Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 07:00 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The one problem with your scenario is that it's been said over and over again that there is NO EVIDENCE that Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia and today it was said by Nunes very,very clearly that the alleged surveillance of Trump/Trump Tower or his campaign had NOTHING to do with the Russian investigation.
So, care to try again?
I agree..of course--there are many, many bad things that could come out..that have nothing to do with Russia..and everything to do with Trump--maybe a sexual assault? Play for pay? Shady deals?

no-one knows..yet.

But it sure sent Nunes scurrying

Old 03-22-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Did you miss what was said today or just ignore it?
Further investigation is needed, serious investigation given the new information brought to light today...
Nope..did not miss it..reveled in it..to tell the truth--I was just replying to the post..sorry if I ruffled yer feathers.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:03 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If the time frame of all of this was previous to Trump being elected - and the info was not directly related to the current investigation, then Trump should not know about it. At some point if the info ties into the existing open case - well, STILL Trump doesn't know about it - after all, the crooks getting investigated are not informed of each piece of the puzzle.

You can be sure of this. Any conversation with Trump on one side of it is going to "interesting" as a pattern is probably evident. He can't keep his mouth shut....no filter. So he may have promised everything from women to condos to removing sanctions. Who knows?

This whole investigation may end up taking years because of the depth of it. At some point soon we are going to have to have Trump and friends testify on what they've found out so far.If the stuff rises to the level of treason, we may have to lock them up and just have the investigation continue until the while crew is locked up.
Yes, Trump would have been informed subsequent to the Inauguration, although possibly in pre-Inauguration intel briefings of any on-going investigations of consequence that did not involve him or perhaps someone in his Administration if Intel was concerned about a leak. OTOH, if this is merely inconsequential chatter (as Nunes seems to suggest) then he may not have been aware of the extent. No point in getting the new boss all ticked off.

Even Nunes says it is legal chatter. So, fine. Don't like the investigation, the program, whatever - then stop it.

Simply do not see where this gets Nunes - unless he can tie it to Obama Administration leaks. He's not part of the Trump Administration.

He IMPLIES there's a political motive on the part of the Obama Administration:

Quote:
“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show the president and his team were at least monitored and sent out in intelligence reporting channels,” he said at a Capitol Hill news conference, adding later at the White House, “I think the president is concerned and he should be.”
But pretty hard for anyone to judge without having a clue as to the investigative TARGET. Again, the only clear political posturing right now is - HIM.

Crazy times.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-22-2017 at 07:16 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
The House Intelligence Chairman, Devin Nunes, has revealed that some of Trump's communications were intercepted through surveillance. So, Trump was right again.

House intel chairman: Trump personal communications may have been collected - CNNPolitics.com
The comments by Nunes do not appear to support Trump's claims, debunked by FBI Director James Comey, that he was wiretapped by his predecessor President Barack Obama. Rather, they appear to relate to conversations between Trump or associates and people who were targeted by FISA warrants -- that Nunes said did not appear to be illegal.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:12 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The comments by Nunes do not appear to support Trump's claims, debunked by FBI Director James Comey, that he was wiretapped by his predecessor President Barack Obama. Rather, they appear to relate to conversations between Trump or associates and people who were targeted by FISA warrants -- that Nunes said did not appear to be illegal.
Yeah they just tapped the phones of people who Trump was in contact with so it would not look like they were targeting Trump specifically.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yeah they just tapped the phones of people who Trump was in contact with so it would not look like they were targeting Trump specifically.
LoL..nice spin...I predict a great career for you as Press Secretary--should be an opening soon

Old 03-22-2017, 07:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Yes, Trump would have been informed subsequent to the Inauguration, although possibly in pre-Inauguration intel briefings of any on-going investigations of consequence that did not involve him or perhaps someone in his Administration if Intel was concerned about a leak. OTOH, if this is merely inconsequential chatter (as Nunes seems to suggest) then he may not have been aware of the extent. No point in getting the new boss all ticked off.

Even Nunes says it is legal chatter. So, fine. Don't like the investigation, the program, whatever - then stop it.

Simply do not see where this gets Nunes - unless he can tie it to Obama Administration leaks. He's not part of the Trump Administration.

He IMPLIES there's a political motive on the part of the Obama Administrative:

Quote:
“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show the president and his team were at least monitored and sent out in intelligence reporting channels,” he said at a Capitol Hill news conference, adding later at the White House, “I think the president is concerned and he should be.”

But pretty hard for anyone to judge without having a clue as to the investigative TARGET. Again, the only clear political posturing right now is - HIM.

Crazy times.
Maybe he's saying that the president should be concerned because it is/was a political move on the part of Obama's administration.

Or maybe he's saying the president should be concerned because some of Trump's staff/associates have crossed a line.

Or maybe he's saying something else entirely.

I dunno, and wish I did.

Secret classification or not, there's been enough public scurrying around that someone's gonna have to come at least somewhat clean.

Rightfully, that person should be Trump, in a serious address to the american people, not an early-morning tweet.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Because there was nothing to do about foreign intelligence in the intercepted electronic surveillance(2017- version of wiretapping)
That was just a ploy....
Has continued since Trump took office.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

But if you want to come here to North Carolina and tell the majority of the state they are anti-American Russian lovers and traitors, I welcome you to do so.

I think we will find out fast who gets "kicked out".
I beg your pardon? Majority? Trump got about 50% of the vote in NC.

Trump = 2,339,603
Clinton = 2,162,074
Johnson = 127,794
Others = 59,491

However, I do agree that not every person who voted for Trump is anti-American. I have friends & neighbors who voted for him, although I can't figure out why for the life of me.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Hmmm..I seem to recall a lot of people saying that when the Wikileaks and the Podesta hacks came out that it did not matter that it was illegally obtained...that the info was what mattered.

So..using that same logic..does it really matter if highly damaging information is obtained and leaked?
Surely the info is the important thing, right?

Also, even if there was surveillance...it was incidental...and someone leaked the masked info.

Illegal..surely. but if the info is correct--we still can't unring the bell--we must deal with it.
Obama administration did the spying. This is the huge difference.And then leaked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies