Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I don't think anyone is denying that Trump's campaign was caught on surveillance. What people have been rejecting is the claim that Obama ordered it.
Yeah, but the media made it seem like Trump was crazy that he was under surveillance.

Him blaming Obama wasn't a good move.

Wait, so does this mean that Comey lied under oath, then, on Monday?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:43 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
dems in denial. we may be hearing from Obama soon. who in the Obama/Clinton camp going to plead the 5th?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:43 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
That's because this is related to something else, like ... oh say money laundering. Trump has his hands in alot of cookie jars.
lmao...

Old 03-22-2017, 01:44 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Quite obvious what Nunes, in a most unorthodox manner is trying to do, which is to throw cover on his lord and master, his Royal Pettiness . He totally bypassed the normal channels and personnel to make a partisan bs statement in order to make Trump's lies look better, by implying something huge happened that didn't. So little Trumpy could sniff and say 'I feel vindicated'--made me want to throw up.

This is not his call. Now the other members of the Intelligence Committee and the FBI will have to also come out and clarify Nunes murky innuendos and BS due to overinflating the importance of a routine investigation to get a pat on the head from Trump.

He's taking his loyal soldier role way to far. What a disgusting display this was. It's looking very Watergatish with Nunes giving cover, if not illegally, way out of bounds. Got his head way too far up Trump's butt to be bipartisan and he should be stripped of his Chair title. What a flaming jerk--this admin is ridiculous.

They are making a mockery of the government and the more intelligent people in the country who see through this garbage. And the fact is Trump is still a childish slanderous liar.
Every body has their Lord and Master. For some it is Hillary and Obama. For some Trump. Some politicians seem to even praise CIA. We just pick our poison. Nunes is going to say there is something. Schiff is going to say there is nothing. Schiff said FBI is withholding information a week back. Same week Nunes said, there is no wire tapping and no collusion and he is fine with FBI. Now he is saying not sure about FBI. Schiff likes FBI now unlike a week back. Maxim waters is actually consistent with her approach to impeaching Trump. She says, he is going to do it himself.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:45 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This is a major backfire plain and simple especially after the recent hearings this week. Lies are coming out. We will learn how far the rabbit hole goes - guessing it leads straight to Obama.
Yep...

Devin Nunes on his way to White House with PROOF of Wiretapping. God, please keep him safe..

Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah, but the media made it seem like Trump was crazy that he was under surveillance.

Him blaming Obama wasn't a good move.

Wait, so does this mean that Comey lied under oath, then, on Monday?
I thought all Comey said was that Obama didn't order any wiretaps and that the Trump campaign was under investigation. Those aren't contradictory statements, and doesn't conflict with anything Nunes said today. Am I missing something?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
I thought all Comey said was that Obama didn't order any wiretaps and that the Trump campaign was under investigation. Those aren't contradictory statements, and doesn't conflict with anything Nunes said today. Am I missing something?
Ah, okay. I thought he said that Trump wasn't wiretapped at all. But I guess I missed the part where he said "Obama didn't order any wiretaps". Makes sense.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
If the Trump campaign was under investigation it HAD to come from the POTUS. It had to. If not are you telling everyone here that our intelligence agencies are rogue and just do whatever they want? I don't really buy that.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:51 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Just the tin-foil hat conspiracy.

The title of this thread is NO NEWS. If Trump's team was communicating with Russia and Russia was being surveilled, as we know they are, then there will be incidental surveillance. If Trump's team did NOT communicate with Russia while Russia was being surveilled, then there will be no incidental surveillance. Easy peasy.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Every body has their Lord and Master. For some it is Hillary and Obama. For some Trump. Some politicians seem to even praise CIA. We just pick our poison. Nunes is going to say there is something. Schiff is going to say there is nothing. Schiff said FBI is withholding information a week back. Same week Nunes said, there is no wire tapping and no collusion and he is fine with FBI. Now he is saying not sure about FBI. Schiff likes FBI now unlike a week back.
Yes ... but this sure seems like it was information that was leaked to Nunes that Nunes in turn leaked to the press for maximum political value framing it to his advantage. And not two DAYS after hearings that featured the harm that could come from leaking intelligence.

Quote:
Democrats on the committee appeared blindsided by Nunes' announcement. Rep. Jim Himes said he spoke with ranking Democratic member Adam Schiff, and that neither of them are familiar with the evidence Nunes is citing.
C'mon folks. This is a bit much. Total political dysfunction. Anyone seriously expect the House Intelligence Committee to work well to investigate the serious matter of Russian influence in the election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies