Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 10:10 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Checked out Fox tonight to see what lies they were telling.

Sure 'nuf. You've got Tucker Carlson tonight insisting Nunes just "proved" Trump's insane wiretap tweet - with a guest telling him the EXACT OPPOSITE over and over - but Tucker refuses to comprehend - instead conflates fiction with fact.

And the morons who get all their news from Fox because they believe Fox is the ONLY honest news source get more red meat lies to fuel their ignorance.

Fox fired Napolitano - yet continues to allow these talking heads to spew fake news night after night after night. Guess Tucker hasn't embarrassed them enough - yet.
Fox is for front running surveillance news. CNN is for front running Russian collusion. People just pick up one they want to believe in and happy with it. Both of them are not proven yet. They are still allegations as of now. Most probably Comey doesn't find anything substantial to file charges similar to previous one other than their reckless handling.
Fox has couple of liberals who provides something different. They actually fired some one based on fake news. CNN is completely unhinged at this point of the time. There is no stopping them until Comey announces something.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:40 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Kurt Eichenwald nails it.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...40453306318848

Old 03-25-2017, 06:32 AM

198 posts, read 261,913 times
Nunes revelation about incidental contact begs the question why was Trump campaign talking to suspected foreign agents that where being surveiled as the result of a FISA court ruling. That could be why he changed his story yesterday now he says no proof that incidental contact included any persons from Trump campaign. it would have been suspicious to only ask for the resignation of the NY US attorney that was in charge of the Surveillance of these suspected foreign agents so all US attorneys were asked to submit their resignations. Nunes has cancelled his intelligence committee meeting for next week. He has not yet shared with his committee what he has seen. He seems to be worried. Collusion with the Rusians to influence the Election may be the least of their worries. The pieces are beginning to come together.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Checked out Fox tonight to see what lies they were telling.

Sure 'nuf. You've got Tucker Carlson tonight insisting Nunes just "proved" Trump's insane wiretap tweet - with a guest telling him the EXACT OPPOSITE over and over - but Tucker refuses to comprehend - instead conflates fiction with fact.

And the morons who get all their news from Fox because they believe Fox is the ONLY honest news source get more red meat lies to fuel their ignorance.

Fox fired Napolitano - yet continues to allow these talking heads to spew fake news night after night after night. Guess Tucker hasn't embarrassed them enough - yet.
I watched it and this is a bit of a spin. Maybe you didn't get Carlson's point because it doesn't agree with yours.

People who watch Fox are not "morons". Neither are people who follow left leaning media. Let's stop this "if you don't agree with me you're a moron" stuff.

Fox did not "fire" Napolitano. He's been temporarily suspended.

Fake news, indeed.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:02 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Those of you who keep saying that no names were unmasked, you need to do more research. Same goes for those of you who say that it's not illegal to unmask these names.

Names definitely were unmasked, and revealed in certain Dem circles. THIS is what is of concern here. And it appears it was done to UNDERMINE THE NEW PRESIDENT.

This is far, far worse than Watergate.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:11 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Republican Leading Russia Investigation Admits ‘Duty and Obligation’ to Trump

Quote:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has come under fire this week for personally briefing President Trump on what he said was evidence that members of the Trump transition were legally surveilled by U.S. intelligence agencies. Nunes’s briefing to Trump, which came before he told Democrats on the committee about the information, led the ranking member Adam Schiff, to question whether Nunes was working as a “surrogate of the White House.”

New comments Nunes made to Sean Hannity Thursday about why he briefed Trump won’t make Schiff feel any better.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Good news. After spending no end of time carrying on about how the real crisis here are the "felonious" links, guess what?

“We don’t talk about sources at this committee. We want more people to come forward,” Nunes said.

Devin Nunes Vanished the Night Before He Made Trump Surveillance Claims - The Daily Beast

Old 03-25-2017, 08:46 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,718 times
I'm a Moderate Conservative - we voted to get the House elected - we also voted to get the Senate elected and the icing on the cake...we elected the President. When will these politicians quit working for themselves and start working for us? California has some real cruddy politicians - very shady. Maxine Waters comes to mind. Pelosi needs to retire. I do admit to liking Dianne Feinstein but I think her age is catching up to her. Clearly some of these policy makers need to retire. I always liked Jane Harman who retired long ago. Jerry Brown, I think he cannot make rational decisions anymore. These guys have been politics for far too long!

Nunes is ok... Paul Ryan "who me worry?" Need to get rid of Ryan as Speaker. Trump, I believe is a good guy - he's no politician per se. He could do a lot of good things if people would STOP getting in his way. Let him get to work.

Nunes was looking out for Trump and tired of how he was being treated. Was is right to go tell him? Probably not but Trump has been taking quite the beating. Then you have the NSA Whistle Blower who came out and said this: Bill Binney, a 36-year veteran of the National Security Agency who resigned in protest from the organization in 2001, told Fox Business on Monday. Everyone's conversations are being monitored and stored, Binney said.

That's not good and scary. Ordinary citizens should all be concerned. We really need for this to play out. There's some real shenanigans going on in our own government that should worry all of us.

For the record, California has some real problems no thanks to the long time politicians running our state. Maxine Waters is a huge embarrassment. I'll leave it at that, and NO has nothing to do with the color of her skin. She's has made some serious boo boo's.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:50 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Those of you who keep saying that no names were unmasked, you need to do more research. Same goes for those of you who say that it's not illegal to unmask these names.

Names definitely were unmasked, and revealed in certain Dem circles. THIS is what is of concern here. And it appears it was done to UNDERMINE THE NEW PRESIDENT.

This is far, far worse than Watergate.
Agreed, southward. Pretty much any reader needs to research before coming to even a tentative personal conclusion for Nunes isn't particularly clear. I did.

Sure I label myself "Liberal" but almost anyone would have to wonder why his story changed so much from Sunday night to Wednesday - with the Monday hearings and the Comey bombshell in between. Maybe a whistleblower appeared on Monday or Tuesday in an odd "coincidence"? The same kind of coincidence that Judge Napolitano encountered when he changed his story overnight about his mysterious three sources? But even here, I don't discredit Nunes - perhaps unsettled by the Comey bombshell he instinctively moved to defend Trump with an unproved allegation in a way he now regrets (per the apology).

No source TOLD or suggested that I question that timing - for I read few left wing news outlets unless a friend sends a link and i do so from courtesy. Unless I KNOW someone to be a confirmed outright liar (and frankly Trump is now in the category) I'm even willing to give Nunes the benefit of the doubt - that he saw SOMETHING. And spent a few minutes coming up with a working theory.

My "guess" is that the "unmasked" names were in the report content - and that the names were either (1) justifiably unmasked, (2) carelessly unmasked (giving Nunes some credence that the IC has been a bit loose and gossipy but certainly not proving spying) or (3) per another poster never needed to be masked to begin with. Regardless, Nunes may know FISAs law but I don't know that anyone simply by looking at a series of reports but unfamiliar with their history can immediately discern the difference.

This will unfold over time. But nothing I've seen justifies the resulting headlines. Certainly no indication that anything in "far, far worse than Watergate."

Maybe we arrive at instinctively different takes on stories like this because our differing political orientations.

What does seem clear is that Nunes acted in a way that changed this from responsible Congressional committee reporting to promulgating conspiracy theories. The onus is on him to prove otherwise.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-25-2017 at 09:04 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 08:53 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good news. After spending no end of time carrying on about how the real crisis here are the "felonious" links, guess what?

We don’t talk about sources at this committee. We want more people to come forward,” Nunes said.

Devin Nunes Vanished the Night Before He Made Trump Surveillance Claims - The Daily Beast
And well - here you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies