Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Claims that white people, being oppressors, have no right to free speech or creative freedom, are publicized in the NYT and other major media.
Quote:
Another protester, Hannah Black, a British-born black artist and writer working in Berlin, has written a letter to the biennial’s curators, Mia Locks and Christopher Y. Lew, urging that the painting be not only removed from the show but also destroyed.
“The subject matter is not Schutz’s,” Ms. Black wrote in a Facebook message that has been signed by more than 30 other artists she identifies as nonwhite. “White free speech and white creative freedom have been founded on the constraint of others, and are not natural rights.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/a...A51CA0&gwt=pay

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/da...protest-897929

https://newrepublic.com/article/141506/case-dana-schutz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 03:18 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Sounds reasonable.

*After being hit over the head with a golf club 500 times

Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
The media are routinely playing us against one another. They want division, it's classic divide and conquer. A divided society is much easier for the elites to manipulate.

Make the people argue about pointless identity politics, so that they distracted from the real issues.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
That's silly. But whatever.

Still drives me nuts that Till's accuser is still walking around free as if she's done nothing. Someone oughta b...uhh..nevermind.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:32 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
I honestly don't care if these people make a fool of themselves on the national stage and put their name next to such an odd and racist comment but the fist thing you did wrong was giving them the time of day you should jus laugh and move on, not get this racist girl a bigger platform by posting it on here. I honestly don't understand that word splurge at the end but by the second buzzword I was already throwing up a little in my mouth.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I honestly don't care if these people make a fool of themselves on the national stage and put their name next to such an odd and racist comment but the fist thing you did wrong was giving them the time of day you should jus laugh and move on, not get this racist girl a bigger platform by posting it on here. I honestly don't understand that word splurge at the end but by the second buzzword I was already throwing up a little in my mouth.
This is not about one "racist girl" saying something on social media. It's an extreme anti-white racist position being sold as social justice by a variety of people and given a forum by major media. It's the kind of thing that might seem nuts to you now, but in a year or two will be normalized and considered a regular part of the enlightened liberal worldview.
From The Root:
Quote:
There is sure to be some pushback over artistic freedom, the right to free speech, and whether the entire subject and history of America’s discrimination against people of color should be off-limits to white artists. But this controversy isn’t about rights or freedom. This painting is a prime example of peak whitepeopleing.
What is “whitepeopleing”?
Whitepeopleing is the privilege and dismissive confidence that you have not only the right but also the permission to do whatever the **** you want. Whitepeopleing is the audacity of believing that your white hands are gifted with the skill, soul and empathy to transmute the horrific spilling of black blood into something passersby can contemplate before they move on to another sculpture or painting.
This White Woman

Old 03-25-2017, 10:12 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
From The Root:
Quote:
What is “whitepeopleing”?
Whitepeopleing is the privilege and dismissive confidence that you have not only the right but also the permission to do whatever the **** you want. Whitepeopleing is the audacity of believing that your white hands are gifted with the skill, soul and empathy to transmute the horrific spilling of black blood into something passersby can contemplate before they move on to another sculpture or painting.
Oh good, Whitepeopleing. Another great regressive buzzword to add to my lexicon.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Oh good, Whitepeopleing. Another great regressive buzzword to add to my lexicon.
I def understand people should be more respectful about what happened to Emmett Till but; fools coming up with racist words like "whitepeopleing" is just ignorant.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:26 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
I'm sure not sure why all these conservatives keep addressing views held by .01% of the population. If you think there is some massive anti-white hysteria going on than you're wrong. Although it wouldn't surprise me, Trump supporters are taking the victim role in anyway possible now.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is not about one "racist girl" saying something on social media. It's an extreme anti-white racist position being sold as social justice by a variety of people and given a forum by major media. It's the kind of thing that might seem nuts to you now, but in a year or two will be normalized and considered a regular part of the enlightened liberal worldview.
From The Root:

This White Woman
I just strained my eye-rolling muscle.

If someone said something like that in my presence, I would laugh and say, " You're stupid, go sit down."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies