Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks should try it in context, which was about preparedness for it, and it was from 6 months ago. Trying to make it into this is just revolting. What sort of human being does that? Do you people have any shame? The bodies are barely cool.

In context from 6 months ago:

He said that terrorism preparedness, including providing sufficient support to the police, was “part and parcel of living in a great global city.”

“That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities; it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice,”
You are wrong. Below is the original story from September. You are taking two sentences and combining them to make Khan sound like less of an idiot than he really is.

Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city” and encouraged Londoners to be vigilant to combat dangers.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-23-2017 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 06:52 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Now this lunatic mayor is just trying to normalize terrorism.
He's not normalizing it, he's saying people have perpetrated attacks in large cities before to bring attention to their cause and it will continue to happen in the future.

The Wall Street bombing occurred at 12:01 pm on September 16, 1920, in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City. The blast killed 30 people immediately, and another eight died later of wounds sustained in the blast. There were 143 seriously injured, and the total number of injured was in the hundreds.[1]:160–61[2]

The bombing was never solved, although investigators and historians believe the Wall Street bombing was carried out by Galleanists (Italian anarchists), a group responsible for a series of bombings the previous year. The attack was related to postwar social unrest, labor struggles, and anti-capitalist agitation in the United States.

The Wall Street bomb killed more people than the 1910 bombing of the Los Angeles Times, which was the deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil up to that point.[3] The death toll was exceeded in the Bath School disaster in 1927.

Remnants of the damage from the 1920 bombing are still visible on 23 Wall Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_bombing

Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Let me get this straight: Another poster should edit his/her post because YOU misunderstood and screwed up?

Thanks. My first belly laugh of the day!
No, sorry, you didn't get it straight.

I believe the post should be edited because I was not apologizing for anyone but myself because I misunderstood another poster. My post had nothing to do with what nononsenseguy is portraying it as.

I hope I've cleared it up for you but I'm happy you had a laugh at someone else's expense - even if it was from yet another misunderstanding.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
No Muslims - no terrorism.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

They're stupid I guess.

Yes, there was the IRA, Timothy McVeigh, the unibomber, and a couple of abortion clinic murders.

I guess that means Muslims aren't a problem after all.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
You are wrong. Below is the original story from September. You are taking two sentences and combining them to make Khan sound like less of an idiot than he really is.

Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city” and encouraged Londoners to be vigilant to combat dangers.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

Even CNN for once has is correct:

I read that story when it came out last year and I re-read it again today.

It is quite clear what the man meant.

It baffles me that the people who crow about always being prepared by having gun rights can't or won't understand what Khan was saying.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No Muslims - no terrorism.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

They're stupid I guess.

Yes, there was the IRA, Timothy McVeigh, the unibomber, and a couple of abortion clinic murders.

I guess that means Muslims aren't a problem after all.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...5#terror_05sum

Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, sorry, you didn't get it straight.

I believe the post should be edited because I was not apologizing for anyone but myself because I misunderstood another poster. My post had nothing to do with what nononsenseguy is portraying it as.

I hope I've cleared it up for you but I'm happy you had a laugh at someone else's expense - even if it was from yet another misunderstanding.
No, Margot. Just admit it. The misunderstanding was yours and yours alone.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
No, Margot. Just admit it. The misunderstanding was yours and yours alone.
Its M-A-G-R-I-T-T-E.

Yes, my misunderstanding of desertdetroiter's post was my fault which is why I apologized to him.

That apology was not for Muslim extremists which is what nononsenseguy made it out to look like.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:02 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
ISIS claims responsibility:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/316054...inster-latest/

Now would all you apologists just go away? Please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies