Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 05:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,730,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not this again. There is more to life than bathrooms, boys, and girls. I agree it's a bad idea and the school district shouldn't allow it. However, parents of teenagers should have taught teenagers self control and responsibility for their actions, should they not? The implication here is that if a teenage boy (or girl) sees a naked person of the opposite sex, they won't be able to control their lustful urges, and they will sexually harass or rape the other student and it's the school's fault. That's complete and utter B.S.

Teenagers have control over their actions. Every good parent teaches their kid not to touch someone else without their permission and if they do, it's on them. If the teenager is going to have sex with another, they're going to do it with or without the assistance of a locker room.

BTW, some teenagers are gay, and being naked in the locker room with persons of the same sex is exactly the same for them as heterosexual teenagers being together. Also, just because you're naked in the locker room with someone doesn't mean the person will be attractive to you. Teens are the same way. Anyone who has been out on a beach and seen people in skimpy swimsuits knows this.
First I am very open minded and if someone is transgender I am 100% fine with who they want to be. I remember how awkward being in a locker room was in my teen years and I didn't even have this issue.

However, this is not fair to a child (yes a child) that is being forced to change in a locker room with someone who is physically the opposite sex. It is not fair to impose that on another child to make the transgender teen feel comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 05:06 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,500,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Unisex works fine for RRs. It doesnt for locker or dressing rooms.
I think this is simple, and just.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:38 PM

21,458 posts, read 10,557,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
First I am very open minded and if someone is transgender I am 100% fine with who they want to be. I remember how awkward being in a locker room was in my teen years and I didn't even have this issue.

However, this is not fair to a child (yes a child) that is being forced to change in a locker room with someone who is physically the opposite sex. It is not fair to impose that on another child to make the transgender teen feel comfortable.
I agree 100%. There aren't that many transgender people at that age. Let them change in the nurse's office. Don't threaten everyone else to go to the nurse's office or homeschool if they're not comfortable with it. That's insane!

Old 03-23-2017, 05:40 PM

23,957 posts, read 15,056,113 times
Why is so hard about putting in in single person stalls with a curtain to pull?

That is what we had in Lanier and Lamar in Houston 50 years ago. You could shower in a one person stall, but few did.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some of us very old women are getting damned tired of the football rape culture. And their lazy arse advocates.

Some of us raised boys who learned about their bodies and what is acceptable and what is not.

If humans think they are the highest of the animal kingdom, they need to damn well learn how to control their animal instincts.

You think adolescent teenagers are incapable of self control.

Thank goodness my grandson have competent parents. They are all in college and grad school and have never felt compelled to assault or grope any person.

One went off to a camp that encouraged group skinny dipping from early elementary age until they aged out. The kids spent all summer together skinny dipping every day. No one was ever assaulted.
But would you have forced him to go if A.There were girls there as well and B. He was highly uncomfortable with being naked in front of them? Basically, would you force your preteen/teen to go to a co-ed nudist camp even though it highly embarrassed them or went against their beliefs?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

Why yes it's fair. Didn't you know that one persons wish to be seen as a different sex than what they physically are outweighs a groups right to not be uncomfortably naked around them? It's ALL about that one person, ain't that just special?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM

168 posts, read 150,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why yes it's fair. Didn't you know that one persons wish to be seen as a different sex than what they physically are outweighs a groups right to not be uncomfortably naked around them? It's ALL about that one person, ain't that just special?
Some people need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them and their feelings.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:39 PM

23,957 posts, read 15,056,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
But would you have forced him to go if A.There were girls there as well and B. He was highly uncomfortable with being naked in front of them? Basically, would you force your preteen/teen to go to a co-ed nudist camp even though it highly embarrassed them or went against their beliefs?
BS, you are nitpicking.

nobody forced anybody to do anything that made then uncomfortable.

They were taught to respect themselves and others.

Respect for others is something of value that can be learned. On CD, not so much.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,196,835 times
I have nothing against people who decide they identify differently than their birth sex.

What I am against is the fact that this young male student was threatened with being labeled "intolerant and a bully" by the Vice Principle when he asked for help. That's not inclusion, Pathetic.

Give transgender kids a non-sex identified restroom and locker room. Let them work this out.

There is no way that they would be forcing this onto adults or professional teams.

The fact that the teen wears a bra means there has not been a sex change. Why wouldn't this person be changing in the girls locker room. Just the tail wagging the dog imo

And, regarding parents deciding to home school. Why should they have to. Our taxes pay for public schools. The masses should not be catering to one individual.

Gads, I am so glad that I do not have teens!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,581,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I have nothing against people who decide they identify differently than their birth sex.

What I am against is the fact that this young male student was threatened with being labeled "intolerant and a bully" by the Vice Principle when he asked for help. That's not inclusion, Pathetic.

Give transgender kids a non-sex identified restroom and locker room. Let them work this out.

There is no way that they would be forcing this onto adults or professional teams.

The fact that the teen wears a bra means there has not been a sex change. Why wouldn't this person be changing in the girls locker room. Just the tail wagging the dog imo

And, regarding parents deciding to home school. Why should they have to. Our taxes pay for public schools. The masses should not be catering to one individual.

Gads, I am so glad that I do not have teens!
That doesn't mean anything, didn't you see Seinfeld? It's the "bro", no, it's the "mansierre" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies