Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It sure is.

Some years ago a friend who was in high school came home and complained to her mom, my bff, that a boy grabbed her breast while walking down the hall.

She told the principal. She was told to learn how to deal with it.

We marched ourselves over to the schoolhouse. I told the principal that if it ever happened again, we would be calling the cops and filing assault charges.

Like magic, the school changed their tune about telling girls just learn how to deal with it.

People need to be teaching their boys some self control. Anybody should be able to walk down the school hall naked without fear of assault.

The 1970's, there was a lot of boob grabbing from the boys and a lot of crotch and ass grabbing from the girls.

We all got along great. If the girl didn't like it, someone got slapped silly. Like they should be.
Call the cops, file assault.. Pft. Take care of business and your kid will not turn out to be such a snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Schools are concerned about protecting themselves from lawsuits, and nothing else- it's called cowardice.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1970's, there was a lot of boob grabbing from the boys and a lot of crotch and ass grabbing from the girls.

We all got along great. If the girl didn't like it, someone got slapped silly. Like they should be.
Call the cops, file assault.. Pft. Take care of business and your kid will not turn out to be such a snowflake.
LOL, I remember a time in elementary school I took a dare to grab a girls butt. I did it and she turned around and smacked me so hard I felt like one of those cartoon characters , dazed with the little tweety birds flying around my head. That was the last time I ever did that.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
if you have a penis you use the men;s room

if you have a vagina you use the women;s room

if liberals have a problem with that, they are mentally insane and will continue losing elections

Old 03-23-2017, 01:36 PM

168 posts, read 150,933 times
Yet another chapter in the American left's never ending jihad against the notion of objective reality.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:47 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Interesting that you think it is ok to grab somebody and if they don't like it, it is their job to smack you.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Interesting that you think it is ok to grab somebody and if they don't like it, it is their job to smack you.
That was the reality not so long go. Not that it was OK for someone to touch you - but that if they did it was perfectly ok to reach out and knock them TF out. Problem>solution!

In fifth grade this creepy kid in my class leaned forward and snapped my bra one day. I turned around and grabbed the top of his desk, lifted it up, and sent him crashing hard to the floor. Mrs. White told everyone to stop laughing, told the kid he got what he deserved, and we went back to our lesson. End of drama. Told my parents about it that night and they said I did the right thing. Fin.

Things were handled much that way in my youth of the 70's and 80's. Parental/School/Police involvement for such offenses just didn't much exist. I'm not necessarily saying that that method was right or wrong - only that things seemed to work themselves out much of the time without administrative backup levying punishments, counseling, and new rules for everyone else.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:02 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
I see a difference between bathroom and locker room because of the function of each. Bathroom, you're just doing your business - nothing sexual unless you're into that sort of thing, and most people aren't. Besides, bathrooms have stalls, so if you want privacy, you've got it. Undressing (or sometimes dressing), on the other hand, is somewhat sexual because of it's very nature. It's sexy when my hubby takes his T-shirt off. Sure, he looks good when it IS off, but the act of taking it off makes a difference. Or maybe I'm just weird, but the fact that strip-tease is a thing tells me I'm not that far off.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:05 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is just stupid on the schools part and they are actually opening themselves up to lawsuits.

Forcing teens together naked is not a good idea.
What teen boy doesn't get excited looking at a naked or even half naked teen girl? Does this mean they are showering together too?
What happens when one bold boy wiggles his willy at this girl that thinks she is a boy? A sexual harassment LAWSUIT !

What if the boys single out this girl and start snapping her with towels and the testosterone fueled urges take over and they start touching her? LAWSUIT !

What if the boys start talking about girls like boys do in locker rooms and she feels threatened or uncomfortable? LAWSUIT !

How can the girls parents be OK with this?
When something finally happens it should be the adults which are forcing this issue who get punished not the teens.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
When I was last in high school almost 2 decades ago barely anyone really used the locker rooms and no one was really going full nude when they did... and absolutely no one used the showers. Is this like a regional thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies