Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Who said anything about girls being raped? Isn't it enough for an adolescent to simply desire an expectation of privacy from the eyes of the opposite sex while disrobing? This applies to both boys and girls. They're naturally shy around even their own parents at that age. All kids deserve privacy if they desire. Nobody should have to endure the discomfort and loss of modesty by being forced in essence to change in front of others. I think private facilities are the only real solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:38 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it's an athlete thing.
Guess that makes more sense for after school sports teams and whatnot. Why do we give a s**t about sports in our educational system again? Simple solution, get rid of sports in public education and focus on learning fundamental foundational knowledge and marketable life skills. Move sports to privately funded organizations that can have whatever the hell they want as their locker room policies.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Oh, so now we need to say it is ok for people to grab another person, teach the other person to smack them if they don't like being grabbed. If we don't they will be so frustrated they will blow up the school.

My family has lots a school teachers. They will tell you that the teacher rarely sees the one who started it. They see the repercussions.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:41 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When I was last in high school almost 2 decades ago barely anyone really used the locker rooms and no one was really going full nude when they did... and absolutely no one used the showers. Is this like a regional thing?
You didn't have mandatory swim class for one year of high school? We did, and so did my kids in a different school district. Large high schools with pools, swim, and dive teams.

Have to get naked to change into and out of a swim suit. I know that may come as a shock to those of you who are not athletically-inclined.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
You didn't have mandatory swim class for one year of high school? We did, and so did my kids in a different school district. Large high schools with pools, swim, and dive teams.

Have to get naked to change into and out of a swim suit. I know that may come as a shock to those of you who are not athletically-inclined.
We had private changing areas with curtains for swim class when I took it in Jr. high. Of course, that was in Utah, and Mormons are particular about their modesty.

I think bathrooms should be private too. I dislike stalls. I am not a horse.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:44 PM

983 posts, read 737,637 times
These boys are forced to change in front of this freak but the real danger and concern is that at any time she could say they raped/molested/sexual harassed her. Then it would be their fault and the fallout for them would be insane.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:45 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:

Nah it was optional just had to have some sort of PE credit per year, and I could already swim quite well by that point having done all the boy scout related swimming merit badge stuff. Swim a mile, drag another person out of the water with them limp, etc...

Old 03-23-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
We had private changing areas with curtains for swim class when I took it in Jr. high.
Not happening in large schools. We're talking 3 to 4 floors of classrooms and enrollment in the multiple thousands. There simply isn't enough space for individual curtained changing/shower stalls. Everything is single-sex open locker/shower rooms.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
These boys are forced to change in front of this freak but the real danger and concern is that at any time she could say they raped/molested/sexual harassed her. Then it would be their fault and the fallout for them would be insane.
I don't agree with calling people freaks, but it seems to me that the person in question must be a bit of an exhibitionist. If one hasn't had surgery and / or hormones to transition, then it's kind of weird to be flaunting ones breasts in front of horny teenage boys and not feeling self-conscious about it.

Then again, it's sort of a life lesson for the boys. As adults, we are going to be exposed to all kinds of **** we don't agree with. Better get used to it.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Good point. It didn't even take a locker room for the insane Duke false rape scandal to ruin people's lives. Same with the U VA fake rape scandal.

Why add more fuel to the fire? Keep the anatomical sexes separated in such multiple occupancy facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies