Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Guess that makes more sense for after school sports teams and whatnot. Why do we give a s**t about sports in our educational system again? Simple solution, get rid of sports in public education and focus on learning fundamental foundational knowledge and marketable life skills. Move sports to privately funded organizations that can have whatever the hell they want as their locker room policies.
I agree with this. Do some basic phys ed that's required in HS and that doesn't require changing clothes (require kids on PE days to wear sneakers and comfy clothing) and then get rid of all the extracurricular sports altogether and move them to private organizations that can make their own rules.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:55 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nah it was optional
And when it's not optional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You didn't have mandatory swim class for one year of high school? We did, and so did my kids in a different school district. Large high schools with pools, swim, and dive teams.

Have to get naked to change into and out of a swim suit. I know that may come as a shock to those of you who are not athletically-inclined.
Nope. None of the schools around here have swimming pools unless they're private schools.

I did, however, swim quite frequently in private pools and the like. Most people are aware of the method of dress while swimming.

LOL.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
You didn't have mandatory swim class for one year of high school? We did, and so did my kids in a different school district. Large high schools with pools, swim, and dive teams.

Have to get naked to change into and out of a swim suit. I know that may come as a shock to those of you who are not athletically-inclined.
None of the schools in my county have an onsite pool. So I dont think anyone for at leas the last 25 years(the previous building for my high school did have a pool) has had to do that at least in my area and i doubt in others as we have the 3rd largest district enrollment in the state.

The solution to this is to simply wear your P.E. clothing under your regular clothes. This is actually already common practice.

Me offering this solution does not mean I have a problem with this young mans objections.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Good point. It didn't even take a locker room for the insane Duke false rape scandal to ruin people's lives. Same with the U VA fake rape scandal.

Why add more fuel to the fire? Keep the anatomical sexes separated in such multiple occupancy facilities.
No, we must bend all to service the issues of one. That's the American (school) way...

Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. None of the schools around here have swimming pools unless they're private schools.
Since that's clearly not true for all, we can't have a forced mixed-sex school locker/shower room national policy.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
I went to HS in Northern CA and everyone had to take a semester of swimming as a freshman. As a pretty modest 13 year-old I was very self-conscious about changing. So were most of the girls, so we lined up and used the bathroom stalls to change. Our teacher hustled us in and out and never complained. I was often late to my next period class due to waiting for my turn to put my clothes back on but since I arrived bedraggled with wet hair the teacher understood why I was late and never wrote me up. Why can't schools just adapt like this?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I went to HS in Northern CA and everyone had to take a semester of swimming as a freshman. As a pretty modest 13 year-old I was very self-conscious about changing. So were most of the girls, so we lined up and used the bathroom stalls to change. Our teacher hustled us in and out and never complained. I was often late to my next period class due to waiting for my turn to put my clothes back on but since I arrived bedraggled with wet hair the teacher understood why I was late and never wrote me up. Why can't schools just adapt like this?
And if they don't? Why does everyone else have to adapt for 0.3% of the population? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:04 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe all the boys' parents should be teaching them not to rape women who are trying to change their clothes?

Just a thought.

The idea that we have to hide to keep from being raped because men cannot control themselves makes me think that less men need to be in charge of important things in this world because...

No self control.
Self control has nothing to do with this. The boy is uncomfortable changing with girls. Isn't that reason enough? How many women would tolerate men changing in their locker rooms? Should they be told to make it as natural as possible?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:05 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1970's, there was a lot of boob grabbing from the boys and a lot of crotch and ass grabbing from the girls.

We all got along great. If the girl didn't like it, someone got slapped silly. Like they should be.
Call the cops, file assault.. Pft. Take care of business and your kid will not turn out to be such a snowflake.
Sad that girls were slapping. They should have been taught how to throw a real punch.

But hey, I'm all for kids defending themselves from assault in school. Hip-threw a bully into a candy machine back in high school, freshman year. Dude had been trying to bully me for a few months and one day decided to cut the strap on my messenger bag.... so I made sure he didn't want to do that again.

I thought it was fair. School thought otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
if you have a penis you use the men;s room
if you have a vagina you use the women;s room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Who said anything about girls being raped? Isn't it enough for an adolescent to simply desire an expectation of privacy from the eyes of the opposite sex while disrobing? This applies to both boys and girls. They're naturally shy around even their own parents at that age. All kids deserve privacy if they desire. Nobody should have to endure the discomfort and loss of modesty by being forced in essence to change in front of others. I think private facilities are the only real solution.
A couple of people whom are against transgender folks immediately jumped to "YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE GUYS WILL TOUCH AND RAPE".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
These boys are forced to change in front of this freak but the real danger and concern is that at any time she could say they raped/molested/sexual harassed her. Then it would be their fault and the fallout for them would be insane.
If they raped, molested, or sexually assaulted him... it would be their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
We had private changing areas with curtains for swim class when I took it in Jr. high. Of course, that was in Utah, and Mormons are particular about their modesty.

I think bathrooms should be private too. I dislike stalls. I am not a horse.
In my school, we had a public changing area, a handful of private changing areas. The showers were all individual as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies