Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:31 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

please do not fail to recognize this is a PROFIT making industry. Koch bros offering money to congressmen to pass the bill- why? because they worried about your g-mas health?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I see zero reason to limit any innovation, medically or otherwise until it reaches the point of being unethical. What if the super expensive pills that you are questioning can save the life of someone who can afford them? Why would you favor excluding that purchase decision to be made by someone who doesn't want to die or live with some medical condition that inhibits their way of life?
My argument against Pharma is, unnecessary innovation. Pills should only be made to treat diseases/symptoms that doctors and medical researchers say are medically necessary, not to make money on as many different types of pills they can produce. That's the issue.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Those might be "essential" to you but not to me. I had a vasectomy in my 30's so I don't need any pre or post natal coverage. No mental health issues in my family history so that's not needed. I don't do any type of drugs and I rarely drink so substance abuse coverage isn't on my essential list.....Like in auto coverage, I will pick and choose what I want. Current health insurers will sell just like State Farm and Allstate sell car and homeowners insurance. New insurance companies will appear to compete like Esurance and Geico have done.

What makes you think they will offer all these a la carte plans tailored to you? People are not cars. How would you like your health insurance company to declare you totaled?

How about employers? They might just choose to offer the cheapest plans, that cover the minimum.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:34 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We need affordable healthcare. We do not need health insurance. I do not envy the residents of all of the RED counties that Voted for The Donald and/or their Republican Legislators and Governors. These folks bought the spiel and are, along with the people that were not fooled, going to pay the price for this mistake.
Remove government and you will get affordable. Government keeps the prices as high as they are.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:45 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Those might be "essential" to you but not to me. I had a vasectomy in my 30's so I don't need any pre or post natal coverage. No mental health issues in my family history so that's not needed. I don't do any type of drugs and I rarely drink so substance abuse coverage isn't on my essential list.....Like in auto coverage, I will pick and choose what I want. Current health insurers will sell just like State Farm and Allstate sell car and homeowners insurance. New insurance companies will appear to compete like Esurance and Geico have done.
no no no .

You dont know what you needed until you are dead.
i strongly suggest that you study a game of odds and learn how they really work. You are not correctly assessing risk .

there is no point in me breaking it out for you, as clearly you have missed the whole point of pooled risk.

sticking 100 million people into one pool protects everyone except for extreme outliers. and they likely benefit elsewhere across the spectrum of risk pooling we already have. .... military, police , etc.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Obama failed because of cost and mandates. We will just have to see what the final product is.
Obamacare has not exactly failed but it is having some problems. The main problem is healthcare in the USA is very expensive and there is no way around that unless a major overhaul is done. AHCA is not lowering costs any more than ACA did. Both were just putting lipstick on a pig. The Pubs don't have the guts any more than the Dems did to do what is really needed to fix healthcare cost.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:49 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Remove government and you will get affordable. Government keeps the prices as high as they are.
Haha, that's rich. Exhibit A is Pharma - government is not allowed to mess with Pharma or to negotiate prices. Have you seen prescription prices fall?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:50 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Freedom Caucus says there is no bill today...maybe tomorrow. Not enough votes to pass this HUGE tax cut for the wealthy--not to mention it throws 24 Million poor citizens out of health care insurance.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
[quote=tamajane;47607296]
What makes you think they will offer all these a la carte plans tailored to you? People are not cars. How would you like your health insurance company to declare you totaled? ROFL

How about employers? They might just choose to offer the cheapest plans, that cover the minimum.[/quote

PROFITS! you make profits of those that do NOT require a claims to be paid out

Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
[quote=tinytrump;47607613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What makes you think they will offer all these a la carte plans tailored to you? People are not cars. How would you like your health insurance company to declare you totaled? ROFL

How about employers? They might just choose to offer the cheapest plans, that cover the minimum.[/quote

PROFITS! you make profits of those that do NOT require a claims to be paid out
Don't forget to add shareholders screaming down your throat every quarter to ask for more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies