Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

As long as the new health care bill legalizes marijuana, decriminalizes drugs, provides universal mental health care at non profit institutions, covers 75% of cost of psychiatric medication, government control of cost of generic medications, tax that covers 75% care of cancer & catastrophic health services, unrestricted care for those receiving Medicaid, universal health care for individuals 70 & older, 60% of cost of care covered for Veterans at VA facilities, tax rebates for individuals who have physicals/join a gym/participate in exercise events/etc..., and universal health care for active duty military members & their immediate family members I am good then.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:00 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
As long as the new health care bill legalizes marijuana, decriminalizes drugs, provides universal mental health care at non profit institutions, covers 75% of cost of psychiatric medication, government control of cost of generic medications, tax that covers 75% care of cancer & catastrophic health services, unrestricted care for those receiving Medicaid, universal health care for individuals 70 & older, 60% of cost of care covered for Veterans at VA facilities, tax rebates for individuals who have physicals/join a gym/participate in exercise events/etc..., and universal health care for active duty military members & their immediate family members I am good then.
Well I guess you do not like Trump care.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I just want to buy an insurance policy that fits my needs. Choice is not having the exact same plans from BCBS, Aetna and Cigna to choose from. Health insurance should be as readily available and in as many different flavors as car insurance.
And, I will add to that, everyone should pay based on their history of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Let's see...a thread started by a Trump hater with links to the biased liberal LA Times and an Obamacare facts site.

This thread couldn't possibly be biased, could it?
Yeah, I didn't click it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Red states already have the worst healthcare in the developed world. Combine that with high levels of medial debt, obesity, falling life expectancy, and an opioid crisis - you have a public health disaster. Republicans are screwing rural America with this bill.
Actually, we are doing fine. I doubt you can find anything other than your personal opinion to back up what you have said. Please don't let liberal media fool you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We need affordable healthcare. We do not need health insurance. I do not envy the residents of all of the RED counties that Voted for The Donald and/or their Republican Legislators and Governors. These folks bought the spiel and are, along with the people that were not fooled, going to pay the price for this mistake.
Trump has also mentioned that we need affordable healthcare. It is SO much less expensive outside the US. Health insurance is a middle man. Used to be a medical office could run with a doctor and a nurse, same with a dental office, now, they need 2 or 3 people filing insurance and working hard to pry the money from the insurance company. Too many middle men.

Our county is fine and if we can rid ourselves of the illegal aliens that are sucking down the public assistance and turning the town into a 3rd world dump, the future will be bright!

Subject in general is just more liberal babble, what they drag up to post crap against Trump and his supporters. Sad they can't get over their belly aching when it comes to the election.

ObamaCareNot did what he was predicted to do, what a mess!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
please do not fail to recognize this is a PROFIT making industry. Koch bros offering money to congressmen to pass the bill- why? because they worried about your g-mas health?
I heard the exact opposite on NPR this morning. They said the Koch brothers will give money to those who OPPOSE this healthcare bill --because to them it still covers too much.

I just hope Republicans don't really support taking healthcare away from millions of Americans.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:05 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I heard the exact opposite on NPR this morning. They said the Koch brothers will give money to those who OPPOSE this healthcare bill --because to them it still covers too much.

I just hope Republicans don't really support taking healthcare away from millions of Americans.
An open bribe..Ahhhh... so disgusting.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:16 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Those might be "essential" to you but not to me. I had a vasectomy in my 30's so I don't need any pre or post natal coverage. No mental health issues in my family history so that's not needed. I don't do any type of drugs and I rarely drink so substance abuse coverage isn't on my essential list.....Like in auto coverage, I will pick and choose what I want. Current health insurers will sell just like State Farm and Allstate sell car and homeowners insurance. New insurance companies will appear to compete like Esurance and Geico have done.
Yep, you don't need any of those essential things until you do. And then, do you ever.

I don't drink, do drugs or anything of the kind. Not overweight, eat right, etc, etc. No family history issues either. And then one day what I thought was a minor issue turned into a major health problem. I wound up in the hospital 3 times, had a major operation, was not able to do any kind of work for well over a year. Today, I am in very good health.

Believe me, things like that can happen to anyone. Even you. I once thought as you do, but no more. I now know better.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
So what happens when something unexpected happens with your health and hospital bill is $200K and is not covered?
You make payments of $5 a month and call it a day.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Catering to the Freedom Caucus is going to be the death of this country. When even Trump sounds somewhat reasonable compared to them you know they are completely bat**** crazy. They are meeting with Trump and they keep changing the goalposts, they basically want no social safety net period. No Medicare, no Medicaid, no Social Security, nothing. Think about this folks, TrumpCare/RyanCare/DontCare is pretty bad ... and it's not enough for the Freedom Caucus. These people need to be expelled from Congress. Bar them from being seated ... like Sinn Fein in Westminster.

We need a Medicare for All public option.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You make payments of $5 a month and call it a day.
True to Trump's business philosophy, which was to not pay his bills either.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Why not just change the name of Obamacare to "Bill O'Reilly care", and then most of the losers in the US who voted for Trump would think it's the greatest thing every invented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies