Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I think Betsy Devos has no respect at all for public education. Its the fox guarding the hen house.
How can anyone have any respect at all for public education, given the results? Even the highest scoring racial/ethnic demographic doesn't even break a 50% proficiency rate.

And Blacks? Only 7% of all 12th grade Blacks are proficient in Math, and 16% in Reading? And anyone wonders why there's such extreme income and wealth gaps?

Come on... /SMH

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMesa View Post
http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...e Switch : NPR

This shows that perhaps the wealth gap between Hispanics /blacks and whites isn't solely due to family structure.
I'm going to look at medium income first and then median wealth later ...

I Googled. The Pew Research Center....
White 2 party families $71,300
Afro-American 2 party $43,300
BA/BS 2 party white family
$106,600
BA/BS Afro-American 2 party family
$82,300

Old 03-23-2017, 10:33 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I'm going to look at medium income first and then median wealth later ...

I Googled. The Pew Research Center....
White 2 party families $71,300
Afro-American 2 party $43,300
BA/BS 2 party white family
$106,600
BA/BS Afro-American 2 party family
$82,300
Why Afro-Americans with a college degree don't earn as much...

African-Americans Most Likely to Attend Low-Quality Colleges | Money | TIME.com

And that harkens back to the 12th grade public school proficiency ratings by racial/ethnic demographic info I posted.

Our country's public education status quo sure as hell isn't working.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:56 PM

800 posts, read 508,600 times
How convenient that Asian families are left out of the chart. They were left out because it doesn't flow with the whole leftist narrative of "white privilege" and whites oppressing minorities.

A controversial but cold hard truth, is that while there ARE some dimwitted high earners and many intelligent low income people...income does overall have a correlation with IQ, probably more so than educational attainment. The races on average have different average IQs. With Jews and East Asians at the top with IQs of 105+. Whites at 100(with a wider bell curve larger standard deviation, with more geniuses but also their share of low intellegence), hispanics 90, African Americans 85. Some of IQ is early childhood nutrition and cultural upbringing, but simple genetics is the largest factor. There are certainly brilliant AND dumb people of every race, but there is a bell curve and average. Doesnt mean smart =better necessarily, its just another genetic difference like all the others.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
yup, shows that institutional racism, well- it does really still exist.

Despite what all the naysayers would have you believe on this forum with all their mockery and ridicule of SJW-ers...
Ridiculous claims like this are the reason SJWs are mocked and ridiculed.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What's the solution?

Should the salaries of low paying jobs increased twice as much and keep the blacks and Hispanics on their current jobs -OR- bring more blacks and Hispanics to high paying administrative jobs regardless of whatever qualifications they have - OR - leave it as it - which may not be a perfect but to a great extent, it's open to all - YOU EXCEL in academics, develop technical and/or administrative skills, work towards building a career and try for high paying jobs regardless of your skin color?

Put Asians in that graph and see what I am talking about?
Middle class blacks also save and invest much less than others with similar incomes so boosting the incomes of poor blacks won't necessarily change this situation much. The only way to increase the wealth of black families is to get them into a more future-oriented outlook so that they'll stop spending all of their paychecks. There was an attempt to do this by increasing home ownership in the early 2000s but we know how that turned out. There are no easy solutions to this.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why Afro-Americans with a college degree don't earn as much...

African-Americans Most Likely to Attend Low-Quality Colleges | Money | TIME.com

And that harkens back to the 12th grade public school proficiency ratings by racial/ethnic demographic info I posted.

Our country's public education status quo sure as hell isn't working.
African American who go to Harvard University the greatest University in the World have a lower average salary than White Caucasian Harvard University graduates. You can actually go to the greatest University in the World and still come up with a lower average salary than your typical Asian or white American.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
...lower average salary than White Caucasian Harvard University graduates.
... lower average salary than your typical Asian or white American.
Do you understand that these are two different things?

Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
yup, shows that institutional racism, well- it does really still exist.

Despite what all the naysayers would have you believe on this forum with all their mockery and ridicule of SJW-ers...

(or maybe its like that guy on the radio was saying yesterday- that he is ok with white privilege, and wants his kids to have it too-
at least he's being honest)...
Why would I want my kids to be as poor as black and hispanics? Seriously, SJW's, if you don't give all of your wealth to poor blacks and hispanics, you are complete hypocrites. Y

My white privilege was obtained from my Father who taught me to join the military and put your life on the line, study and get advanced degrees, work more than everyone else, don't overspend, invest wisely, put your kids in the best schools you can and teach them to work, love your family and country.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How can anyone have any respect at all for public education, given the results? Even the highest scoring racial/ethnic demographic doesn't even break a 50% proficiency rate.

And Blacks? Only 7% of all 12th grade Blacks are proficient in Math, and 16% in Reading? And anyone wonders why there's such extreme income and wealth gaps?

Come on... /SMH
your info graph is based on 11 states, and i dont see anything that states only Public schools were tested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies