Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Well, this is one of the HOA rules I kind of agree with, giving the fact that SOME folks can be pretty darn crazy about their political beliefs. You'll never know what you are going to get by displaying ANY political flags. Why making yourself a target?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 05:59 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Simply a matter of HOA rules. There are all sorts of flags. They annoy all sorts of people. So some HOAs have a rule the only flag you can fly is the American one.

Maybe she can get agreement. But if not don't live in an HOA.

I would not find such a flag a friendly non partisan thing. I would, correctly or incorrectly, presume particular political beliefs were being put forth.
More like control freaks with too much time on their hands ... Yea facts. You will be fined if the find weeds on your yard

Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Did anyone actually 'read' the article?

Quote:
A Florida homeowner was ordered to remove a “Blue Lives Matter” flag she has displayed for years to honor her father and other police officers ...
btw: She was also told if she requested permission to fly the flag in writing, it could be granted.

She did, but it was denied.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Did anyone actually 'read' the article?

btw: She was also told if she requested permission to fly the flag in writing, it could be granted.

She did, but it was denied.
Yes I read the article. I live in Florida. This is standard fare in hoas. There is no controversy. Some hoas won't let you put a garage sale sign up. I live here. I know. This is sensationalism its at best.

In fla you live in an hoa or not. Your choice. Pros and cons for both. Agreeing to live in an hoa is agreeing to live in a micro governing body. Most hoas want to avoid discord and disallow signage. This is a nonstory.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes I read the article. I live in Florida. This is standard fare in hoas. There is no controversy. Some hoas won't let you put a garage sale sign up. I live here. I know. This is sensationalism its at best.

In fla you live in an hoa or not. Your choice. Pros and cons for both. Agreeing to live in an hoa is agreeing to live in a micro governing body. Most hoas want to avoid discord and disallow signage. This is a nonstory.
Glad some of us can fly our flags and plant our flowers without feeling like we committed a capital crime. HOA's go way overboard... Like living in a communist country. I feel sorry for the lady and I'd sell and move the h out of there. Sellers market, get out fast! You got enemies now.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Glad some of us can fly our flags and plant our flowers without feeling like we committed a capital crime. HOA's go way overboard... Like living in a communist country. I feel sorry for the lady and I'd sell and move the h out of there. Sellers market, get out fast! You got enemies now.
Tiny trump. I love your posts but I am not anti-hoa. There are good ones and bad ones. I have lived in non-hoa, deed restricted and hoa. Read the rules and decide whether you can abide by them. As you know Florida can be the Wild West with legal unsupervised back yard gun ranges and such.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'm no fan of HOAs, but rules is rules.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm no fan of HOAs, but rules is rules.
Simple as that. And most hoas frown upon signage. And that is what this is about.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Tiny trump. I love your posts but I am not anti-hoa. There are good ones and bad ones. I have lived in non-hoa, deed restricted and hoa. Read the rules and decide whether you can abide by them. As you know Florida can be the Wild West with legal unsupervised back yard gun ranges and such.
I agree some are not too bad, but what happens is the board changes. Then you get some very nasty folks in there who come to crack the whip. As you expressed, your ok with them so far... the lady always flew her flag, then the nut next door complians, so she now asks permission--- for what? I am a native, rented in 2 HOA's never again. I live in a nice neighborhood, and free of those looking down their noses. To each his own.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I agree some are not too bad, but what happens is the board changes. Then you get some very nasty folks in there who come to crack the whip. As you expressed, your ok with them so far... the lady always flew her flag, then the nut next door complians, so she now asks permission--- for what? I am a native, rented in 2 HOA's never again. I live in a nice neighborhood, and free of those looking down their noses. To each his own.
Agreed. I understand the risk of hoa boards changing over time. I also understand the lack of basic zoning laws in Florida that allows people to do some bat caprazy stuff. It's a gamble either way. I am sure you are well aware of the ridiculous Florida rules on back yard gun ranges. No oversight and the best that did was say you needed one acre. No rules on berm construction. So we get the case where a yahoo in Sarasota puts up a target on a picket fence. Completely legal and someone is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies