Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 12:31 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Excuses and BS. Mozilo's own employee's were lined up and waiting to testify against him. They didn't even try.

The (D)'s were too afraid of losing Wall Streets money so they did nothing. In one of the greatest political ironies ever, all the money could not save them from this stabbing of the people in the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK How would he do this? He was never given the chance to do so. Remember the Republicans voters and politicians were fighting it since Day 1. This was even before the "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor," comment to help bully pulpit the law through. The Republicans won the House for 2011 and kept it from then until Obama's last day. How would Obama be able to "fix it" with people who are NOT willing to work at all and block any Senate bill that would have come in over the next four years? Forget about trying to fix in Obama's last two years, the Republicans owned the Senate as well.
The comment was concerning Trump but it never should have been presented broken to start with and it was.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:34 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
He tells Scott Pelley "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not."

What Trump describes as his plan back on 9/25/2015 is not even remotely close to the the bill that was given up on last Friday.

Scott Pelley: What's your plan for Obamacare?

Donald Trump: Obamacare's going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what's going on with premiums where they're up 45, 50, 55 percent.

Scott Pelley: How do you fix it?

Donald Trump: There's many different ways, by the way. Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, "No, no, the lower 25 percent that can't afford private." But--

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They're going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably--

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: --the government's gonna pay for it. But we're going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it's going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.
He could have saved so much of his breath if he had just answered truthfully:

"Scott, I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no plan. I never had a plan. In fact, the thought of even reading a plan, much less actually doing the hard work to formulate one myself, just bores me to tears. I actually plan on just endorsing whatever piece of crap the Republicans come up with. I don't care if it drops millions of people from coverage, I don't care if it costs tens of thousands of of lives. Hell, I don't even plan to read it, just push it through for a "win" for my administration. Then I'll probably go golfing."

That would have been an honest answer.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Excuses and BS. Mozilo's own employee's were lined up and waiting to testify against him. They didn't even try.
Hey, you asked for an explanation and I gave it to you. I never said you'd like it - or even that I'd like it (the author didn't like it either) but that's the way it is - rich folks get off easy (no matter who is in charge). Now however you have your answer as to WHY there were virtually no punishment for the bankers. It sucks I know.

Ken

Old 03-26-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Hey, you asked for an explanation and I gave it to you. I never said you'd like it - or even that I'd like it (the author didn't like it either) but that's the way it is - rich folks get off easy (no matter who is in charge). Now however you have your answer as to WHY there were virtually no punishment for the bankers. It sucks I know.

Ken
Bush/Obama. Both bought with the same coin.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:42 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bush/Obama. Both bought with the same coin.
You forgot to list every other President and Congressman/Congresswoman in U.S. history. Money gives you access. Access gives you influence. That's just a fact of life.

Ken

Old 03-26-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You forgot to list every other President and Congressman/Congresswoman in U.S. history. Money gives you access. Access gives you influence. That's just a fact of life.

Ken
Most of them. It's only a fact because we refuse to hold them accountable until this last election

Old 03-26-2017, 12:54 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Trump on the campaign trail: "I will repeal and replace Obamacare day 1." That was arguably his biggest campaign promise.

64 days later, his healthcare plan fails and he's done with it altogether.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:57 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the cult cheers.

Because no matter how badly this president fails, the cult will cheer.
Pretty much, unfortunately.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nobody knows if Mexico will or won't pay for the wall as of yet so that argument is moot. As for his travel bans? Well, I guess if one judge shops in the most liberal places one might just find a judge or two that will disagree with the leader of the other party. Legislation from the bench seems to be the "in" thing nowadays.
Let's see what the more conservative appeals court says or, if it goes that far what SCOTUS has to say. So again, the argument is moot at this point as he's not "lost" anything yet with respect to this.
Third, healthcare. Like I asked before, please show where he said "my or I" when referencing the healthcare plan. I don't disagree there were mistakes made they just weren't all on him.

China, well, it's only been 65 days and he's been a bit busy. He may get there and after meeting with departments and finding out information he didn't have access to prior to sitting in the big chair he may find out he really shouldn't do that. Would you prefer he just ran off and did it without knowing the unintended consequences? THEN what would you say?

First people scream "he's going toooooo fast" and now it's flipped to "he's not doing what he said" fast enough. How's about making up your mind?

Should we list all of the LIES Obama and past presidents have told to the public, would that make you feel better?
Actually, Mexico said they would not pay for it. And y'know what? Donnie can't make 'em!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies