Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:29 PM

624 posts, read 370,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
and generally despised...extremely right wing.
I know very little about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
I have never been to Scotland, Germany, London and France or Yemen. I have friends from there we rarely get into politics. But my friends are very thoughtful. My question is what makes them so oblivious to not see what's happening to their homeland? Islam is spreading.
What choice did we have between Hillary and Trump?
People I know in England generally do not like Muslims. Too many were admitted due to the old immigration rules with the government not paying attention to the voters. There has been a lot of strife. Muslems used to want to be able to wear those black things over their heads with slits for the eyes. They can still wear them but at least wearing them to school was banned. Teachers couldn't even tell who they were!

The people in England are not oblivious at all. One problem was that most of the Muslems ended up in poorer northen cities not in prosperous London. Out of sight, out of mind.

Personally, I'm not that fond of their religion or their treatment of women.

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-24-2017 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 09:38 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
Quote:
Went to lunch today with a few friends, the new girl from our class joined us. She is going back home to London for the summer because of her job. She excited about seeing her family. I asked her does she like it here better London she said yes and she told us it's because their is more crime there and the gangs control the streets and so i interjected saying " you mean bad politicians?" She thought about that and agreed.

She was telling us the government shouldn't just take 1 person and stick in a category for everybody.

I understand when liberals say that. It's like saying fat people are rude. Well not all fat people are rude. But when it comes to not defeating the enemy you just put blinders on over time 10 years from now you change the demographic.

I have another friend from France says she just can't go back to France it's completely different now.
Can you go away for a while, rewrite this, and post it again later, so it makes sense?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 PM

624 posts, read 370,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Can you go away for a while, rewrite this, and post it again later, so it makes sense?
Otišao na ručak danas s nekoliko prijatelja, nova djevojka iz našeg razreda pridružili su nam se. Ona se vraća kući u London za ljeto, zbog svog posla. Ona je uzbuđena gledajući svoju obitelj. pitao sam je kako se ona sviđa mi se ovdje bolje London je pristala i rekla nam je da je jer ne postoji više kriminala tamo i bande kontrolirati ulice i tako ja ubacio govoreći: "misliš loše političare?" Pomislila je da je i dogovoreno.
Ona je bila nam govori kako vlada ne bi smjela uzeti 1 osobu i staviti u kategoriju za sve.
Razumijem kad liberali kažu da je. To je kao što je rekao debeli ljudi su bezobrazni. Pa nisu svi debeli ljudi su bezobrazni. No, kada je u pitanju ne porazi neprijatelja koji ste upravo stavili povez preko očiju na više vremena od 10 godina od sada promijenite demografske.Imam još jedan prijatelj iz Francuske kaže da jednostavno ne mogu se vratiti u Francusku to je potpuno drugačija.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Croatia
I do not know if Croatia is Muslim or not? I'm presuming not from your postings. My Hungarian friend who is from Romania says that whole area is white people hating other white people. I understand that is a very surface answer but how deep does it really go? It sounds more tribal than anything else. I don't think you can compare the troubles that occurred after the fall of the Soviet Union in Yugoslavia in the 1990's to what is occurring in the USA now.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:06 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Turns out English is not his first language so we need to give him some slack.

Also, after having read more of his posts, it looks like his question, although confusing to us, was probably sincere, not a trollish post as it appeared to be.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:44 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Went to lunch today with a few friends, the new girl from our class joined us. She is going back home to London for the summer because of her job. She excited about seeing her family. I asked her does she like it here better London she said yes and she told us it's because their is more crime there and the gangs control the streets and so i interjected saying " you mean bad politicians?" She thought about that and agreed.

She was telling us the government shouldn't just take 1 person and stick in a category for everybody.

I understand when liberals say that. It's like saying fat people are rude. Well not all fat people are rude. But when it comes to not defeating the enemy you just put blinders on over time 10 years from now you change the demographic.

I have another friend from France says she just can't go back to France it's completely different now.
London and Paris are sort of like NYC or LA, centers of media power but they vote very differently from the majority of their country, being media centers certainly is a powerful way to influence what the nation sees, it just builds resentment though.

London did not vote for brexit by a huge margin but it happened anyway, The National Front was a fringe party in France the 1980s in single digits, now marine le pen has 25-30% support which is incredible whether she wins or loses. Thats true with far right parties all over Europe, they were fringe parties but not anymore

America is not as "diverse" politically or racially or in any way like NYC or LA, most of England is not as liberal and multicultural as London and France is not as liberal and multicultural as Paris

Last edited by floridanative10; 03-24-2017 at 12:52 AM..

Old 03-24-2017, 04:23 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 12 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:

You can't base the entire population of London on one persons views.

As for London, it has no more gangs than other cities of it's size and crime the city is overall quite safe compared to many parts of the world.

There were 104 Homicides in London in the last 12 months and 12 shootings, which is not bad for a city of 8.7 million.

Latest Crime Figures for London - Metropolitan Police

Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,035 times
I don't know if they are liberals or conservatives.

I know London is very diverse, so I would assume it's a huge mix.

The mayor of London is very wrong when he says London is a safe city with everyone "peacefully getting along". There have been many terrorist plots in London, over many years that have been (thankfully) stopped before they went anywhere, but it's still a hotbed for terrorism. I wonder how many people feel about having a mayor with no real cultural ties to the United Kingdom.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:44 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Hence why you know nothing about London.
Except that they have a Muslim mayor that accepts terrorism, rids city of sexy women billboards and just suffered a terror attack or was that fake news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies