Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 08:10 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Tiny, I ain't no spring chicken, lived in NYC when he accomplished so many "impossible" real estate projects almost everyone said he couldn't, and have no "faith". My belief, or experience if you will, in Trump is based on hard facts of past results.
I'm a NYC native and spent 30+ years in New York. I remember just as many (and probably more) failures than successes. He's never stuck me as a particularly intelligent businessman, but more as a gambler who takes all the credit for the wins and throws everyone else (business partners, vendors, creditors, customers) under the bus for the losses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 08:11 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump was a liar and know-nothing before election and remained a liar and know-nothing after his election as evidenced by his outrageous and slanderous tweets and his astonishingly stupid comment "who knew health care could be this hard" or "health care is really complicated."

Ya' think??? Well, duhhhh.......

Further exacerbated by his complete ignorance of the problems with the Freedom Caucus. Boehner couldn't corral them, and Ryan can't either.

That Trump didn't know either of these two very basic things - which anyone who pays attention to politics should know - tells us everything about how inept, uninformed, unfit, and unqualified for this job he is.

Which then leads us to he had NO PLAN. He didn't understand health care, hadn't thought about it, wasn't aware that Paul Ryan had been bragging about the "bazooka in his pocket" he'd been carrying around for years in the hope of a GOP controlled govt - tells you how really dangerous and ignorant Trump is.

This will happen again - on issue, after issue, after issue. Because he believes in nothing except the broad strokes - and has never bothered to inform himself on the wonky nitty gritty - of the policy and the players.

Trump will be a failure.

Meanwhile, as long as people continue to believe this pivot to taxes is a positive, my already healthy IRA (thanks, President Obama, for saving us from the abyss) is growing nicely, albeit temporarily. However, my finger is on the trigger. Because, he will keep lying to himself and to the American people and bumbling along being led around by others - until one day most will wake up to the fact that he is a fraud.

And then the bubble will burst. Unless, of course, the Russian investigation brings him down first.
Or the Narcissist has a meltdown!
Let's not forget this is also a Dunce who bragged that he has never read a book from beginning to end, no kidding, dumb-ass, and it shows! He probably has no reading comprehension. That would explain why he refuses to read the daily briefing and has it explained to him! He also had a ghost-writer write his books!

Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'd give Bill Gates or Warren Buffet or even Mark Cuban (who I don't particularly like that much but he says some things I can identify with).

Now you're talking successful there! (except I don't know Mark Cuban)

Old 03-24-2017, 08:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
But, the alternative was Hillary, so....

Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Or the Narcissist has a meltdown!
Let's not forget this is also a Dunce who bragged that he has never read a book from beginning to end, no kidding, dumb-ass, and it shows! He probably has no reading comprehension. That would explain why he refuses to read the daily briefing and has it explained to him! He also had a ghost-writer write his books!
I think this is correct. Some say he is either dyslexic or has ADD.

Laurence O'Donnell tonight is killing it. Quoting from a new article from Ryan Lizza reporting that R's who met with him at WH were astounded at his ignorance and INABILITY to understand the issues. This list is too long to enumerate here. Can't find the article online, yet.

Right now two others very eloquently describing the ineptness and ignorance of this fool.

He is, indeed, a DUNCE.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:27 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So you'd rather have a dunce who will be led around by the nose, than a really smart, policy wonk who KNOWS how Washington - and the world - works??

And don't cite corruption. We have yet to plumb the depths of The Donald's corruption. It is vast, longstanding, and deep - and will probably get him impeached.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Having a CEO running the country doesn't work

Yeah...

Well...

The thing is, tRump was never a real CEO, accountable to a board of directors and stockholders.

His company is privately owned. He's never been accountable to anyone.

Until January 20th.

Now he hates his new job.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And she was and still is a better option as scary as that may sound.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:37 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Trump has never BEEN a CEO. Not once in his business career was he ever subject to a board of directors or other people who have had a say in operations. Hence why being president has been a disaster, he's never had to work with people in any manner other than being the boss.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:39 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Tiny, I ain't no spring chicken, lived in NYC when he accomplished so many "impossible" real estate projects almost everyone said he couldn't, and have no "faith". My belief, or experience if you will, in Trump is based on hard facts of past results.
Out of the few mega-rich districts in Manhattan that always vote Republican, Trump lost all of them by a landslide. He lost in his own city and was voted down by the people most familiar with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies