Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:21 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

well he definitely know NOTHING regarding the health care bill that went up in flames- as i said before, he does not like government- and he really is NOT there to serve the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 07:48 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The Republicans need to work with the Democrats whether they like it or not. Nothing is going to come from letting one man try to craft a bill that will hurt so many people. I would think after 7 years the Republicans would have had enough time to craft something. After all the speeches crying repeal and replace. It shows how ineffective the Republicans are by themselves. They need a bipartisan solution...
I disagree. I think people should get a good taste of what Republicans are all about.

GOP spins tales about trickle-down economics and fiscal responsibility and how if only they were in charge things would be running like a well-oiled machine.

Well, here we are folks -- Republican President, House, and Senate. Go for it.

Let's see what you got.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:02 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I disagree. I think people should get a good taste of what Republicans are all about.

GOP spins tales about trickle-down economics and fiscal responsibility and how if only they were in charge things would be running like a well-oiled machine.

Well, here we are folks -- Republican President, House, and Senate. Go for it.

Let's see what you got.
I agree with this as well. Republicans finally have their majorities in both Houses of Congress and hold the White House. Let's let the country see what their true vision for America is.

We've seen the budget, which is a massive giveaway to the defense contractors at the expense of seniors and educational television and low income Americans.

We've gotten a good look at what they consider a good healthcare plan, one that drops 24 million people from coverage, eliminates basic healthcare services and does absolutely nothing to lower costs or provide access for uncovered Americans.

Now on to their "tax reform" which will undoubtedly consist of nothing more than giving huge cuts for the top one percent, which they will achieve by gutting the social safety net.

Let's let Americans see who the Republicans really are. Maybe when the pain starts to hit middle America they will finally get it and throw these anti-Americans out of office. We can hope...

Moderate Republicans need to step up and take back their party. Or leave it and form one of their own. It's really in their hands now.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your entire premise is wrong. Odd how we can still be continuing to kill people in a war Obama "ended".
Bush claimed it first. That is the premise. You fail to address that and instead direct hatred to Obama. You are biased. I'll leave this clip here...
https://youtu.be/P5iqYuFmzqg

Old 03-26-2017, 11:27 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Bush claimed it first. That is the premise. You fail to address that and instead direct hatred to Obama. You are biased. I'll leave this clip here...
https://youtu.be/P5iqYuFmzqg
Bush was a complete and total failure in everything he did. That doesn't excuse Obama's failures.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Great video of why Trump is a horrible choice to run the country:

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedia...0159380676698/
We're 60-something days in, so we can't know how this turns out. I think you might get tired of declaring victory after every little event (most trivial) for another 4 years. Those who think like you will pile on with their childish "see, see, see" and "I told you!," those who don't will counter with equally idiotic "evidence" to support their narrow views - and no one will be moved an inch. But knock yourself out!

It would be nice to discuss what actually changes, what laws are enacted - instead of hyperbole over every utterance and action. But I'm not holding my breath here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies