Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 04:47 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,299,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Once NAFTA is renegotiated and once the wall reduces illegal immigration, more Americans will be working and receiving insurance in that manner.
They got replaced by automation. Those jobs aren't coming back.
I don't think many vegetable pickers get insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 04:51 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,718,513 times
Quote:
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.
Please, provide something that backs up your allegation that trump reached out to liberals. Wait - let me clarify that - provide something not directly from trump that shows he did so.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,925,835 times
Quote:
The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits.
So glad you felt the need to insult Trump's working class base there. Classy!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:01 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,514,966 times
OP is an example why and how Trump won Reaching out to liberal, really

Trump clearly failed here simply because he had no idea what he's doing or promised but they'd rather believe he failed because he tried to reach out to liberals who did not return the favor

Last edited by alpha_1976; 03-25-2017 at 05:12 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 05:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,618,515 times
Quote:
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.
There are lots of people who work for small employers who offer no health insurance at all, and many, many more who work for companies whose "health plans" are either so expensive, so inadequate, or both, that they are essentially worthless. Perhaps you are fortunate enough to have no friends or family members in that position. How nice for you.

As for young people being able to stay on their parents' plans, 26 is about long enough for someone to get an advanced degree. The doctors, lawyers, architects, engineers, and scientists of tomorrow are already going to be saddled with debt, why not give them a break on the health care front?

You didn't do it in this post, but I saw you comment elsewhere in this thread that we should also do away with protection for people with pre-existing conditions. Again, I guess no one in your immediate circle has ever had an illness that would prevent their getting insurance on their own. Again, how nice for you.

If Trump has ever reached out to liberals, I would like to see the evidence. He did, indeed, win with his base...and promptly turned around and reamed them out with a hoe handle. Do you have any idea how many blue collar folks in Trump country would be hurt if the ACA were repealed without something to replace it? They didn't like Hillary, but they trusted Trump when he said he had a wonderful health plan that would take care of everyone, and he didn't even try. If he doesn't manage to correct this betrayal, I have a feeling in a few years they are going to cough him up like a big, orange hairball.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:23 AM

51,697 posts, read 25,989,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I nominate this post as the biggest pile of crap of the month. And there's been plenty of competition here. Trump is fast approaching the point when he will have to reach out for any support he can get. Any worry on his part of alienating the hard-right element is pointless, as they have no power, except when they merge with other republicans. He's finished for being able to change healthcare, except that his cabinet members may try to further sabotage the ACA, by denying funding and tightening regulations as much as they can, to weaken it.

How are all those hard-working, but low-paid Trump voters who have nothing but the ACA, going to feel, about being called self-entitled freeloaders and leeches?
The "low-paid Trump voters who have nothing but the ACA" do not see themselves as the freeloaders and leeches. They have run upon hard times through no fault of their own --environmental regulations, bad back, damn liberals, you name it.

Freeloaders and leaches do not see themselves as such. Others, yes. But not rarely themselves.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:27 AM

628 posts, read 697,351 times
Red face Ivorytickler;47627733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Agreed. I would have voted for anyone else but Trump or Hillary on either side but I had to make a choice between these two. I still think Trump will do less harm.

Keep dreaming!
tRUMP, does not have a one clue on how to run a Country....
Stop thinking that tRUMP will do less harm.

Last edited by MegaJoy; 03-25-2017 at 05:36 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 05:43 AM

628 posts, read 697,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The "low-paid Trump voters who have nothing but the ACA" do not see themselves as the freeloaders and leeches. They have run upon hard times through no fault of their own --environmental regulations, bad back, damn liberals, you name it.

Freeloaders and leaches do not see themselves as such. Others, yes. But not rarely themselves.

I-couldn't-have-said-it-better-myself!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:50 AM

51,697 posts, read 25,989,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Please, provide something that backs up your allegation that trump reached out to liberals. Wait - let me clarify that - provide something not directly from trump that shows he did so.
I'd appreciate that as well.

Trump's Executive Orders, were an obvious "up yours" and meant as such. While Trump carefully signed giant proclamations, conservatives were dancing around like Rumplestilskins in gleefully anticipation of reversing everything Obama did.

The unconstitutional travel bans? These are examples of reaching out to liberals?

Trumpcare - 24 million lose their health insurance. Those doing well enough to have health insurance will get tax breaks, however their coverage won't necessarily include hospitalization.

If Trump wants to reach out, then push UHC. That would get those liberals on board.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:57 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,026,660 times
Quote:
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along.
That's nice. But you don't comprise all Americans, and millions of Americans don't live in the tidy cocoon of the already insured that you do.

Quote:
The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.
Are you aware that people have to pay for Obamacare? Apparently you aren't. Even people who didn't sign up had to pay for it in the form of a mandate, which subsidized those on the plan.

Quote:

He didn't reach out to the liberals at all on health care. Trumpcare failed because the bill was so terrible not even Republicans supported it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies