Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:53 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times

Advertisements

According to House Republicans who met with Trump to discuss AHCA......
He didn't answer their specific questions about the bill, according to three members of Congress who attended the meetings. He didn't offer any arguments for why they should support the legislation other than to give him his first legislative victory.

Trump repeatedly focused instead on the politics of the broader situation, the people said. In the Oval Office, he quizzed the Republicans about the margin of victory in their districts last fall. His victory, not theirs.

"He did very little to say why we should vote 'yes,' " one Republican member of Congress said, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid alienating the White House. "He kept talking about his damn election."
Trump couldn't answer question about his own piece of legislation! No wonder he couldn't sway anyone to his side.

For Trump, no closing this deal - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 11:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
He didn't answer their specific questions about the bill, according to three members of Congress who attended the meetings. He didn't offer any arguments for why they should support the legislation other than to give him his first legislative victory.

Trump repeatedly focused instead on the politics of the broader situation, the people said. In the Oval Office, he quizzed the Republicans about the margin of victory in their districts last fall. His victory, not theirs.

"He did very little to say why we should vote 'yes,' " one Republican member of Congress said, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid alienating the White House. "He kept talking about his damn election."
Trump couldn't answer question about his own piece of legislation! No wonder he couldn't sway anyone to his side.

For Trump, no closing this deal - CNNPolitics.com
ME!!! ME!!! ME!!! This is all about ME!!! ME!!! ME!!! I don't give a crap about healthcare, this is going to look bad for ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!

That is Trump's level of concern for his country in a nutshell.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:57 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Pelosi, Reid, and the rest of the Dems passed ACA without bothering to read what was in it.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
So now the standard is to read a bill before voting on it? If only liberals had that level of responsibility in 2010. I suppose you actually think Obama knew every line item in the 3,000 pages of Obamacare plus 20,000 pages of associated regulations.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Big surprise. When will people get it? He is a salesman. That's it. He never offered substance during the campaign and would say anything for a vote.

Why would anyone think he would know what was in the bill? He can't focus on anything besides himself for more than 10 seconds. He has ADD and everyone who has worked with him knows this. I don't know how long this charade has to play out before he's gone.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:09 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
In the Oval Office, he quizzed the Republicans about the margin of victory in their districts last fall. His victory, not theirs.

It seems that Trump considers the election 'mission accomplished' and considers it 'game over, I won'. It's like his only job was to win and now that's over and he can act like king and be adored.

He doesn't realize that winning is the start of the hard work of being president . Instead, he looks at it like winning is the END of the hard work and now he can do whatever he wishes without consequences, and without hard work, because he won.

Last edited by sware2cod; 03-25-2017 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Of course Trump knew. And the things he and Ryan were willing to add to that bill yesterday to get it passed are unbelievable.

The road to ‘meaningless coverage’?

In a last-minute bid to get their health care bill passed, House Republicans are considering killing federal regulations that require insurers to cover basic health services, such as maternity care, prescription drugs, and mental health services, in plans offered to consumers.

Republicans may cut ‘essential health benefits’ to pass Trumpcare | FOX2now.com

They were willing to gut coverage in order to "just get a win" and they would have furiously sold it as making it better. Putting the GOP in charge of health coverage is such a joke.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:15 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Of course Trump knew. And the things he and Ryan were willing to add to that bill yesterday to get it passed are unbelievable.

The road to ‘meaningless coverage’?

In a last-minute bid to get their health care bill passed, House Republicans are considering killing federal regulations that require insurers to cover basic health services, such as maternity care, prescription drugs, and mental health services, in plans offered to consumers.

Republicans may cut ‘essential health benefits’ to pass Trumpcare | FOX2now.com

They were willing to gut coverage in order to "just get a win" and they would have furiously sold it as making it better. Putting the GOP in charge of health coverage is such a joke.
For those of us who are depending on the ACA, it's not a joke, it's an atrocity. And what you have outlined above is exactly the reason why.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
In contrast Obama did not have a clue on Obama Care and even the Leadership of Polse and Reid did not know what was in the bill. The current bill is back for refining. I would like to see that over than just passing a bill.

This was the Dems demise to admit there is problem. Look where we are at. Over budget, providers opting out and 32 million people whom cannot even use their health insurance.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
For those of us who are depending on the ACA, it's not a joke, it's an atrocity. And what you have outlined above is exactly the reason why.
Are you on medicaid or a subsidized insurance plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
In contrast Obama did not have a clue on Obama Care and even the Leadership of Polse and Reid did not know what was in the bill. The current bill is back for refining. I would like to see that over than just passing a bill.

This was the Dems demise to admit there is problem. Look where we are at. Over budget, providers opting out and 32 million people whom cannot even use their health insurance.
What JAMS and others are doing their best to ignore or simply fail to understand is that the ACA will implode on its own within 4 years. A good analogy is a farmer kills all of his cows so he has plenty of meat for one winter... only to starve the next. If nothing is done about it, by the left and right, there will be no ACA very soon.

The Dems never planned for the ACA to be a success, this is why they had no need to read it before passing it. They intended it to be a failure so they could swoop in and fix the problems (they created) with a single payer solution. It was another end-around, which is what Obama loved to do.

This another thing that is concerning. The left spent 8 years blaming GWB and the right for everything including Obama's failures. Now, they blame Trump and the right for ACA, when the Dems locked the Pubs out when passing it. Remember Obama saying "they have to sit in the back of the bus"

How about the liberals in here come to terms with some of the crap Obama and the Dems foisted on us. Bash those in your own party that deserve it rather than, drawing your silly little partisan lines, blaming just the right for EVERYTHING.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-25-2017 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies