Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 02:01 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
with the net, ISIS spreads globally. So your point is not relevant.
Assuming you're correct, how does killing women and children on the other side of the planet address this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There doesn't seem to be any credible evidence to back up this claim. In fact this is some very shoddy journalism. I would expect such reporting from CNN, but FOX generally does a little better.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

That explains your posts.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:18 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Assuming you're correct, how does killing women and children on the other side of the planet address this?
Killing the targets addresses it, but like any airstrike, collateral damage happens.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Collateral damage..minimal.

Big so what.
Does that theory work only when it's swarthy skinned people being killed?
Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any credible evidence to back up this claim. In fact this is some very shoddy journalism. I would expect such reporting from CNN, but FOX generally does a little better.
You've gotta be kidding me!
Quote:
True or not, I hardly expect no collateral damage in eradicating the 21st century NAZI-like ISIS. But it must be done.
By whom? And if you say the US, why? ISIS is over there. Not here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They kill a handful, let's start a war. We kill hundreds, so what.

It's really difficult to take the war mongers seriously any longer. It's too bad that the repercussions of doing that is so much death, destruction and waste.

I'm generalizing here as it's not something you can blanket all on but it seems so many that argue we need to waste trillions killing people that did nothing to us also argue we can't afford to help those who need medical treatment here.

It's obvious where their loyalty lies.
You said it far better than I ever could.
Quote:
Killing the targets addresses it, but like any airstrike, collateral damage happens.
What target? For all you know, they didn't manage to kill a single member of ISIS.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Oh, we are at war? I practically forgot over the last 8 years. I hope the report is false. Poor Iraq.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:40 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

You've gotta be kidding me!
No, I'm not kidding. The article was poorly written, and completely lacked any credible evidence, I would have sworn it was written by CNN, WaPo, or the NYT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Oh, we are at war? I practically forgot over the last 8 years. I hope the report is false. Poor Iraq.
There seems to be a lack of reporting by msm about all the deaths caused the Obama administration.

It's kind of like how all the anti-war protests stopped as soon as Obama get into office.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
No, I'm not kidding. The article was poorly written, and completely lacked any credible evidence, I would have sworn it was written by CNN, WaPo, or the NYT.

There seems to be a lack of reporting by msm about all the deaths caused the Obama administration.

It's kind of like how all the anti-war protests stopped as soon as Obama get into office.
There's nothing wrong with the story. You just don't want these things brought to light.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:41 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
100 fewer potential terrorists.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Isis and Al Qaeda surrounds themselves with sympathetic "civilians" to kill civilians everywhere else, ISIS and Al Qaeda are all scum and need to be decimated. Were people opposed to all the drone strikes by obama?

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ikes-than-bush

"There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush."

Old 03-26-2017, 12:40 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Great Britain, France, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Australia, Germany, the Netherlands, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Canada are all part of the "US led coallition" fighting ISIS, so why do you say "they are over there, not over here" when it could have been any one of these countries?

Fox News did not say who launched the air strike, they simply said "US led coallition".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies