Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 04:23 PM

33,833 posts, read 16,846,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We've been lobbing bombs for 17 years, when will we see the effectiveness of our air strikes?

Seems like we just keep making more "targets" ( terrorists) when we kill the innocent, destroy the population centers, depose governments, decimate economies, etc., with our "airstrikes".
And if anything, we are uniting people who might be at ideological odds with each other against us.
The facts all bear this out.
Time for a policy change, your way isn't working.
We likely are seeing it, with far fewer attacks than the EU. We likely killed thousands of jihadists via the wars.

Like WWII foes, we need to eliminate them, not try to sing Kumbaya with them. We need not care what they think. This comes down to might, just as our new weapons for Japan did 72 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 04:44 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They kill a handful, let's start a war. We kill hundreds, so what.

It's really difficult to take the war mongers seriously any longer. It's too bad that the repercussions of doing that is so much death, destruction and waste.

I'm generalizing here as it's not something you can blanket all on but it seems so many that argue we need to waste trillions killing people that did nothing to us also argue we can't afford to help those who need medical treatment here.

It's obvious where their loyalty lies.

I'm inclined to agree. I've no love lost on ISIS or the ME in general, but I don't see the need for the military commitment we have been placing there. From Lebanon in the 80s to Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria now it's been a colossal waste. If all that money could be pulled home and used to get our health care system working, we would have the best medical care in the world. And nobody would be left in need. That doesn't sound so bad to me.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,294,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm inclined to agree. I've no love lost on ISIS or the ME in general, but I don't see the need for the military commitment we have been placing there. From Lebanon in the 80s to Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria now it's been a colossal waste. If all that money could be pulled home and used to get our health care system working, we would have the best medical care in the world. And nobody would be left in need. That doesn't sound so bad to me.
Right back to putting the Shah in power in 1952. The Arab League begged the States to not go into Iraq or it would create instability. I am glad that Canada went with you to Afghanistan but refused to join in the war in Iraq. I am not sure if once causing this instability in the region that just stepping out and washing your hands of the problem you created is the right thing to do. To be honest I do not know what needs to be done but I don't think just abandoning the people there is the best thing to do. Nor is using this mess for political gain right. Everyone is a victim to the rah rah support that your country gave Bush to go into Iraq, you should all come together to solve the mess and leave the partisan squabbles for domestic disputes.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,769,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
We likely are seeing it, with far fewer attacks than the EU. We likely killed thousands of jihadists via the wars.

Like WWII foes, we need to eliminate them, not try to sing Kumbaya with them. We need not care what they think. This comes down to might, just as our new weapons for Japan did 72 years ago.
Japan attacked us first and they did it on our soil. So we defended ourselves.

No one in the Middle East came after us until we went after them. We attacked them first and on their soil. They are defending themselves.

Bring the troops home and defend our borders like the Constitution says.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:43 PM

33,833 posts, read 16,846,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Japan attacked us first and they did it on our soil. So we defended ourselves.

No one in the Middle East came after us until we went after them. .
1993 WTC bombing was before we went after them.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:06 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
1993 WTC bombing was before we went after them.
No it wasn't. We were traipsing around the Middle East long before that. Plus, we didn't get out of Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War. A huge mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies