Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:50 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times

Advertisements

Thats what happens when you for 40 years vote for anti-union stooges of big money. Strong unions are the best defense against oligarchy. Any society that moves in an ever more social darwinian direction with gutted unions, weaker labor protections, eroded minimum wage, skyrocketing health care and education costs, anti-worker trade deals and strong support for entrenched moneyed elites will see an ever increasing array of social problems and an ever growing class of desperate folks on the margins. Thats by design.

2,320 posts, read 1,869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Basically the life expectancy is coming closer to levels of other ethnic groups with large working-class populations. Low wages buy less health care, worse food options, worse environmental factors and, of course, higher levels of stress. The kind of things black and brown have always had to endure. It's kind of silly to look at this from a race and not class perspective.
This.

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Wow Me and all my senior friends should be dead by now! Are they gonna tax us or fine us.My neighbor turns 96 this year is that bad too. Get a hobby even if you have no life .

Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Considering the state of my hometown and lots of the people I went to school with... I'm qualified to make that statement.
As am I. Spent the majority of my life, and still do, around people who are Trump supporters. The blue collar white men around here are habitual smokers, the women are fat as hell (the rednecky ones for the most part), and both drink too much beer. And I'm not exaggerating either, it's a terrible situation

Old 03-25-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Wow Me and all my senior friends should be dead by now! Are they gonna tax us or fine us.My neighbor turns 96 this year is that bad too. Get a hobby even if you have no life .
You came from a different time. This topic, if I'm understanding the OP correctly, is talking about mainly Gen X and the early millennials from the early 1980s.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:54 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As am I. Spent the majority of my life, and still do, around people who are Trump supporters. The blue collar white men around here are habitual smokers, the women are fat as hell (the rednecky ones for the most part), and both drink too much beer. And I'm not exaggerating either, it's a terrible situation
It will not get better anytime soon.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It will not get better anytime soon.
No it won't. They lack impulse control too. It took me about 2 months to finally kick soda to the curb. I don't like the stuff anymore, and I refuse to order coke at any restaurant, and I don't buy coke for home anymore. If I want a drink with flavor, I'll squeeze some lemon juice into my water, from the fruit itself. I cook for myself at home now most of the time, right after work. They're getting fatter, I'm getting slimmer.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:05 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Cheap heroine. Doctors need to stop prescribing so much opioids.
Cheap herione?

What, you mean, like a hooker dressed up in a Wonder Woman costume?

I agree that lots of doctors are a little too fond of the prescription pad, but seriously, what about lousy jobs for lousy pay, unions shot to hell, and right-wing politicians who have convinced these folks that increasing the minimum wage is a bad idea, that health care for all is a nefarious commie plot, and that their oppressors are black and brown people with funny names, and not the fat cats who leave boot prints on their butts every day of their lives?

Old 03-25-2017, 09:06 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
And every time people on the left mock them, they drive them a little closer to Trump and those of similar ilk.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Where do you live?

In the part of Georgia where I live, I see some of this. I am familiar with those who drink alot of beer and are obese. Alot of smoking There is also a big redneck culture where I live. I can go 20 miles east, closer to Atlanta, and those things are very rare. More people that are fit, not as much beer drinking. Many of said persons are Trump supporters. Very few smokers, except among hipsters. Depends on what part of the state you go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies