Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times

Advertisements

The esiest way to solve the problem is to acuse foreings of your problems, in this case MExicans are the problem of an issue where no mexicans are seen in the whole report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYhC_OPwVU

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 03-25-2017 at 10:30 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 10:25 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
You're right about that. You're absolutely right.

Thing is that these Teabillies have become so hateful and dogmatic that they see *any* disagreement as ridicule. They see *any* alternate view as oppression. They see *any* political interest other than their own as tyranny.

You can't reason with these people. They will continue to marginalize themselves- and if they're lucky, their children will learn better
If you agree with Catgirl, then why....right after acknowledging that you agree....did you immediately ^^^^^ head into said mocking? What other reason could there be than a lack of caring about the issue Catgirl raises? Pot meet kettle.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Redneck,fat,drugaddicts.beer drinking,does not describe the majority of the people you are making fun of. Making fun of does not equate to disgussing. The insults are shameful so if you want to be part of that carry on.Wanna see a real flyover blue collar town look up mine on City- Data and see what you think.
How is responding with reasons that many working class whites are unhealthy making fun?

I have (white) coworkers who make fun of my snacks and lunch selections...roasted eggplant, baked tofu, quinoa arugula salad, fresh blackberries, jicama spears, etc. I'm not insulted by their lack of knowledge.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1M-nzrT998

Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
According to this, White, working class men...and women...with non-college background, are dying at a younger age:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BByCdsY?m=en-us

The chart(s) in the article say their data is regarding OVERDOSE, SUICIDE, and ALCOHOL-related deaths, ages 50-54, US white, non-Hispanic, data for (17) years 1998 to 2015.

High School degree or less:
Men up 130% to 196 per 100,000
Women up 381% to 115 per 100,000

4-yr degree or more:
Men up 44% to 47 per 100,000
Women up 70% to 26 per 100,000

They didn't include obesity, vehicle accidents, smoking, murder, cancer, gun-related, etc. Maybe those categories are remaining pretty steady, or may have been interesting as well, or they are 'improving', not sure why they picked the combo they did.

But both high school AND college educated are TRENDING UP --- so I'm not sure we can say education level is the cure-all answer.

And women are trending up faster!! Right? With women's *percent* NEARING TRIPLE men's (high school or less education) and closing in on DOUBLE men's (4-yr degree or more)!!!

My question would also be regarding the women's bigger increase percentage rates of overdose, suicide and alcohol-related.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And every time people on the left mock them, they drive them a little closer to Trump and those of similar ilk.
I grew up in rural Appalachia, I'm allowed to say these things. It's different when a local says it as opposed to a New Yorker. New Yorkers speak from ignorance, I speak from experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Where do you live?

In the part of Georgia where I live, I see some of this. I am familiar with those who drink alot of beer and are obese. Alot of smoking There is also a big redneck culture where I live. I can go 20 miles east, closer to Atlanta, and those things are very rare. More people that are fit, not as much beer drinking. Many of said persons are Trump supporters. Very few smokers, except among hipsters. Depends on what part of the state you go to.
I live in Pennsylvania. In the deep red part. Thankfully the redneck culture isn't so big up here, but it still exists. I can tell the difference between a redneck with the usual early 90s F150 versus the country boy who likes to go fishing. The guys with the Confederate flag on their pickup are trouble, the fishing guys aren't.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Meth and heroin for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Add to that they are having an obesity crisis and they indulge in excess alcohol intake and chain smoking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Wow. Stereotype much?
I'm afraid Turkey Head and the unbrainwashed are right: live PWT/hood rat; we're gonna die younger.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If you agree with Catgirl, then why....right after acknowledging that you agree....did you immediately ^^^^^ head into said mocking? What other reason could there be than a lack of caring about the issue Catgirl raises? Pot meet kettle.
Like 'theunbrainwashed', I also grew up in Southern Appalachia. I know these people well- I've BEEN them. And I know they've made their bed... now they gotta lie in it. Or in this case I guess they're dying in it.

I didn't force my kin to hate science and venerate fairy-tales. I didn't force them to vote against their own education, healthcare, infrastructure, and social safety net in favor of tax cuts for billionaires. I didn't force them to make decisions based on short-term greed and resentment.

They did all that themselves- and they deserve to be mocked. There's no redeeming people like this... and as such I left a LONG time ago.

Now that they've destroyed their own economic prospects- falling for the "trickle-down" promises of the GOP simply because they hate brown people and gays... their kids have turned to meth, heroin, alcohol, and fast-food. Predictably their lives are nasty, brutish and short.

What can you do for people who blame their self-inflicted problems on everybody but themselves? Ridicule looks like as good a response as any to me

Last edited by turkey-head; 03-25-2017 at 11:34 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 11:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
From my observations, many working class whites have an extremely poor diet, do not exercise, smoke, drink a lot of beer, many do drugs, have poor money management skills, some have a lot of stress because their children are drug addicts, they are raising their grandchildren and most have lived this way for decades.

An extremely poor diet is usually cheaper than en extremely healthy diet, especially in neighborhoods where working class people live. A dollar spent on inflated rent cannot be spent on food.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:27 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Due to hazardous working environments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies