Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:59 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times

Advertisements

Because it's a way for Democrats to distract from other issues

Back in the early 2000s a genius Democratic politician clearly realized by trying to make gay rights the next civil rights, you could distract from talking about other issues and divide people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 09:00 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
They don't. I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is, OP. Is this a rant against the media attention given to LGBT? If you want to talk about obsession, we should be discussing all these transgender bathroom bills. I can't believe how preoccupied Congress members are with people using the bathroom. Their fear and paranoia is abnormal, TBH.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
How do they make them out to be 20-50%? Did you even think about those numbers before saying them?
Lol - if you base it on HGTV it sure looks that way.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:04 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Is the bathroom bill on the NC Republicans or the transgendered though?
It's on the liberal Charlotte, NC city council. They started it with the first "bathroom bill" in the state and the state legislation was in response to what they passed.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I read somewhere that the LGBT community in America is somewhere between 2-5%. Can someone confirm?

Why does the media make them out to be somewhere like 20-50%?
Where are the statistics you speak of? Thank you.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
With everything going on about the LGBT in the media and politics in the last 10 years you would think that they are 99% of the population. I am glad that it has quieted down a bit. I was sick and tired of hearing about them.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:24 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Yes, you have more of a chance of having Autism than being a lesbian. If only the first would get as much attention.
Society isnt harassing autistic people and trying to limit their rights.Although I dont like the trans being lumped into this category. Their agenda isnt really the same .

Old 03-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It's on the liberal Charlotte, NC city council. They started it with the first "bathroom bill" in the state and the state legislation was in response to what they passed.
Why is it considered liberal to make sure someone isnt criminally prosecuted or kicked out of school for using the bathroom of their gender ?

Also, "started" is the wrong term, there were cases across the country including at Duke about students who were reprimanded about using the "wrong" bathroom. a couple were even expelled. This is something that has actually been going on for a long time, but has ust only recently become a national discussion.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:17 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Because it's a way for Democrats to distract from other issues

Back in the early 2000s a genius Democratic politician clearly realized by trying to make gay rights the next civil rights, you could distract from talking about other issues and divide people
Yup, it doesn't really matter what the group is. Dems embrace them and then use them for propaganda purposes. Of course if a Gay or Lesbian person comes out and doesn't agree with the overall agenda the democrats are proposing, then they are demonized, criticized, made fun of, called wackos, called Uncle Toms if the person happens to be African American.
It's part of their strategy to divide everyone according to race, religion, ideology, sexual orientation and all the rest. It doesn't seem to matter much like in the case of Islamist's that they are profoundly anti Gay and Lesbian. Somehow, they all get the Democrat's seal of approval.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yup, it doesn't really matter what the group is. Dems embrace them and then use them for propaganda purposes. Of course if a Gay or Lesbian person comes out and doesn't agree with the overall agenda the democrats are proposing, then they are demonized, criticized, made fun of, called wackos, called Uncle Toms if the person happens to be African American.
It's part of their strategy to divide everyone according to race, religion, ideology, sexual orientation and all the rest. It doesn't seem to matter much like in the case of Islamist's that they are profoundly anti Gay and Lesbian. Somehow, they all get the Democrat's seal of approval.
Your argument contradicts itself, as you are claiming those Islamist are following along with a Democratic party that has openly support, elected, and even placed gay men and women in leadership roles.

As for the rest of your post. I think we can agree that the name calling is wrong, but the arguments are based with in the context of an individual seemingly going against policies that would specifically benefit them or people like them.

What I find worse is the hypocrisy from your side. The same people who would make a statement like yours are quick to say people are slaves on a Democratic Plantation. The name calling thing goes both ways. As does the silence. When Tim Scott speaks about racial injustice, your side shouldnt pretend like he no longer exist and then run to David Clarke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies