Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 09:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Obama went golfing over 400 times in his 8 years...

trump is on schedule to equal Obama

Obama went golfing everywhere (mostly at Bethesda and Andrews) on the tax payers dollar...trump is going to his own..which means no cost to the taxpayer

Obama kept his whole salary ..trump is accepting only a dollar

every president has done his own thing... bill Clinton went jogging all the time out in public streets of dangerous Washington dc

get off your high horse, and quit worrying about what some potus is doing to relax
No, he went a little over 300 times in his 96 months of office. Thats not how many days he spent doing it, thats how many rounds of golf. Eisenhower did 800 rounds, Woodrow Wilson did 1,000.

At Trumps current pace he will be about double Obamas. Which given this statement:
Quote:
Mr Trump added: "We don’t have time for this. We have to work. I love golf, I think it’s one of the greats, but I don’t have time."
is especially ironic.

Additionally he is doing his golf at his own facilities rather then local ones, and at immense expense....much of which is being funneled into his own pockets.

This is not even remotely defensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 09:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No, he went a little over 300 times in his 96 months of office. Thats not how many days he spent doing it, thats how many rounds of golf. Eisenhower did 800 rounds, Woodrow Wilson did 1,000.

At Trumps current pace he will be about double Obamas. Which given this statement:

is especially ironic.

Additionally he is doing his golf at his own facilities rather then local ones, and at immense expense....much of which is being funneled into his own pockets.

Agreed. Obvious conflict of interest.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
How does a business claim a profit from a singular engagement. That is basically impossible.
I have no idea. You'll need to use Google for that answer. However, we know that the membership to Mar-a-Lago doubled after he was elected.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

I don't know why his supporters cannot see the hypocrisy. He not only criticized Obama for playing golf, he said if he were POTUS he would never have time to play. He also talked about how expensive short trips are and that he would probably never leave the White House. There are too many videos and tweets to post. Here's one in which he says he doesn't think he'll get a chance to visit even one of his many golf courses because "I'll be working my a$$ off."

[url]https://twitter.com/yashar/status/846152013389934592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=htt p%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstory%2F2017%2F3%2F27 %2F1647639%2F-Watch-2016-con-artist-Trump-tell-a-crowd-he-d-never-play-golf-never-leave-the-White-House[/url]

Here, I found it. In an interview June 2015, he said

[URL="http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house"]"I would rarely leave the White House"[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 03-29-2017 at 10:10 PM..

Old 03-29-2017, 11:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know why his supporters cannot see the hypocrisy. He not only criticized Obama for playing golf, he said if he were POTUS he would never have time to play. He also talked about how expensive short trips are and that he would probably never leave the White House. There are too many videos and tweets to post. Here's one in which he says he doesn't think he'll get a chance to visit even one of his many golf courses because "I'll be working my a$$ off."

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/84...he-White-House

Here, I found it. In an interview June 2015, he said

"I would rarely leave the White House"

Well, given Trump's history of telling one lie after another, this was just one more to add to the list. The man has a serious lying problem, and it is not getting any better. We all tell the occasional lie, but Donald Trump takes it to a whole nuther level.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
I'd love to know what his handicap is and what he say's it is.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, given Trump's history of telling one lie after another, this was just one more to add to the list. The man has a serious lying problem, and it is not getting any better. We all tell the occasional lie, but Donald Trump [FONT=Verdana]takes it to a whole nuther level.[/FONT]
Yes, like when he said in an interview "I do have a relationship with Putin." (his exact words)

So was he lying then or is he lying now?

I want to stay on the subject of golf, so I'll just say about these stories, there's a hole in one. (groan)

Old 03-29-2017, 11:58 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
I don't think he is breaking any law by playing golf.

He can and he should play golf as much as he wants while enjoy being the POTUS. What's wrong in that?

Old 03-30-2017, 12:03 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

He can and he should play golf as much as he wants while enjoy being the POTUS. What's wrong in that?
I'm sorry, Us democrats will have a problem getting used to that as Obama was pilloried for playing golf and I can't tell you how many threads I've read about it over the last 6 years. We were conditioned to think that was a really bad thing for a president to do.

Now I guess it's cool. How times change,............overnight.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

I guess you'll just keep ignoring the hypocrisy and the lies. Did you read any of the links or watch the videos when he said he would never play golf and continually criticized Obama for doing it? Sometimes I feel as if we're in an Abbott and Costello movie.

"He said he would never play golf and vilified Obama for years in interviews, tweets & at rallies."

"So what's wrong with the fact that he played golf 13 times in only 9 weeks?"

"But he said he would never play golf."

"So? Why can't he play golf? He's the President!

"But he promised he would never play golf. In fact he said he would never take a vacation and would rarely leave the White House."

"He's the President. He deserves time off."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies