Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:57 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Playing a round of golf isn't vacationing. It's no different than Obama shooting a game of hoops or Bush riding his bike. Trump also does a lot of negotiating while playing golf. If he went out to dinner or lunch to talk with someone would it really be any different?

When Trump starts doing a bad job as president, I'll care what he does for exercise or socializing. Since I feel he's the best president we've had in the last century, his golfing doesn't bother me I guess.

Playing golf isn't the problem. He flies in Air Force 1 to Florida every weekend to play golf with taxpayer's money. I have been supporting Trump even though I did not vote for him. It is ridiculous for him to fly to Florida every weekend. Stay in DC and perform his presidential duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 01:02 PM

6,464 posts, read 8,155,008 times
Let him play golf... or maybe some gardening.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:02 PM

22,157 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What is wrong with this? Most of the Obama criticism came when he took days and days off to fly to Hawaii, no one was griping about the actually amount of golf he was playing.
The only times Obama was playing golf in Hawaii was when Congress was out of session during the Holidays..

And Trump's criticism of Obama's golf..

Quote:
Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter
When Trump made this tweet, Obama wasn't in Hawaii, no where near it, Obama was playing golf at Port Belvior (about 25 miles south of D.C)

Old 03-26-2017, 01:04 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,495,118 times
Glad he's taking some time off. And many replies are likely right - he's still getting stuff done at the same time. Nice!!

Old 03-26-2017, 01:05 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And at the end of the Day, no one cares, except the Liberals. He can play Golf as much as he likes. He is still getting the job done, and is working on what he promised to do. Just because Obama could not chew gum and walk at the same time, doesn't mean no one else can. Go Trump Go.

Did he get the job done on Friday or just throw his hands up in frustration?

Old 03-26-2017, 01:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,886,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Glad he's taking some time off. And many replies are likely right - he's still getting stuff done at the same time. Nice!!
Seriously??

Like screwing up tRUMPcare; then walking away from it.
Screwing up the 1st travel ban and now in court on revised travel ban.
Insulting allies, right and left.
Oh...someone else finish the list; it's exhausting. I may have to hit the links.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:09 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,660,981 times
What's his handicap? Oh wait, I guess we know that... everything.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
13 times in 9 weeks.... 50 more and he'd have a slight chance of catching Obama

Anti Trumpers have plenty of things to complain about, but golfing really isn't one of them. Trump is working harder than Obama. Period.
Obama didn't go out on the campaign trail until 2 years after he took office and he certainly didn't play golf every weekend. In fact, conservative watchdog groups like Judicial Watch estimate that in 8 years, the cost of Obama's vacations totaled $85 to $90 million. Trump might exceed that figure in one year. Also, Michelle didn't stay in Chicago, even though they had 2 young children in school.

I wonder if Trump will continue to call Mar-a-Lago the "winter White House" when he spends weekends there in May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
What's his handicap? Oh wait, I guess we know that... everything.
Spelling?

Old 03-26-2017, 01:32 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,004,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So we should just ignore all of those tweets of Trump's where he is hyper-critical of President Obama for playing golf? Because now that Trump is doing it, it's no longer bad?
If it doesn't affect your life then yes, you shouldn't care. That goes for anything in life JAMS.

https://youtu.be/GD6qtc2_AQA

Old 03-26-2017, 01:34 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,089,904 times
I don't think Trump realized how difficult being president is.

As CEO of his own billion dollar empire, he didn't have to answer to anybody about anything.

But as POTUS, everything he does is under a microscope and everything he says will be fact-checked and questioned. I don't believe he was prepared for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies