Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:49 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If there was only one way to interpret a law then we wouldn't need appeals courts or the Supreme Court.

There is no confusion of original intent only perversion thereof.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I guess we here in the West are not "mainstream America". Not many of us want anything to do with her, and she most assuredly does not represent us!
My point is that we are now at the point where her nonsensical rhetoric is typical of what much of America believes. I'm opposed to her views as well.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:26 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm on the fence about him. He talks a good game, about how he must follow the law and that no man, not even the President, is above the law, however, some of his rulings in the past have been very controversial. (Like the trucker who was freezing to death and was fired by his employer for leaving his rig unattended.......Gorsuch ruled that the firing was appropriate.)

I really haven't been following his hearings much, so I am not sold either way yet.
This ruling is EXACTLY why he's perfect for the job. He rules on LAW, not on FEELINGS. Was the employer a jerk in this case? Yup. But was he within his rights to fire the trucker? Yup.

The left has made is clear that they want someone that will rule with "feeling". That's not how things work in this country. Thank goodness. Because in this age of hyper-sensitivity to every alleged slight, it would be a disaster.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:32 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Are you really so naive to think Obama actually wanted to appoint Garland? If he knew his appointee would get nominated, he would have picked another liberal judge. This was just to throw it back at the Republicans like they're doing now. And you apparently fell for it.
Do you think he nominated a judge he didn't want, Garland was a moderate and he would have worked out fine. He served up a softball to the republicans and they totally overreacted running around like chicken little, no good deed goes unpunished.

I understand the vote will be April 3, I hope the democrats just approve him and move on because this nonsense is bad for the country.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There is no confusion of original intent only perversion thereof.
Yes there is confusion and that is exactly why we have a supreme court, go look at some of Scalia's rulings. He was not a robot.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:47 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
I got the impression that Gorsuch followed the law even if it meant making an unpopular decision. Leftists like Warren don't like that. They want activist judges that legislate from the bench, and that is not how the justice system is supposed to work.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I got the impression that Gorsuch followed the law even if it meant making an unpopular decision. Leftists like Warren don't like that. They want activist judges that legislate from the bench, and that is not how the justice system is supposed to work.
One of the largest issues we have is the Citizens United Ruling, Many democrats and also some republicans disagreed with the ruling, it was a 5-4 split but I don't see this being solved anytime soon. Maybe congress will address this deficiency, in my dreams.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
As long as he's in touch with the Constitution he can we in or out of touch with the mainstream. It doesn't matter.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
There is no "both sides".

There is the Constitution and what it meant as written period.
Anything else is purely political and that is not what the Supreme Court is intended to be.
Liz Warren supports the interpretude of those defending their agendas.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:32 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
There is no "both sides".

There is the Constitution and what it meant as written period.
Anything else is purely political and that is not what the Supreme Court is intended to be.
Size matters.

Many believe that a thousands pounds of feathers outweigh a pound of gold, by sheer size difference.

Size and sides, size and sides - Most people judge by their visibilities.

Some people flatter, and some people feather.

Lots of 'em have bird brains. Take Elizabeth Warren . . .

Think about how much she ways.

It's all ways one way or another.

She wore a feather to prove her Indian flatter.

She flatterizes.

If a feather can get you some Affirmative Action, examine the weight difference of a feather over a gold coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6RjP7MlXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SraaOCwRnbA

Featherlewd or flatterlewd. Tude or lewd - I always get my suffixes mixed somehow.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-28-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies