Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
A civil war has begun.

This civil war is very different than the last one. There are no cannons or cavalry charges. The left doesn’t want to secede. It wants to rule. Political conflicts become civil wars when one side refuses to accept the existing authority. The left has rejected all forms of authority that it doesn’t control.

The left has rejected the outcome of the last two presidential elections won by Republicans. It has rejected the judicial authority of the Supreme Court when it decisions don’t accord with its agenda. It rejects the legislative authority of Congress when it is not dominated by the left.

It rejected the Constitution so long ago that it hardly bears mentioning.
The current POTUS and his followers seem to think the SCOTUS shouldn't be interfering in his authority, which is in fact anti-constitutional. A constitutionalist believes that the branches of government are to keep each other in check, yet when congress raises questions about what Trump says or the courts rule his actions unjust, it's somehow wrong. And that's not to say the Democrats, who you inaccurate label as the left (those of us who know what the actually difference between left and right is find what you're saying to be absurd; in America, two different right wing ideologies are fighting each other while a small left wing crowd just wants a party that even slightly represents them).

But hey, I'm consistent so what the **** do I know, right? Perhaps I should watch my back after criticizing your emperor; Steve Bannon (who holds an office that Trump created... to drain the swamp... apparently).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
The CONFEDERATES "Never Stopped Fighting", we just sit around and allowed them to become the new era Republican System and its Party, and now we act like we are dumbfounded to see their vile mentality and motivation is 'exactly like a page from the history of the KKK and any other radical group.

American people allowed this craziness and now as a people, we are allowing it to continue. Are we just too dumb ourselves to learn?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
No cannons or cavalry. Just hacking from Kremlin cyber criminals. The left (and some on the right) are trying to save the US from the bondage that much of Eastern Europe broke free of in our lifetimes.
Yeah... that's why Leftist protestors are often Communists. Because they want to save us from tyranny...

Or something...

Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
A civil war has begun.
DRAMA QUEEN ???

Old 03-27-2017, 04:03 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Yeah... that's why Leftist protestors are often Communists. Because they want to save us from tyranny...

Or something...
Often? What the hell are you talking about?

(do keep in mind, many don't actually know what communism is. Communism is often explained poorly and most don't have a realistic vision of what it is because they've never bothered to read an Marxist work themselves... given this laziness, I see no real reason to fear that relatively tiny chunk of people)

Old 03-27-2017, 04:10 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
1. You don't know anything about geopolitics. You only know the neoliberal talking points.

2. Americans are resisting the liberal narrative, because it is clear that it is just that. It is a manipulative narrative designed to underhandedly delegitimize an election. Its transparency is insulting, which is why it has no traction except with your choir.

3. We worry about our own corruption in this Nation. You worry about Putin's corruption due to the neoliberal desire to cause international turmoil that allows them to undermine governments. Your statements is precisely the political sentiment that is responsible for both the Iraq and Syrian wars.

4. If liberals do not want conservatives to look to other nations for moral anchors, then stop with your socially progressive bull. It's that simple. Your extremism warrants detachment from your amoral nihilism.
What country would conservatives look to for moral anchors?

Old 03-27-2017, 04:20 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lord, I wish more people would remember this.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Americans are siding with Putin.

Russian people are risking their lives to oppose him and his corruption.

Putin and his oligarch buddies are literally robbing the Russian people and stashing their ill-gotten gains in the Bank of Cyprus to be laundered and used to buy overpriced property and who knows what all.
Like who? I don't know a single conservative that 'sides with Putin'.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:24 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lord, I wish more people would remember this.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Americans are siding with Putin.

Russian people are risking their lives to oppose him and his corruption.

Putin and his oligarch buddies are literally robbing the Russian people and stashing their ill-gotten gains in the Bank of Cyprus to be laundered and used to buy overpriced property and who knows what all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Like who? I don't know a single conservative that 'sides with Putin'.
Any American siding with Trump is siding with Putin.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert, Grammar Nazi alert.

Everybody, all hands on deck. We have ourselves an American Big Stick Liberal who swears he or she speaks the Kings English. Man your battle stations gentlemen.
golgi1 is a liberal? Wow, I missed that.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
It does get harder for us all to wrap our heads around numbers when they get that high, doesn't it? Man, I wish we could all get millions...but then I guess it would become meaningless if we were all there? Boo

Still, despite my mathematical error, I have to wonder if my original premise would still be viable. With my original error corrected, the number of people who would actually need a bottom up bailout shrinks considerably. OK, people who are going under with debt on various lines of credit don't represent the whole population. If these certain people were to be segregated and their debt analyzed, would putting stimulus dollars into them to pass back to their creditors be feasible? The money still goes to the banks, just in the manner it should have to begin with. Accounts come at least current, interest paid, and thus the crdit market is stabilized giving both creditors and creditees room to maneuver.

My business got caught in the construction bubble. After the 08 elections investors just panicked. Myself and a lot of other construction related businesses had to walk away from full subdivisions , rough ins waving in the air on bare frames. And the speed it all happened left our heads spinning. From there, landing new construction work was rare. I was scratching out a living on trouble calls and an occasional re model. Someone always need a plumber, but even with that, a lot of people were just trying to do things themselves rather than call a pro.

Saw a LOT of people who had to just walk away from their homes, and then these homes just sat and fell apart. But the banks got a golden parachute. I find myself going back to the premise of building from the foundation up rather than the lid down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies