Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wow.

Is that really what you believe about Christ, who was God in human form?
For the 500th time: I am Jewish. G-d does not have a human form. He will never have a human form. That's not what the Messiah is. When the Messiah comes, he will be a man. A great man, but a man all the same.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The Old Testament was from God's wild and crazy days. He got a lot mellower once he settled down and had a kid.
Old Testament is about how God had to deal with fallen mankind.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Really?

Here's your problem: God IS. He spoke. WE didn't "figure it out." He came and WE believed. We read His Word, and WE believe.

It's not a matter of "finding something that 'works' for [you]" The only thing that 'works' is believing in Him. And that's what HE said, not me.

Man is sinful. And man is often very evil. That's why "live and let live" will NEVER bring peace. Only God can bring peace.
Yes, really. Why is it so difficult for some to grasp the concept of live and let live? NO ONE on this Earth can claim superiority or correctness in belief as a matter of unmitigated fact. We are all doing our best and our belief system is part of that. If YOU want to believe in the Christian god and religion and its tenets, then go for it. But there is absolutely NO REASON that Abdul down the street can't do the same with his five prayers a day and religious garb. The problem is that you've falsely believe you have a right to believe the way you want while believing others do not. While I acknowledge that true and everlasting peace is impossible, there is no reason to make our lives all the more divided, chaotic, contentious and miserable by denigrating others who believe differently than we do. When you stop putting people into us and them categories, you might actually find you have more in common with different people than you previously thought.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The Old Testament was from God's wild and crazy days. He got a lot mellower once he settled down and had a kid.
Well, we can thank God for coming around......the OT would not be compatible in todays USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
For the 500th time: I am Jewish. G-d does not have a human form. He will never have a human form. That's not what the Messiah is. When the Messiah comes, he will be a man. A great man, but a man all the same.
Jesus is the messiah. God is a spirit, and the spirit of God was in Jesus , without sin.

Quote:
Well, until you face death, you won't have fact. But Christ told us what awaits all who believe, and since He was God in the Flesh, I'll take his word.
Yeah and other religions have their stakes in the afterlife too. Christianity is no different than any other religion.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is the Jewish Religion and the Christian Religion serve the same God. The God of the Jew is the original root of the tree and the Christian has been graphed into the same tree. We serve the same God but we serve under the New Testament.
Our Muslim brothers and sisters serve the same G-d too.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
In the beginning was the word, and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. God is word, God is the Holy Spirit and God is Jesus Christ .
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1 NIV

The Jews referred to God as "the Word." Here, John applied it to Christ.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Our Muslim brothers and sisters serve the same G-d too.
No, they put Mohammad in the place of Jesus. Mohammad was not God. It is a false religion.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Even the Old Testament foresaw the coming of Christ, the Savior (Messiah) "Emanuel" means, "God with us." Christ was called "Emanuel." This is in the Old Testament scriptures.

The miracles he did were testament to who He was. He said, "I and the Father are One." "If you know me than you know the Father also." There are many such passages that reveal who Christ is. The reason he was crucified was because he claimed equality with God. Then, just as he said he would, he rose on the third day. "Destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in three days."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies