Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:40 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times

Advertisements

This reminds of those Hulk vs Superman debates that rage on online.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,679 times
If the story is true, I think this so-called "professor" should be fired.

I'm a leftist, not a liberal.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
If his professor tried to get him expelled it wouldn't get through the college administration. You are either not telling the whole story or you just made it up.
He went to court and the college in NYC of course sided with the professor. The court ruled he shouldn't contact the college ,and not pursue this matter anymore. He waited for some time for the ruling. It is NYC. 90 % liberal.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I personally know someone who was expelled from getting his master's for being a conservative and writing his thesis that Thomas Jefferson was a conservative. His professor had him expelled and did not accept that Jefferson was a conservative. This is how bad it is.
/thathappened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not only was Christ crucified, but his followers have suffered persecution to this very day.
Agreed. I don't think persecution of Christians will end until we elect the first Christian president. Then we can finally come out of the shadows and proclaim our faith.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:30 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
/thathappened

Agreed. I don't think persecution of Christians will end until we elect the first Christian president. Then we can finally come out of the shadows and proclaim our faith.
What nonsense. Practically every president we've ever had was a Christian. Except for Donald Trump, who worships only himself and money.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A valid point. The beliefs of Christians would have been known, presumably, but he's a secondary source.

Meh. I for one find it quite likely that he Romans would have crucified a troublesome rabbi who'd been leading a doomsday cult with political overtones.
Sure. I believe they probably crucified some dude named Jesus who was a troublemaker and a radical. But do i believe that the dude was the son of God or a divine being at all?

Nope.
Quote:
You wouldn't believe in Jesus if he came in your front door. It has nothing to do with proof; it has to do with the unwillingness to believe in him.
Why would i believe in Jesus? That's your ancestral religion, not mine. My family only believes in Christianity because it was handed down from slavery, and those slaves got it from some master to keep them compliant. I'm not compliant, and I don't take on the religion of other groups that aren't my own. Find me a believable black God from Africa and maybe i'll give it a shot. But i'm not calling some Middle Eastern Jewish Rabbi from antiquity my saviour...forget it. Hell, he didn't even save his own people.

BTW, sure i'd believe in Jesus if he came in my front door. But being from Arizona, his name would be pronounced HAYZOOS and he'd probably be an actual carpenter, roofer, electrician, or one of the more useful trades around here.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:20 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Sounds like he was suspended for the way he disagreed with her, not for the disagreement itself. Also, Christians need to learn that not everyone believes the same as they do. As much as you, a Christian, find the idea of Islam preposterous and made up --- that's how others feel about Christianity. BUT we should all respect each other's right to believe how we like.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Not only was Christ crucified, but his followers have suffered persecution to this very day.
In some parts of this world, they have sadly.

But not in this country.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Rollins is a small (3,200 students) private liberal arts college in Florida. They can set their own rules.
2016-2017 Tuition: $46,520
IF, and that's a big if, this story went down as Christian Boy says it did, the professor would be wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with respectful, thoughtful discourse between two opposing POVs. Any school of higher education should value this type of debate. Echo chambers are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is how islam works. They bully their way into positions of power then shut down any other views or ideas.
Have you seen this thread? Instead of discussing the topic at hand, Jesus Defenders are out in full force demanding that people believe he was really crucified.

Bullying isn't limited to Islam. I've seen it plenty in Christianity as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies