Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump supporters: If Trump is found guilty of collaborating with Russia, would you accept his impeac
Yes 17 38.64%
No 27 61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We don't know what the truth is yet. However, in the event that Trump conspired with Russia to have information leaked to damage Hillary Clinton's campaign, would you support his impeachment? Would you accept the peaceful transition of power to VP Pence?
What you people want won't happen. Take up hobby or something to occupy your time besides masterbaiting about regaining power. You'll never get past those like myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I voted yes to the poll even though I'm about 90% positive there's nothing to the charges and its a deep state con job. But I AM about 80% positive Hillary is guilty of the same charges and even worse ones. So I ask Hillary supporters. if she's found guilty of collusion with the Russians will you drop support of her and give Trump reluctant support? Likewise if the looming Pizzagate investigation proves Hillary was involved in unspeakable crimes, would you support the GOP candidate in the next election as penitence or refuse to vote for any democrat candidate as a reprisal? Likewise would you cease the following of liberal media which was party to your being so hideously duped?

Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I voted yes to the poll even though I'm about 90% positive there's nothing to the charges and its a deep state con job. But I AM about 80% positive Hillary is guilty of the same charges and even worse ones. So I ask Hillary supporters. if she's found guilty of collusion with the Russians will you drop support of her and give Trump reluctant support? Likewise if the looming Pizzagate investigation proves Hillary was involved in unspeakable crimes, would you support the GOP candidate in the next election as penitence or refuse to vote for any democrat candidate as a reprisal? Likewise would you cease the following of liberal media which was party to your being so hideously duped?
I was never a Hillary Clinton supporter and I do believe she is corrupt. If she is found guilty, she should be prosecuted. However, I will never bow at the orange altar.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Looking forward to seeing the results of this poll. My prediction is they would forgive him anything.
Nothing to forgive. He's doing a great job despite subversives out to get him.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
I'm not a Hillary supporter to begin with, but nor am I a Trump supporter (otherwise I'd have voted in the poll) - but I am a liberal.

I would absolutely disown any media outlets that was involved in lies. However, I would not vote for the next GOP candidate as 'penitence' - I vote for the individual, not the party, and I vote only for the candidate that I think will be genuinely the best for the country, not out of masochism.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Would it suddenly matter if it was Hillary collaborating with Russia?
Yes, it would matter.

Good grief, catch up here. When one third of our government is collaborating with a foreign power, it matters.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:08 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Would I accept his impeachment ? Hell, I would personally deliver the paperwork to him !

Old 03-28-2017, 12:09 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Looking forward to seeing the results of this poll. My prediction is they would forgive him anything.
Right now, the poll has 75% voting "no" to impeachment if found collaborating with Russia.

Makes me wonder what could he get away with before you all decided he'd gone too far.

So here's my question to those who voted "no."

What is the bar for impeachment? What evidence would convince you it's time for Trump to go?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Why does it matter? I'd be a lot more worried if he was collaborating with the third world middle eastern scum.
^ this folks is the personification why Trump supporters are so scary. They don't care about anything other than sticking it to "3rd world scum", even if our president was installed by a foreign country it's ok ... at least he's not "3rd world scum"

Since your ok with foreign intervention in American democracy can I go seek help from the BND, MI6, AIVD/MIVD, etc to undermine and eventually force Trump to resign? Afterall, you yourself said it's ok as long as it's not 3rd world scum.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
You had me at first, and I admire your candor. Then you started talking about how people should atone for their electoral sins...

If Hillary was found guilty, I would withdraw all support from her (although, to be honest, she was never my first choice, anyway, and my support has been minimal.) I would be sorrier than I already am that we didn't have a better nominee.

That does not necessarily mean I would become a Trump supporter, or vote for the next Republican candidate, any more than I suspect you would become a Democrat if Trump proved to be at fault here. It does mean I would do my best to ensure that my own party picked someone better next time around.

I'm not really sure why you have asked about doing penance by switching parties. No one has asked Republicans to do so, in the event that Trump is found guilty. Go ahead, be a Republican. I don't think anyone has asked you to change your core beliefs, just be open to the possibility that THIS Republican might not be a good guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies