Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

E-verify is in Trump's 2018 proposed budget. So yes, he will be going after the employers who hire illegal aliens.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/trum...ional-e-verify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 08:25 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are useless when we are not addressing the reasons people come here illegally in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When do you suppose Trump will start on the actual solution? Ending the reason people come here in the first place? When will we have the first prosecution of a business hiring illegals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump said he will enforce ALL laws, so if you are running a pot-shop in Colorado, you might want to think about selling it.
I'm definitely in favor of enforcing all laws. Though, I disagree that a wall/fence is useless. It obviously isn't useless, just insufficient. Basically, the wall isn't going to magically fix the problem, but it is part of any solution.

It isn't like this is the first border fence/wall that has ever been built in World History. Border walls have been pretty common in World History. Though rarely on such a large scale(with the exception being the Great Wall of China).

I mean, Israel has been building walls in their country for more than a decade now, and while not 100% effective, they definitely aren't useless. And what sane man would claim they were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Well, I'll start with your total cost of $31 billion, being just $600 million a year -- except that we pay for the cost up-front and add interest to the borrowing costs. The workers and contractors expect to get paid upon completion, not over 50 years. (Although, if we do what Trump does, stiff the contractors, we can really save money.)
Fine, we pay an up-front cost plus interest. Current borrowing rates are practically 0%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ra...nment-bonds/us

The point I was trying to make, is that we aren't going to be paying $31 billion every year for the wall. If the wall lasts 50-years, then the annual cost would be ~$600 million a year.

And as I said, $600 million a year is 1/5900th of the total annual budget. Basically, if the wall costs $600 million per year, then we could build 5,900 walls. So this notion that we can't afford it is total stupidity.

Trump was talking about bumping military spending to close to $1 trillion a year. It is what, $600 billion now? The total increase in defense spending could build a dozen walls.

Quote:
Your claim that "It wouldn't cost much to maintain the wall once it is built." According to who? According to CNBC maintenance will be $750 million a year.
1) I was responding to someone claiming it would cost "billions" a year to maintain the wall. Even you claim it wouldn't.

2) We already have a fence which spans a third or more or the border. Does that cost $250 million(1/3rd of the 750 million claimed) to maintain? If that is too much, should we just tear down the wall we already built?

Your argument is absurd. Either a fence is beneficial, or it isn't. If it isn't beneficial, shouldn't we just tear down the one south of San Diego? Not even kooky California wants to do that.

Quote:
You also don't address that we have a net zero immigration problem right now.

Your link said: "We rate Trump’s statement Mostly False."
1) I don't believe that America is having zero net immigration. Do you honestly believe immigration authorities to even know what is going on in this country? I don't trust the government to be honest about anything, especially when they have an agenda.

2) I live in an area greatly affected by illegal-immigration, my sister hangs out with Mexican cartels, full of illegal-immigrants, and my sister was even dating a guy who was an illegal-immigrant who got deported. My sister is an idiot, meth-addict, and she associates with the Mexicans because they have drugs.

She was also dating this guy, Luiz Ruiz, who, along with another guy, was charged with killing a girl.

GRAPHIC: Men charged in murder of Carina Saunders | KFOR.com

Partly because of my sister's testimony, the charges were dropped against him. But trust me, the guy is a bad guy, and I know his cousin, Viktor, and I have listened to him talk about all the people they've killed, both here in America, and back in Mexico.

https://thedisbrimstonedailypitchfor...nvestigations/

My sister is Stacy Privett. The whole southside of OKC is a massive web of criminals. I avoid it like the plague. And, in my old business, I knew a cousin of the girl who was murdered, Carina Saunders. Carina was a prostitute, and I've been to the drug houses, where these prostitutes were hanging out, and being pimped from, often underage.

I talked to a prostitute about the business, though I tried to be respectful about it, where she called it "her hustle".

This city needs to be cleansed. This country needs to be cleansed.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-31-2017 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-31-2017, 09:49 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well then let's just tear down the existing walls/fences on the border since they supposedly don't deter illegal immigration at all. How many times does it have to be stated that it's not only illegals looking for work and benefits that are getting thru our southern border? Ever heard of tunnel sensors?

Hmmm, don't know why you're jumping on me. I just offered up another problem that needs addressing in addition to stemming the flow. All I'm saying is that benefits to non citizens needs to be cut off. And I feel VERY strongly about that. The assistance programs should NOT be available to non citizens. But they are. In a big way. Way I see it, if you didn't pay into these systems, aren't even a citizen in legitimate need get lost.

These "migrants" are taking a HUGE chunk of assets from public assistance programs. Medical, cash, and food subsidies. Plus they are working, multiple families sharing single family housing, all sharing costs, leaving a large disposable income. It's not unusual around here to see farm hands driving brand new trucks and cars I couldn't have afforded at the peak of my income when I was running a lucrative business. That chaps me no end!

That crap needs to stop. End of line. Indeed....

Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmmm, don't know why you're jumping on me. I just offered up another problem that needs addressing in addition to stemming the flow. All I'm saying is that benefits to non citizens needs to be cut off. And I feel VERY strongly about that. The assistance programs should NOT be available to non citizens. But they are. In a big way. Way I see it, if you didn't pay into these systems, aren't even a citizen in legitimate need get lost.

These "migrants" are taking a HUGE chunk of assets from public assistance programs. Medical, cash, and food subsidies. Plus they are working, multiple families sharing single family housing, all sharing costs, leaving a large disposable income. It's not unusual around here to see farm hands driving brand new trucks and cars I couldn't have afforded at the peak of my income when I was running a lucrative business. That chaps me no end!

That crap needs to stop. End of line. Indeed....

Sorry if you think I was jumping on you because most of what you said and are saying now I agree with you. My response was based on these remarks you made in a prior post...."Will the wall stop that? Considering what we are being told about tunnel networks, that's iffy". There are tunnel sensors and most illegals aren't coming thru tunnels anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies