Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:06 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

[quote=burdell;47659625]And when it doesn't stop the problem? THEN what?

WHAT is this "help pay for it" crap? Trump told us time after time after time that Mexico WOULD pay for it. IF Congress had a pair in the chamber they'd tell Trump NO taxpayer $$$ for the wall.[/quote

Again, I have posted a couple of links over and over proving that good walls do work on our southern border. So why wouldn't it deter illegal aliens as it's already doing it! Who said anything about stopping illegal immigration altogether? You anti-wall people think that unless the new walls won't stop illegal immigration 100% that it's useless. That's ridiculous!

I am merely expressing my opinion. Hopefully Mexico will at least pay for some of it. Either way I am happy to help pay the $25 billion it will cost vs the $113 billion that illegals cost us every year. How many times does the wall vs illegal alien costs have to be repeated in here before you anti-wall people stop asking the same questions over and over again and keep making the same lame excuses over and over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
That study with the oft-quoted $113 biliion was debunked universally years ago, after it was released.
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/0...om-hate/193546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

WHAT is this "help pay for it" crap? Trump told us time after time after time that Mexico WOULD pay for it. IF Congress had a pair in the chamber they'd tell Trump NO taxpayer $$$ for the wall.[/quote

Again, I have posted a couple of links over and over proving that good walls do work on our southern border. So why wouldn't it deter illegal aliens as it's already doing it! Who said anything about stopping illegal immigration altogether? You anti-wall people think that unless the new walls won't stop illegal immigration 100% that it's useless. That's ridiculous!

I am merely expressing my opinion. Hopefully Mexico will at least pay for some of it. Either way I am happy to help pay the $25 billion it will cost vs the $113 billion that illegals cost us every year. How many times does the wall vs illegal alien costs have to be repeated in here before you anti-wall people stop asking the same questions over and over again and keep making the same lame excuses over and over?
Saying that LIE over and over again will not make it one bit truer.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:20 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So you want to just focus on Mexicans? What about all of the other illegals from India, China, Cuba, the Caribbean, etc? We have a bigger problem then just Mexico. How about taking away the jobs and all of the freebies for all illegal immigrants? What about issuing H1b visas to Mexicans that come for migrant work with strict requirements and a way to track them. If they don't return home after the visa is up, they never come back if caught and deported. I think the money would be better spent on taking away all of the incentives for them to want to come. People who employ illegals have to face stiff penalties. Oh wait. Aren't some of them part of the 1%? Donnie boy can't rock the boat with his friends now can he? They want to exploit illegals by paying them next to nothing. Lets just spend billions on a wall that won't really solve anything. It just makes us feel better though doesn't it? I mean really, I love my fence. Yes it makes me feel secure, except when I think about ways for people to breach if they really wanted to. Oh well, it keeps the dogs in and honest people out.

Are you joking? Most illegals are coming thru our southern border. So why shouldn't we first focus on that? I don't know of a single anti-illegal person that doesn't want e-verify to stop the greedy employers from hiring illegal aliens but we would need to deny them birthright citizenship for their kids and any benefits in this country also. Those are also means to support themselves here. Myself and other anti-illegals are in agreement with that also. A good wall is a deterrant and has already been proven to work on our southern border. It should be a part of the solution as criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs and benefits.

We already have the unlimited H-2A visas for Mexicans to come here and work in the Ag industry. We don't need them for anything else. We also need to track all visa holders so that they return to their countries when they are supposed to. Oh stop, with the Donny Boy remarks. It has never been proven that Trump knowingly had any illegals working for him. Why would he want to build a wall if he wants cheap, illegal labor? You makes no sense here.

Why don't you just tear down your fence since you say people can breach it anyway? If not then you're being a hypocrite! It keeps honest people out? WTH does that mean?

Old 03-28-2017, 11:21 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Asking Congress for $1 billion for 62 miles of wall. Border with MX is 1,954 miles. Waste of money and it's going to be tough to fund this given WH failure to work with budget hawks on healthcare. And looming need to raise debt ceiling in about 4 weeks.

Border wall could cost $1 billion for 62 miles
That's okay Mexico and Germany are paying for it.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:37 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
Spending so much on the wall is a ridiculous idea. I am all for curbing illegal immigration but like the PP suggested, enforce the existing e-verify laws. Also, I wish the liberals (I am also a liberal) would stop complaining so much and *justifying* illegal immigration. It demeans those who come into this country legally and spend their time and effort going about it the right way.
I agree I've said this before..why do they struggle to admit this? If I had went through all the hoops to come here legally I would be extremely upset and be totally for the wall.

Quote:
That study with the oft-quoted $113 biliion was debunked universally years ago, after it was released.
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/0...om-hate/193546
113 billion is a high estimate I guarantee you though it's still way more than 31 billion a year. Why do you value illegal immigrants over poor Americans? We are wasting billions on illegal immigrants. You can't ignore that fact.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:45 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you joking? Most illegals are coming thru our southern border. So why shouldn't we first focus on that? I don't know of a single anti-illegal person that doesn't want e-verify to stop the greedy employers from hiring illegal aliens but we would need to deny them birthright citizenship for their kids and any benefits in this country also. Those are also means to support themselves here. Myself and other anti-illegals are in agreement with that also. A good wall is a deterrant and has already been proven to work on our southern border. It should be a part of the solution as criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs and benefits.

We already have the unlimited H-2A visas for Mexicans to come here and work in the Ag industry. We don't need them for anything else. We also need to track all visa holders so that they return to their countries when they are supposed to. Oh stop, with the Donny Boy remarks. It has never been proven that Trump knowingly had any illegals working for him. Why would he want to build a wall if he wants cheap, illegal labor? You makes no sense here.

Why don't you just tear down your fence since you say people can breach it anyway? If not then you're being a hypocrite! It keeps honest people out? WTH does that mean?
Actually no, most illegal immigrants are here on expired visas. They come on a legal visa and then they never leave when it expires.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:52 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,083 times
Quote:
Asking Congress for $1 billion for 62 miles of wall. Border with MX is 1,954 miles. Waste of money and it's going to be tough to fund this given WH failure to work with budget hawks on healthcare. And looming need to raise debt ceiling in about 4 weeks.

How could there be an estimate for a project that has nothing but vaporware for a plan?

Old 03-28-2017, 01:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

WHAT is this "help pay for it" crap? Trump told us time after time after time that Mexico WOULD pay for it. IF Congress had a pair in the chamber they'd tell Trump NO taxpayer $$$ for the wall.
Contact your congressperson to voice your opinion on this matter. The US Representatives have web sites where you can post your comments directly to your US Rep. Also contact both your US Senators.

Anyone that doesn't want our tax money used for the wall, contact your US Rep and both your US Senators.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:15 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Billions for a wall a cheap extension ladder can defeat.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,105 times
Quote:

Trump has to do this because he ranted about the 'wall' constantly, and to save face he will push his agenda, only guess who will be paying for it? - clue, not the Mexicans.

We really do need to spend billions, on infrastructure, but he's too busy with his own reality show to think about our real needs as a country.

Trump could get a lot done, and be the most popular president in American history... if he would only meet regularly with Bernie, and do everything he tells him to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies