Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Similar to the Oklahoma Surgery Center, this medical facility serves Hispanics with no government involved. Cash only, low prices.

An antidote for Obamacare: Cash only medicine with transparent pricing and no insurance — the future of medicine?

The Clinica Mi Pueblo clinics offer “general medicine services at the most affordable prices possible” and that claim is supported by the very affordable prices listed above. For example, the national average cost for an MRI is $2,611, but only $350 at the clinic. The median national cost of a colonoscopy is $1,626, but only $450 on the price list above. The US average “fair” cost of an ultrasound is $263, but only about half that amount at the Clinica Mi Pueblo.

the clinic operates on a cash-only basis, with transparent prices that are listed both on the clinic’s website and on the wall at each clinic. Further, the clinic accepts no insurance, and it will not submit insurance claims on patients’ behalf. If patients have insurance, they can easily take the paperwork the clinic provides and file an insurance claim on their own.

I never thought I would see something sane come out of California. This is how it should work. Direct customer contact. Real prices. No fuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
This is awesome. We need it everywhere!

Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
This is awesome. We need it everywhere!
Totally agree.

---------------------------------------

By the way - many talk about other countries having universal care... the article in the OP mentioned how Canada controls it's cost... by rationing care.

Note that under Canada’s socialized health insurance system, “free” medical care has to be rationed by long wait times. For example, the average wait time for an MRI in Canada last year was more than 11 weeks and the wait time for a colonoscopy ranges from 3.5 to almost 22 weeks depending on the province, according to the Fraser Institute’s report “Waiting Your Turn: Wait Times for Health Care in Canada, 2016 Report.” Those services are apparently offered at Clinica Mi Pueblo with almost no wait times and are very affordable, about the same as a monthly car payment or two.

When third parties (government or insurance companies) control the flow of money, they control the health care services you get. In Canada's case, they make you wait for months to get the care you need.

This is why it's important to deal with medical facilities directly, so that we have control of our health care.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:54 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Similar to the Oklahoma Surgery Center, this medical facility serves Hispanics with no government involved. Cash only, low prices.

An antidote for Obamacare: Cash only medicine with transparent pricing and no insurance — the future of medicine?

The Clinica Mi Pueblo clinics offer “general medicine services at the most affordable prices possible†and that claim is supported by the very affordable prices listed above. For example, the national average cost for an MRI is $2,611, but only $350 at the clinic. The median national cost of a colonoscopy is $1,626, but only $450 on the price list above. The US average “fair†cost of an ultrasound is $263, but only about half that amount at the Clinica Mi Pueblo.

the clinic operates on a cash-only basis, with transparent prices that are listed both on the clinic’s website and on the wall at each clinic. Further, the clinic accepts no insurance, and it will not submit insurance claims on patients’ behalf. If patients have insurance, they can easily take the paperwork the clinic provides and file an insurance claim on their own.

I never thought I would see something sane come out of California. This is how it should work. Direct customer contact. Real prices. No fuss.
I highly doubt this is the future, I've seen a similar place in Texas (where I did a clinical) and the doctors there are mainly volunteers, they don't get paid. You really think many doctors would do this?

Also, it seems like I still don't understand deductibles, they make it seem like you have to pay out of pocket all those thousands before the insurance pays for you, but that's not what happened with my plan. When I had a silver plan, a doctor visit was free, and most doctor visits range from $90-$150 without insurance, so what's this thing about you have to reach your $4,000 deductible before paying your doctor visit (or any medical service as the article claims)? How come my insurance paid for mine making it free basically despite that doctor visit not reaching anywhere near the $4,000 deductible?

Old 03-28-2017, 07:57 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I highly doubt this is the future, I've seen a similar place in Texas (where I did a clinical) and the doctors there are mainly volunteers, they don't get paid. You really think many doctors would do this?

Also, it seems like I still don't understand deductibles, they make it seem like you have to pay out of pocket all those thousands before the insurance pays for you, but that's not what happened with my plan. When I had a silver plan, a doctor visit was free, and most doctor visits range from $90-$150 without insurance, so what's this thing about you have to reach your $4,000 deductible before paying your doctor visit (or any medical service as the article claims)? How come my insurance paid for mine making it free basically despite that doctor visit not reaching anywhere near the $4,000 deductible?
Not everyone could afford the "silver" plan I suspect and the plans vary from area to area also.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Isn't this basically just an urgent care? Even the larger chains list prices and have coupons.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:01 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Good luck with that. It will go no where. Doctors in general aren't going to do it no more than they are going to start making house calls again.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:01 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Healthcare in Somalia is pretty cheap too. No evil government to get in the way and mess it all up.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Isn't this basically just an urgent care? Even the larger chains list prices and have coupons.
It's a fraction of the cost of any urgent care where I live. Yeah, this is CA and this clinic is most likely attracting illegals. At least illegals then don't have to go to emergency rooms for basic stuff.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:12 AM

I just noticed my vet charges more to perform some of these things on my dogs, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies