Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:11 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wasn't paying attention when Obama was first elected, I wished him success. But as I paid more attention, his policies didn't make sense, in fact seemed backwards to the American way, even anti-American. I started thinking, there's something wrong with that man. But then I realized, there was nothing wrong with him.. he was just trying to do as he said he was going to do ...

Obama --> fundamentally transforming the United States of America

He wanted Hillary to be elected to finish the job.
He and Hilary actually didn't care for each other. Before Hilary got the nomination, he refused to endorse her over Bernie Sanders. Then when he finally did campaign for her, it was more anti-Trump than pro-Hilary.

I think he made her Secretary of State as a purely political move. She might have run against him in 2012 had he not.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't feel bad. I mean I do but I don't. If I was debating I educated myself enough to form a perspective. I was not worried about the details because I knew the basics from reading the person.

My point was I don't know every little detail like some people on here so it would be difficult to refute on what they are talking about unless they explain it but one thing I do know is Obama is not a bad person. He's just misunderstood by some people.
As we both know, we've both made up our minds. You like Obama, even though you weren't paying attention during his presidency. I grew to dislike Obama as I paid more attention and learned more about his agenda.

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2017 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I don't feel bad. I mean I do but I don't at the same time because I know I was trying the best I could. If I was debating I educated myself enough to form a perspective. I was not too worried about the details because I knew the basics from reading the person. I also know how government works as I loved to learn in school.

My point was I don't know all the details like some people on here so it would be difficult to refute on what they are talking about unless they explain it but one thing I do know is Obama is not a bad person. He's just misunderstood by some people.
Yes we can agree, he is misunderstood by many people who supported his presidency. I was raised around moderate Democrats, that didn't mean I automatically jumped on the Democrat bandwagon. I took time to really listen to all voices.

The more I heard, the more I disliked Obama and his agenda, also realizing he disliked and had no interest in a large segment of the American people.... I moved right.

Now I do realize there are extremists within both parties but Obama and modern Democrats weren't the Joe Manchin moderate Democrats. The Democrat party has been taken over by extreme lefitst.. liberals and progressives and I just can't get on board with their agenda. We take care of our own first, then once our country is in a good place, only then can we be in the position to help others and at that point we should.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He and Hilary actually didn't care for each other. Before Hilary got the nomination, he refused to endorse her over Bernie Sanders. Then when he finally did campaign for her, it was more anti-Trump than pro-Hilary.

I think he made her Secretary of State as a purely political move. She might have run against him in 2012 had he not.
It is well known that Obama and the Clintons didn't like each other at all, Bill especially didn't like Obama and likewise. And you're right, it is well known that he made her Secretary of State for political reasons.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
As we both know, we've both made up our minds. You like Obama, even though you weren't paying attention during his presidency. I grew to dislike Obama as I paid more attention and learned more about his agenda.

Yes we can agree, he is misunderstood by many of the people who supported his presidency. Although I was raised around moderate Democrats that didn't mean I automatically jumped on the Democrat bandwagon. I took time to really listen to Obama, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives , Republicans and Conservatives. And the more I heard, the more I disliked, also realizing he didn't like or have any interest in a large segment of the American people.... I moved right. Now I do realize there are extremists within both parties but Obama and modern Democrats weren't the moderate Democrats. The Democrat party has been taken over by the extreme liberals and progressives.

I'm very good at reading people visually. I don't have to pay attention to the political details (like economy numbers and things like that) to know what kind of person he was or even watch him all the time. Plus I'm paying more attention now. I just watched parts of the previous White House Correspondent's dinners yesterday for example. My observation hasn't changed. The first time I saw my ex he looked ugly to me. I couldn't generate any positive feelings to him and I couldn't figure out why. Years later he screws my mom over.
I have predicted every celebrity to come out of the closet. Sometimes it goes deeper. My coach didn't outwardly show anything negative but I knew she did not care about me. The only reason I worked with her was because I did not have any one else. Bam she drops me months later.
You may not believe me. I don't really care just saying that one doesn't always have to pay much attention to get the basic picture of a person. The only difference is not paying as much attention I might not know all the actions.
Also one can "not like" a large segment of people but still care about their lives. I wouldn't say I liked that many people because many people are aholes and some I just simply don't connect with but that doesn't mean I always wish bad things for them. In fact I rarely do..unless they have really hurt me.

What is your Myers Briggs type?

Quote:

We take care of our own first, then once our country is in a good place, only then can we be in the position to help others and at that point we should.
Define "our own" because Obama did not have just foreign policies. Does our own not include other minorities like gays?

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-28-2017 at 08:56 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does the Bible say about obeying the laws of the land, the Ten Commandments and not taking from others what doesn't belong to you?
Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

Define "our own" because Obama did not have just foreign policies. Does our own not include other minorities like gays?
I thought very little of Obama's coddling of Wall Street at the expense of the rest of the country. I really hated his bombing and killing who knows how many thousands of innocent people in many countries. I also supported gay marriage before Obama did.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I'm very good at reading people visually. I don't have to pay attention to the political details (like economy numbers and things like that) to know what kind of person he was or even watch him all the time. Plus I'm paying more attention now. I just watched parts of the previous White House Correspondent's dinner yesterday for example. My observation hasn't changed. The first time I saw my ex he looked ugly to me. I couldn't generate any positive feelings to him and I couldn't figure out why. Years later he screws my mom over.
I have predicted every celebrity to come out of the closet. Sometimes it goes deeper. My coach didn't outwardly show anything negative but I knew she did not care about me. The only reason I worked with her was because I did not have any one else. Bam she drops me months later.
You may not believe me. I don't really care just saying that one doesn't always have to pay much attention to get the basic picture of a person. The only difference is not paying as much attention I might not know all the actions.
Also one can "not like" a large segment of people but still care about their lives. I wouldn't say I liked that many people because many people are aholes and some I just simply don't connect with but that doesn't mean I always wish bad things for them. In fact I rarely do..unless they have really hurt me.

Having worked in the healthcare for 20 years, I am very good at reading people, even having the ability to to assess a persons health status just by looking at them. This is not unusual for people who in healthcare but that's a one on one interaction... (observant). But that doesn't mean that I don't use tools and my knowledge to confirm my assessment (thinking and judging).

Old 03-28-2017, 09:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Yes we can agree, he is misunderstood by many people who supported his presidency. I was raised around moderate Democrats, that didn't mean I automatically jumped on the Democrat bandwagon. I took time to really listen to all voices.

The more I heard, the more I disliked Obama and his agenda, also realizing he disliked and had no interest in a large segment of the American people.... I moved right.

Now I do realize there are extremists within both parties but Obama and modern Democrats weren't the Joe Manchin moderate Democrats. The Democrat party has been taken over by extreme lefitst.. liberals and progressives and I just can't get on board with their agenda. We take care of our own first, then once our country is in a good place, only then can we be in the position to help others and at that point we should.
From a Canadian point of view the Clinton and Obama seemed more slightly right of Centre than far left?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I'm very good at reading people visually. I don't have to pay attention to the political details (like economy numbers and things like that) to know what kind of person he was or even watch him all the time. Plus I'm paying more attention now. I just watched parts of the previous White House Correspondent's dinners yesterday for example. My observation hasn't changed. The first time I saw my ex he looked ugly to me. I couldn't generate any positive feelings to him and I couldn't figure out why. Years later he screws my mom over.

Now lets talk about "politicians" who's goal is to SELL himself or herself to me to gain my support and vote, it's advertising, the handlers know their target and the techniques they'll use on each group. One technique is to appeal to emotions, widely used by liberals, that's why they are called bleeding heart liberals. This purpose can satisfy the groups emotional need such as electing the first black president, or the first woman president.

Another tactic is appealing to fears: For example... during the 2012 campaign Joe Biden.. "They'll put you back in chains". Did people really believe that?

Those are just two tactics that politicians use to gain support.

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies