Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
be black
It only took 23 posts. Sad.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
From a Canadian point of view the Clinton and Obama seemed more slightly right of Centre than far left?
Well being that I am not a Canadian I can not have an opinion. Here in the U.S., modern Democrats are not the Joe Manchin moderate Democrats Americans across the country have supported in the past.

And thank you for reminding me of another fear monger technique used in an attempt to gain women's support. Fear mongering in an attempt to scare me as a woman.... "The war on women".

Old 03-28-2017, 09:35 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Some of you Christians lost the CHRIST in what you claim you are.

Face it, Obama was black, and that ticked off many. We aren't stupid, it was very transparent.
Yes, let's just blame it on race because it's the lazy way out. There are a lot posts on this thread with valid concerns, why don't you address some of them instead of throwing out the race card?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm answering as a Democrat who's disgusted with their party. Obama was a do nothing president as far as I'm concerned. He cared more about global warming than more serious problems that he could have addressed. I appreciate the gay marriage decision as many of my friends are gay - but the transgender bathroom policy is stupid.

The hate from me is that he made even more of a mess with the racial division - creating more havoc. Instead of setting an example - he catered to those that want to blame everything on race be they white or black.

The problem with your question is that you are grouping people into categories. If they dislike Obama - they must be Republicans - or if they voted for Trump - they must be Republicans. The party is just something a person chose to be registered with at a young age so they could vote. Most of us joined the party - our parents belonged to. Fortunately - many of us think for themselves and don't just follow party lines.
I'm an independent, and voted for him twice (although in retrospect I don't know if I would). He annoyed me at the beginning of his presidency when he constantly would keep mentioning how Bush put us in the situation we were in. As the President, he should have just taken ownership of the current problems. Even with the failed rollout of the ACA exchange, he didn't take ownership of the failed rollout. Kathleen Seibeilus (sp?) ended up resigning and took responsibility, but the ultimate responsibility falls with him and he never seemed willing to take responsibility. That is the thing that annoyed me most about him. He just didn't seem or act very Presidential to me.

Regarding the racial thing. Interestingly, in talking to some of my black friends, a lot of them tell me they don't feel that he spoke out enough on racial issues. I feel like he felt that there were some issues that he had to address being the first black president. People always say that racial division got worse under him, but as a white person, I was never overly offended by anything he did/say. He was the President in the height of the social media era, so a lot more of these racial issues came to light, but I can't honestly say that he was responsible for any more racial division. I think that's more of a product of social media propagating things. Again, many of my black friends think he just barely scratched the surface on speaking out on racial issues.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obamacare and the lack of reason to first wait until the facts came out when a shooting between cops and black people occurred.

That is the main cause for the racial tensions to increase and I blame Obama for that!

Obamacare should have been a bipartisan bill.
They wouldn't even vote for Trumpcare, which actually went even further to the right when they presented it to the freedom caucus then it was known publicly, and somehow you wanted Obamacare to be a bipartisan bill? lolol. Your complete naivete amuses me, and your assessment that obama was the cause of racial tension is laughable.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Define "our own" because Obama did not have just foreign policies. Does our own not include other minorities like gays?
Our own includes "all" Americans. We may have different views but for most part, we generally have the same wants of being free to live the life we choose as long as it doesn't hurt others. Why is it that people think we have to agree on everything and march in lockstep? And if you don't agree with one group they attempt to demonize you? There's even a such thing as two people who disagree and both being right. This lockstep mentality is the evil.

I do however have an issue with Americans who are able, but refuse to pull their weight. Everyone who is able should contribute to society in their own way, to do otherwise (a taker) is abusive toward the tax payer. There is nothing better than helping if you can, it feels good. But to be expected to always cary the same people who refuse to try is abuse.

Someone's refusal to also try to stand as someone is pulling them up hurts others. It's the same idea as trying to pull someone who is unconscious and is dead weight hurts your back.

I also have an issue with archaic policies that hurt instead of help people. There are people who want to try to get off welfare but are trapped in poverty by the rules of welfare.

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2017 at 09:54 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 09:44 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It only took 23 posts. Sad.
Too bad it didn't stop there!

Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Too bad it didn't stop there!
Unfortunately, there is no shortage of leftists who want to scream "You're racist!" from the rooftops. They're just kids repeating the Democrats' failed campaign strategy.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
He increased our taxes significantly. And now (thanks to Obama) you have to pay 20% tax when you want to take money out of the country, if it's above a certain amount. So that would mean a total of ~70% tax.
Wow, what tax is this?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post

Regarding the racial thing. Interestingly, in talking to some of my black friends, a lot of them tell me they don't feel that he spoke out enough on racial issues. I feel like he felt that there were some issues that he had to address being the first black president. People always say that racial division got worse under him, but as a white person, I was never overly offended by anything he did/say. He was the President in the height of the social media era, so a lot more of these racial issues came to light, but I can't honestly say that he was responsible for any more racial division. I think that's more of a product of social media propagating things. Again, many of my black friends think he just barely scratched the surface on speaking out on racial issues.
You're missing it. Think of it this way. You're young, play baseball, shortstop, and the batter on the opposing team hits the ball right to you but you don't handle the ball as you should and miss a double play. Do you blame everyone else and the next game make the same mistake or do you get out there, practice, learning from your mistake so that won't happen again, end up achieving major league status. Obama encouraged blame, instead of using his opportunity as a black president to encourage people to get out there and play hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies