Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 01:14 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yeah....

As if the left never called Trump orange/ Cheeto

Or wearing a toupee...

Or Chris Christie fat......

Or accused anyone of being a white supremacist.

Or.....
umm, where do you see presenters making nasty comments about appearance of republicans?

You might have some, i am simply not aware of it. I am open to learning more.

I understand comedians make fun of trump, and sessions etc. But i don't See even Maddow calling trump a cheeto. or are you just trying to conflate yourself a defense for Fox...

Old 03-29-2017, 01:16 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
I don't know why he even had to go there. Instead of answering the question or commenting about what she said, he talks about her hair? What a moron.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Liberals jizzing themselves that this might be the end of Fox lol

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I can't stand O'Reilly either. He's such a pompous a**. But I really, honestly think it's racist against black people to claim a white person can never joke or criticize them. It implies that they are helpless. And the same applies to women in general. It flies in the face of what feminism is supposed to be about (women are as capable as men). And it flies in the face of what anti-discrimination should be about for the same reason. I hate this new trend in both movements.
Yeah. It's annoying. I know quite a few black people too who were like at this entire situation.

You can't be white and make fun of a black person, regardless of what the context of the joke is.

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
As a black man, the only thing that pisses me off wit this story is how the liberal media is making this a "racist" issue, when all dude said was "she has a James Brown wig". So...comparing a black person to another black person is ....racist? Grrr. The media needs to stop racebaiting everything. Yes, Bill OReally is a douche and might be prejudice in real life, but what was said here didn't seem racist to me at all.

I mean, look at the comparison. You gotta admit, it's a kinda funny joke coming from an older conservative dude.
When you can show me a video of him talking about a white female congresswoman in the same way, then you'd have a point. This **** is outta line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
The similarity between the two hairstyles is uncanny and funny. Making it more than that is just silly. Especially when I think of the things said right here in this forum about Melania Trump and Kelly Conway.

Lighten the f up, people. Laugh more and be outraged less.
Nah...I'll lighten up when it's appropriate. This ain't the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think you are both right. O'Reilly made a mistake, acknowledged it, apologized, story over.

At the same time, if Chappelle said it, many of the same people who are criticizing O'Reilly would be laughing. Or at the very least, silent. A double standard does exist.
It's not over, and OReilly ain't no comedian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So black women are sacrosanct? No white person could ever make a joke about a black person because it's automatically racist? That's racist if you ask me. People say put away the crack pipe to a white person and it's fine, but can't say it about a black person because they're special?
Again, show me where O'Reilly has shown this level of disrespect to many of the white female congresswomen he's had contentious interviews with!!

You can't. Why? Because he knows it's over the line. So why should THIS instance just be glossed over?

When has any white congressman or woman ever been told to "put the crack pipe down?" Oh yeah... never.

If O'Reilly wants to be a comedian, find another venue for it. But to clown a lawmaker like that on TV is highly disrespectful.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah. It's annoying. I know quite a few black people too who were like at this entire situation.

You can't be white and make fun of a black person, regardless of what the context of the joke is.
Yeah, sure you know all those blacks who rolled their eyes.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
When a white male news anchor tells a black congresswoman to "step away from the crackpipe" he's invoking a deep history of racist pathology. The thing is, attempting to project your own racist caricatures onto black women reflects much more about your character than it does theirs.

Whiteness has always attempted to preserve itself by delegitimizing those who represent a threat to its position on the social hierarchy. When Maxine Waters criticizes Trump that anchor sees it as a threat to his own social standing. His own sense of legitimacy is tied to Trump.

Shout out to Maxine Waters and every other black woman who's been trying to tell us what's up even when folks didn't want to listen.
Which "anchor" are you talking about exactly? Please provide a link to prove your "crack pipe" comment was ever made.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, sure you know all those blacks who rolled their eyes.

What? I don't know black people who ...don't think this is racist?

So my sister who said this is stupid...I don't know her?

Weird.

Welp, thanks for thinking for me.

Seriously, stop talking FOR people who you don't even know. Not everyone thinks the same way you do.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:30 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Sure would be nice to see some white feminists do a little defending of this woman.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Sure would be nice to see some white feminists do a little defending of this woman.
Nope. black women fall into the liberal subgroup of "People of Color". So no feminists need to come to the rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies