Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't know what's up with some of you pot lovers. You have it and smoke it whenever you want anyway, most with the ruse of calling it medical. Grow up and worry about something a little bit more important than getting high.
Do you drink alcohol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 06:36 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People should have the right...
Yep.
Quote:
The war on drugs doesn't and never will work.
Nope. I've been of the same opinion for 26 years (I'm 42 y.o.). I read Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs last year.
Quote:
I don't see Trump doing this. The private prison industry and the religious right...
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have to ponder what the issue is here. Does the Bible lay out a framework for which substances are sins and which are sky-daddy-approved? I'm a lifelong atheist and not the biggest Bible scholar, but wasn't Jesus stoned on the streets of Galilee?

Old 03-30-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The medicinal benefits of pot are greatly exaggerated.
Your right to dictate, using the coercive power of government, what I do on my property with my body and my mind is too.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I don't know what's up with some of you pot lovers. You have it and smoke it whenever you want anyway, most with the ruse of calling it medical. Grow up and worry about something a little bit more important than getting high.

Like 3AM Twitter rants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh, and since weed became legal in Colorado, it has created over 18,000 full-time jobs.
Now THIS is what I am talking about!

There's a demand. Let's fill it, and grow the economy (and tax revenue) at the same time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Telling people to "grow up" when you CLEARLY have no idea what you're talking only makes you look silly
It sure does. It's not 1984. It's 2017.

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Great post. We have way too many drug addicts running around already.
I don't even know where to begin... oh wait, yes I do! Go drink a 1/5th of whiskey and a 12 pack of suds and tell us how bad the drug problems are. Nobody has EVER died from overdosing on THC, while alcohol kills thousands each year, not to mention the long term effects, and is involved in 70% of all violent crimes.Your ignorance precedes both of you. At this point you are in the minority and losing ground quick.

OP: why didn't the Head in Chief do it? He used cocaine and pot regularly as a teen and young adult. He would have sealed the deal for HRC if he had made that one of his last EOs, which he had 8 years to do.

The commercial prison machine and legal system (lawyers, cops, judges, rehabs) make too much damn money on the backs on innocent people who prefer a natural buzz than getting ripped on alcohol with all the side effects.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Many pain killers are addictive and pot can be a reasonably effective replacement for many of them without the addictive qualities.
Exactly. If someone replaces opioid usage with cannabis usage, why would we start arguing "well the effects are exaggerated." Who cares? As far as I can tell, getting people away from opiates / opioids is a laudable goal, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Certainly, the movement to legalize has precedent.
Yes.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:43 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
The AG is totally against Decriminalizing Marijuana - and he (Sessions) is likely to try a crackdown.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:44 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have to ponder what the issue is here. Does the Bible lay out a framework for which substances are sins and which are sky-daddy-approved? I'm a lifelong atheist and not the biggest Bible scholar, but wasn't Jesus stoned on the streets of Galilee?
The religious right is opposed to any mind-altering substances. Many of them would support banning alcohol if they could (many Bible Belt states still have dry counties) and alcohol is only barely legal in far-right states like Oklahoma. As long as the religious right maintains its support for the war on drugs and its opposition to legal cannabis, I don't see federal policy changing, at least under this administration with this Congress.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you drink alcohol?
No I don't.

Alcohol and tobacco and certainly dope should be illegal for the high medical costs to society it costs.

Ban it all. No redeeming qualities from any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies