Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 12:18 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, there are many ugly men and women without being transgender. So who are we to judge them by their looks.
That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

What does a woman look like to you? What does a man look like? Is a female, who is a very butch lesbian, any less of a woman?

What makes someone a woman or a man? Is there any way to tell if they are a woman or a man without asking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 01:04 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
1. Protection against discrimination in regards to employment
2. Protection against discrimination in regards to housing
3. Insurance coverage for medical care of their biological "parts" when their legal gender has been changed - like a transgender woman getting a prostate exam or a transgender man getting a pap smear.
4. To not be assaulted/killed merely for being transgender

Things like that.

Basically: Transgender folks just want to be able to blend back into society as the gender they present themselves as.

This pretty much sums it up.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:03 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
As I explained to you before in a separate thread, they should have to use the female restroom because they are female.

People cannot change their sex, it is a biological impossiblilty. People who support transgender individuals always are saying that sex and gender are distinct. This is because it is necessary if transgender people aren't delusional. If this is the case, then it should be perfectly reasonable for males that think they are women, to use the male restroom, and females who think they are men, to use the female restroom. Bathrooms, locker rooms and similar facilities are seperated by sex, not gender. So the gender of the individual should make zero difference when using these facilities.
I understand that you do not understand the concept of gender, but that is all right.

Someone who identifies with the male gender and who looks like a man should use the men's room.

Someone who identifies with the female gender and looks like a woman should use the ladies room.

Whether you think that you can tell by looking at someone whether he or she is transgender matters not a whit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If a transgender who looked like a female went into the men's room....how do you think the men would react. It would be the same thing if a transgender who looked like a male went into the women's bathroom. Some are paranoid and judgmental. The fact is you would have no idea if a transgender used the bathroom when you were also in it. So I really can't understand your logic.
The poster you are responding to is hung up on sex and genitals. He does not get the concept of gender. There is no logic involved.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
1. Protection against discrimination in regards to employment
2. Protection against discrimination in regards to housing
3. Insurance coverage for medical care of their biological "parts" when their legal gender has been changed - like a transgender woman getting a prostate exam or a transgender man getting a pap smear.
4. To not be assaulted/killed merely for being transgender

Things like that.

Basically: Transgender folks just want to be able to blend back into society as the gender they present themselves as.
What does that even mean? In order for transgenderism to actually exist, one must remove all objective definitions of gender and ties to the concept of sex. So, what does it even mean to present yourself as a gender?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I understand that you do not understand the concept of gender, but that is all right.

Someone who identifies with the male gender and who looks like a man should use the men's room.

Someone who identifies with the female gender and looks like a woman should use the ladies room.

Whether you think that you can tell by looking at someone whether he or she is transgender matters not a whit.

The poster you are responding to is hung up on sex and genitals. He does not get the concept of gender. There is no logic involved.
I actually do understand the real definition of gender. I don't understand your definition of gender.

Please define gender in the way you use it.

What about someone who identifies with the "male gender" and doesn't look like a man, what restroom should they use?

What about someone who identifies with the "female gender" and doesn't look like a woman, what restroom should they use?

What about someone who is a biological female, identifies as a woman, but doesn't look like one, what restroom should they use?

What about someone who is a biological male, identifies as a man, but doesn't look like one, what restroom should they use?

What does it mean to look like a man or woman?

Isn't discriminating against people based on the way they look, unfair?

Here is the thing about discrimination, it is generally considered wrong when the attributes you are discriminating by are irrelevant to the situation in which the discrimination is occuring.

Let me provide an example. It is wrong to discriminate against a wheelchair bound person who seeks a programming job because their disability doesn't have any affect on their job performence. However, it is perfectly reasonable to discriminate against a wheelchair bound person who seeks a job as a roofer because their diability completely affects their job performence.

One's gender (when the definition isn't tied to sex) or how one looks has zero affect on how one uses the bathroom. Therefore it would be wrong to separate bathrooms by gender. However, one's sex most certainly has an affect on how one uses the bathroom. Therefore it wouldn't be wrong to separate bathrooms by sex.

Bathrooms that have been segregated have always been so on the basis of sex. It doesn't make any sense to change that to bathrooms segregated by gender. If you want to make the argument that bathrooms should be unisex, that is a completely different argument, one that makes much more sense from a logical perspective than separating by gender.

Last edited by Iaskwhy; 03-30-2017 at 03:06 AM..

Old 03-30-2017, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I went to a concert a couple weeks ago and one of the the singers was trans. If this guy with a beard, hairy arms and a man's body stepped into the women's rest room, people would call the police on him. So, no, anatomy has little to do with it. There are hundreds of great resources online that you can access to find out what it's really like and what the issues are.
You have missed what some are saying I think: anatomy does have something to do with it: just what you said: men's body: men's restroom: women's body, women's restroom. End of story for me.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
I personally don't care what trans people do, or what they think they are.

I also personally do not think that gender dysphoria is anything but a mental illness. I don't think it's normal at all, and I don't have to "accept" it. I don't have to "embrace" it. I don't "tolerate" it either. I just ignore it.

To me, Chastity Bono is not now nor will she ever be male. She's female. Bruce Jenner is not Caitlyn. Bruce Jenner is a man dressed up like a woman. Period.

But hey...pee where you want to pee. Just leave me alone and please stop trying to shove your mental illness down my throat. Leave me be and I'll leave you be.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:11 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
"What are transgender people actually fighting for?"

Think of all the jobs they will be creating. Construction workers will be transforming old bathrooms into family bathrooms. Maybe someone can invent an urinal so those without penises can stand while peeing. The possibilities are endless.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 AM

212 posts, read 135,997 times
To normalize their degeneracy. That's what degenerates always want. In a society where degeneracy is normalized and moral obfuscation prevails, degenerates can't be judged for what they really are, resulting in the moral decay they cause actually being seen as a virtue and celebrated.

In a mouth full of rotting teeth, it is the healthy tooth that is abnormal and the target of disease-causing bacteria. That is what they are seeking.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You have missed what some are saying I think: anatomy does have something to do with it: just what you said: men's body: men's restroom: women's body, women's restroom. End of story for me.
And like I said, when a guy comes waltzing into the bathroom you're in, you better zip it & not complain.

Your argument is completely effing ridiculous & you know it. I cannot wait when that scenario happens to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies