Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 04:27 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,692,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Given the philosophy of reform Judaism, I'm not surprised by your remarks. When wanting to learn more about the Jewish faith, I take it upon myself to talk to the more orthodox or conservative Jews.
Do you think conservative or fundamentalist christians most accurately represent the Christian faith as well?

Old 03-31-2017, 04:34 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,692,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You converting is you assimilationist to them. There is division among Jews in this case. You will not be considered a native Jew by many in the over all sect. Some Jews don't even give a crap about the religion, some consider it a race. Judaism the religion of course has the Abrahamic Covenant which means i was considered a practice, not a race.

Sure, calling my post rubbish is flattering. So was your comment , about how stupid I was for pointing out its been its been the case for centuries as if anything has changed, all while ignoring the second link so conveniently . I just do what I usually do when people insult me. I expose their ignorance with irrefutable references.

I have read through the Mishnah, the Talmud, The Jewish Encyclopedia , the bible, and Josephus. What did I miss, your last Mitzvah ?

Nehemiah
30 “We promise not to give our daughters in marriage to the peoples around us or take their daughters for our sons.
31 “When the neighboring peoples bring merchandise or grain to sell on the Sabbath, we will not buy from them on the Sabbath or on any holy day. Every seventh year we will forgo working the land and will cancel all debts.

Acts 11
11 The apostles and the believers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him 3 and said, “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.”
Acts may not be your scripture, but given its consistency its shows the exclusiveness attached to the religion. Its not tolerant of assimilation . It never has been. Roman historians noted this.

Judaism has always seen some measure of discord between other peoples as a good thing because it prevents assimilation. Solomon's corruption(women from other nations) was even blamed for the fall of the kingdom.

And uh, are you a woman? Ever notice how Levantine religions make it a lot easier to women to "assimilate". If it meant cutting off a nipple, it might be a little more balanced.

If you have read the Bible you know how easy it is to pull out wackadoodle things from there and how unfair it would be to use ancient texts to classify all members of a religion, correct? Unless you think it is fair to say Christian's want to stone to death people who work on Sundays? Or at they want to kill children who talk back?

Cherry picking individual pieces of an ancient test, to try to make generalizations about so large and diverse a group as "Jews" is meaningless.

Nearly every Jewish family I know has many children who marry outside the faith. It is to the point where conversion is no longer seen as necessary by many, and children of non-Jewish mothers, like myself, are still welcome members of the community and faith. may e you should specify that you are referring to fundamentalists like the hessitim or other Orthodox Jewish groups, which btw, no more represent most Jews at the west baptist church represents most christians.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,424,397 times
Left-liberal ideology working hand in hand with capitalism and globalism = modern Judaism (which no longer has a religious component unless you consider secularism and atheism to be religions).

It's no accident that big business supports liberal democrats and multiculturalism. Occupy Wall Street and Wall Street itself are basically the same thing.

Jews have created a comfort zone for themselves, one they think is safe if it pays lip service to social justice, prevents dominance by whites or any other non-Jewish racial group, and that actually allows business to rule the world instead of governments.

The conflict between capitalism and "social justice" has been eliminated by making superficial social justice a marketable commodity and creating a society of "inclusion" that -- in fact -- only allows the top 1% and its lackeys in government, the media, the universities, the schools, Hollywood, entertainment and business to control the levers of power -- not just at home, but all over the world.

Globalization decenters the locus of power in individual countries, making power itself immune to democratic and nationalist intervention.

What I have described is very much intentional and planned. It represents the New World Order that came into being after WW II.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:47 AM

17,321 posts, read 11,210,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Because as has been stated over and over again, with every group delineated along, ethnic, racial or religious lines, we are not homogenous.

You seem to think that because someone is jewish their religion means they have a particular view point about Israel and the associated politics AND that those views are the major determining factor for how they vote. That is a mistake.

Being a member of a liberal family that is jewish as well, Israel is not the most important issue for most of us. In fact it is rather far down the list of concerns. Additionally, having great-great grandparents who skipped out of Russia just before WWI, they more closely relate to European jews than Israel. And they know that the growing hatred of the Muslims in this country, is very similar to what happened in Europe. It makes many of us, advocates for freedom of all religions.
Well of course that's true. The big question to me is why are Jews so overwhelmingly liberal. It's not like Jews as a whole are divided fairly evenly between being liberal or conservative. It just seems illogical because of the Democrats lukewarm attitude towards Israel and the fact that some of the biggest and most vocal Jew haters on this planet are Muslims but I'm not a religious scholar nor pretend to know much about Judaism. I don't want to stereotype, but I had some Jewish friends in high school and they were the nicest and most intelligent, family oriented people I've ever met in my life. Other than Black Americans, no other group votes for the democratic party in as large a percentage.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Why Are Jews Liberal?

Old 03-31-2017, 07:15 AM

24,378 posts, read 23,000,801 times
Maybe they like to feel persecuted. If I was jewish, I'd have dropped the democrat party years ago. Same thing if I was black I'd have dropped them for taking me for granted and keeping me down. But, its not like the GOP has done much for either of them, either.
But you are right that they do seem to both to be slowly slipping away from the democrat party and the GOP begun to make slight inroads in gaing their support. But the DNC has been targeting the Spanish immigrant voters to counter that and sees them as the future voter most important to them.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:20 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,926,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Left-liberal ideology working hand in hand with capitalism and globalism = modern Judaism (which no longer has a religious component unless you consider secularism and atheism to be religions).

It's no accident that big business supports liberal democrats and multiculturalism. Occupy Wall Street and Wall Street itself are basically the same thing.

Jews have created a comfort zone for themselves, one they think is safe if it pays lip service to social justice, prevents dominance by whites or any other non-Jewish racial group, and that actually allows business to rule the world instead of governments.

The conflict between capitalism and "social justice" has been eliminated by making superficial social justice a marketable commodity and creating a society of "inclusion" that -- in fact -- only allows the top 1% and its lackeys in government, the media, the universities, the schools, Hollywood, entertainment and business to control the levers of power -- not just at home, but all over the world.

Globalization decenters the locus of power in individual countries, making power itself immune to democratic and nationalist intervention.

What I have described is very much intentional and planned. It represents the New World Order that came into being after WW II.
Where do you get this from? Capitalism is left-wing? Occupy Wall Street and Wall Street itself are basically the same thing?

Old 03-31-2017, 07:21 AM

17,321 posts, read 11,210,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Maybe they like to feel persecuted. If I was jewish, I'd have dropped the democrat party years ago. Same thing if I was black I'd have dropped them for taking me for granted and keeping me down. But, its not like the GOP has done much for either of them, either.
But you are right that they do seem to both to be slowly slipping away from the democrat party and the GOP begun to make slight inroads in gaing their support. But the DNC has been targeting the Spanish immigrant voters to counter that and sees them as the future voter most important to them.
No, the DNC has not been targeting Spanish immigrant voters. Spanish immigrants are from Spain. They are targeting Latin American immigrant voters.
The vast majority of Latin American immigrant voters can no more be called Spanish than Americans can be called English.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,926,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
As a Jew, your assumptions that you group an entire religion together and think you know how they think, e.g. persecuted, is insulting.

Basically, this boils down to the philosophies and values of each of the two major parties. Based upon the policies that come out of each, the Democratic Party, which created programs such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, and the ACA, clearly favor policies that help the middle class and poor. The Republican Party opposed every one of those programs and when they are in power push tax-cuts for the rich and regulation cuts for the corporations.

Your comment that the Democrats want to 'keep me [blacks] down' stems from the dependency meme -- that providing people with government services makes them dependent. According to conservatives, it's better to let people starve.

But the whole idea that subjecting people to starvation and homelessness creates an incentive to work is just an excuse for selfishness. Throughout most of human history the poor were left to starve and die in the streets and it didn't provide them the incentive to lift themselves out of poverty. Yet, conservatives contend the poor are worse off with government help.

Perhaps Jews see the basic moral disconnect with Republicans and vote Democratic.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:47 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,352,372 times
I'm an Orthodox Jew. I trust neither major party in the US. I voted for Moschiach in this recent election. The only One we can rely on is Hashem. Drop the mic.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:09 AM

68,303 posts, read 54,251,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I said Christianity, not Christians. I wasn't referring to physical attacks. Basically, the Jews have been trying to undermine Christianity since the middle-ages. They have always made a concerted effort to mock Christianity.
As I asked for examples. Should I have said specific examples? I have yet to see any.

But if true it would raise the question of why the supposedly Christian US would side with Israel so strongly?

Last edited by burdell; 03-31-2017 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies