Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 03:45 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And of course then you have to meet all the other restrictions the state imposes. Restrictions that the poor can't afford. I mean, a woman has to go to Little Rock and receive in-person counseling. And then wait 48 hours before she can have the procedure. How many poor people can take off from work for three days and afford hotels on top of paying for the abortion? We're talking about people making less than $10/hr. And it can take hours to drive to Little Rock.
I live in Texas. You don't have to convince me of how totally retarded these laws are. Its easier for a woman outside of Austin (where I live) to actually leave the state for an abortion. TRAP Laws infuriate me. They are pointless, transparent, and ultimately, unconstitutional.

But my main concern is that women know where they CAN go, and supporting those facilities so that they can continue to provide care. Not so interested in arguing over whose freakin' fault this all is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 03:50 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
There are a lot of things you can do to help you induce an abortion yourself! Search the net! Start eating that moldy rye bread and work your way up the knowledge scale! God helps those that help themselves! Then the next month, you can refer to it as a heavy period!

Old 03-30-2017, 03:51 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you know that a baby has it's own heartbeat and bloodstream and circulatory system after 20-24 days? Anything after that is taking the life.

What is the earliest premie baby born? About 5 months?

Yes - I have an agenda to protect life. So what? Is that OK? Should I live without agendas and preferences?
But if democrats detect an ice crystal on a far off planet, it's called proof of life.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:53 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If they CAN'T PROVIDE for the children the reproduce, maybe the shouldn't.

I SHOULD have the right to keep the money I earn.

Taking what I earn and giving to people who reproduce and CAN"T afford the kids should NOT be the burden on the rest of us
if they can't provide? should we have a minimum salary for people who have kids? what about insurance for when you lose your job or get seriously ill?

we all "should" have the right to keep our money, but we do not get a choice where our tax dollars go for the most part. wondering just how much of "your" money is given to people who are a burden?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:54 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
At a place that provides it. Is this like difficult for you to figure out or something?
You're forgetting that these are the same people who can't figure out how to get an ID.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
But if democrats detect an ice crystal on a far off planet, it's called proof of life.
So water indicating potential for life? Yes, scientifically.

Red states are crowing on right wing blogs at what a win this is and all I can do is shake my head. When they see their communities grow increasingly poor as a percentage, maybe they will be able to connect the dots.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So water indicating potential for life? Yes, scientifically.

Red states are crowing on right wing blogs at what a win this is and all I can do is shake my head. When they see their communities grow increasingly poor as a percentage, maybe they will be able to connect the dots.
The Republicans in red states wouldn't care if their former constituents were as desperate and poor as the Donner Party. They might get uncomfortable if one of their numbers cooked a six month old baby on a barbeque spit (it tasted just like pork! ) but then ...it was already born ...so who gives a sh*t what happens to it! Now it's with GEEEEEEZUS!

Old 03-30-2017, 04:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
The Republicans in red states wouldn't care if their former constituents were as desperate and poor as the Donner Party. They might get uncomfortable if one of their numbers cooked a six month old baby on a barbeque spit (it tasted just like pork! ) but then ...it was already born ...so who gives a sh*t what happens to it! Now it's with GEEEEEEZUS!
Sadly so true. Brownback just vetoed Medicaid expansion in Kansas after it passed both houses and one of his excuses was Planned Parenthood. These Republicans are so obvious it's laughable but Kansas elected him TWICE so...

Old 03-30-2017, 04:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Like where? How many places provide abortions in Arkansas?
Are you saying the federal government should force a business to operate? Should I request a Lamborghini dealership as well? How about a steel mill? What other businesses do you think the federal government should force? And how do you think the federal government should force a business to be, well, in business?

If there is a demand for services, there will be a supply, this is basic economics.

I am still wondering how this restricts your freedom of choice. No one is stopping you from getting an abortion. If there is not a business offering this service, then the demand just is not there, and you will have to travel for the service, just as everyone does with other services.

I knew someone who had to travel over a 1000 miles for cancer treatment, and do this every six weeks for five rounds. No hospital in the area offered such specialized service. So I guess according to your logic, the government should have forced a business to operate at a loss due to a lack of demand? Or is your logic that abortion clinics should be everywhere like 7/11s are?

Old 03-30-2017, 04:20 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No it shouldn't but again, this is saving a dollar but spending millions. Poor people that cannot afford to plan their families result in many many poor children that result in making the parents even more pore, resulting in filling communities with more poor people, filling the schools with poor children that are less likely to finish school, less likely to go to college and more likely to perpetuate their circumstances on their next generation.
So what they have accomplished with this vote is to grant states the right to prohibit funding for low women at PP Clinics. Many millions of low income women will now have no alternative to the health care provider they use, they will also be denied access to education and birth control.

Does this make any sense at all, any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies