Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 01:45 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't have to do it. A non-profit already exists with an established system of clinics that provide care and services to millions of the poorest Americans.

Why don't you re-invent the wheel? Because you don't hesitate to demand that of others.
Get with the people that organized the women's marches. Hit up Soros. Get everyone together and take up donations for Planned Parenthood. Keep a piece of the action if you want. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 01:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Mike Pence Breaks Senate Tie To Allow States To Defund Planned Parenthood

Vice President Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote in the Senate on Thursday to overturn an Obama administration rule and allow states to withhold Title X family planning money from Planned Parenthood.

The Senate could have advanced the resolution with a 52-member majority, but moderate Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) voted with the Democrats to uphold the rule, leaving a tie. Pence, who has led the fight against reproductive rights for more than half a decade, voted with Republicans to move forward with the resolution.

The Title X federal grant program, enacted by President Richard Nixon in 1970, subsidizes preventive health care and family planning services for 4 million low-income Americans, roughly half of whom are uninsured. Planned Parenthood serves about a third of Title X patients, using the $70 million a year it receives in family planning grants to provide birth control and sexually transmitted infection screenings for people who can’t afford them.
Good.

Now it's up to the states to decide how they want to proceed.

Note to self: **** Murkowski and **** Collins!

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
OK - and that will be their prerogative.

It's a problem anytime an unmarried woman gets pregnant who is not able to care for her child. So we can kill the child. Or, we can let the child live and give him/her a chance.
OR you can provide effective long-term birth control, which PP does, and prevent both unwanted children and abortions.

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Not my job to guarantee one's quality of life.

I do want them to have the opportunity.

You guys act like no one has ever made a quality life out of tough life circumstances.

It's all doom and gloom because your pet issue has been knocked down a peg and will need to find some other funding. Welcome to the real world.
Yes, break through horrific circumstances. They are the exceptions, often write a book or have a movie made because they are rare.

I don't need to help a red state solve a problem they created. If they want to defund medical services that try to reduce poor and unplanned children by poor and struggling parents, they and their voters can pay the price.

If red states are working hard to create a problem that they will pay the price for, why should blue states stop them? Do it and pay the price.

When red state parents are complaining that half the kids in their school are on supplemental lunches because half the classes are children from very poor and struggling parents, they have themselves to blame.

This is like watching a slow moving car accident happen.

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes. We have millions of women relying on Planned Parenthood for education, birth control, STD testing. But let's get rid of Planned Parenthood. And then demand that people who defend Planned Parenthood because of all the good the do, go out and start from scratch to re-invent Planned Parenthood. Because that makes SO much sense.
No one is advocating for the removal of Planned Parenthood. They just need to sustain themselves without burdening people who don't want to be bothered with what they offer. If they are interested in helping - what happens in the government should not change their focus.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Great, now conservative states will have even more dirt-poor people reproducing another generation of dirt-poor people.
A more accurate statement could not be made.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
As opposed to murdering unborn children as a result of poor decision making or complete and total lack of responsibility? Liberalism, the new mental pandemic.
Yes, women who seek abortions are stupid, immoral, or irresponsible. How dare women do anything that YOU disapprove of? Punish them for having sex, I say, punish them severely!!!

Old 03-30-2017, 01:48 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
This is a stupid move. We need PP.

That said, the assertion that abortions only take place in red states is ridiculous. Nothing but elitist gobbledygook.

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well, thanks to Pence, I'll have a nice gig driving around Texas performing cheap abortions for only $99.95

How do I do it? I have an ice pick and hot dog tongs and one of those long, skinny flexible grabber thingies with the tri-claw end, that I got from the dollar store - in essence, a complete assortment of abortion tools!

What's my education background? - high school biology and I stayed at a Holiday Inn!

Look ...here comes the head ...it came off easy enough! Look there's a leg!

What do I do with the parts? Throw them in my Ninja and feed the results to my tropical fish. They love the stuff!!!

Honey, don't worry if I can't it all! You can drive to any Texas hospital and get the rest taken out ...now it's called a D&C and it's legal!

Making America Great Again ...at affordable prices!

There it is. Reality. Time to invest in wire Coat hangers.............

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
OR you can provide effective long-term birth control, which PP does, and prevent both unwanted children and abortions.
They can still do that. Nothing has changed in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies