Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA

That said, just because we have done it to others does that excuse Trump from consequences if it is true he aided and abetted Russia's interference into an American election? A former FBI agent testified today before the Senate that Russia stole voter registration data and used it to target fake news to selected areas of swing states. The agent said this could only have been done if someone in the Trump campaign helped them.
Both you and the former FBI agent involved should stand apprised that voter registration rolls are open records, subject by law to open and free inspection by the public. Many voter rolls (although perhaps not all) are available online, if not from the counties/parishes themselves, then from third-party vendors.

In any event, anybody can go down to the county/parish courthouse and inspect, abstract and (usually) make copies of voter registration rolls. It is possible in most counties/parishes to purchase a digital copy of the local voter registration rolls, as this information is public record. The cost: Probably around $100, and usually less.

The claim that voter registration data could only have come from the Trump campaign is transparently false. Frankly, I'm surprised an FBI agent would make such a ludicrous statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Default Russia has made a mistake...

..when all the smoke clears...people are going to be pissed. They're going to want someone to blame and Putin and Russia will fill the bill just fine.

I guess Putin shares Trump's aversion to reading history..many have underestimated the US..played our country for a fool. In the end they all regretted it. Joe Stalin had FDR's number--used him to put 1,000's of agents in place in our country...gave Berlin to the Russian's to sack, raping and killing babies, children and anyone else they could get their hands on--and yet..just where is the USSR now?

Underestimate us at your peril--the fringes of our political parties do NOT reflect the views or the will of most of the people. We are getting tired of this garbage-fest and someone is going to pay..bigly!

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBz4dfp?m=en-us

Last edited by EvilEyeFleegle; 03-30-2017 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 08:10 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...641.html%3Famp

Sen. Warner Points to Reports of 1,000 Russian Trolls Spreading

I know what the trumpies will say here. It's fake news.

Just read those articles and judge for yourself.
This Trumpy will say, as long as they are here legally, kudos to them.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:14 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This Trumpy will say, as long as they are here legally, kudos to them.
Silly as it sounds..yeah. So they lied and spread false reports everywhere...no-one forced the ignorant to believe them..that is on them.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I'm not sure. Many of the Trump supporters here claim they did not vote for Trump.
Why would a Trump supporter not vote for Trump?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Is this somehow trump supporters fault?
Not their fault, persay. But fervent Trump supporters (and the "Clinton is the Devil" crowd) ate up fake news and shared it like wildfire. So, no. It's not their fault that people were paid to create viral, false news.

That it became so widespread and has to be constantly proven to be false... yeah. That is absolutely on the most fervent of Trump supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
While I don't want foreign countries trying to influence our elections, I have to ask:

1. How many people do we deploy to do the same against other foreign countries elections?
2. How many actual physical deadly weapons do we insert into situations to do the same against other foreign elections?
3. How many domestic US citizens both Democrats and Republicans engage in the same behavior that the Russians supposedly did?

Politics is a VERY f'd up game and all this outrage over Russia should really be a moment of reflection rather than all of this faux outrage.
It should be a moment of reflection and a source of outrage.

Because people fell for this stuff. Hook, line, and sinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so foreign countries (not just Russia) did psychological operations against the fascist liberals just like they have been doing for decades...and you guys are butt hurt??
No. Just pointing out the obvious to people who refused to believe it was happening.

Quote:
how about the trolling the DNC did against Bernie...are you upset about that....or not???
Yeah, actually. The DNC acted in a reprehensible way.

Quote:
how about the liberals abd obozo blaming bush for 8 years on everything they could imagine???
Easily the first term of Obama's presidency was spent trying to recover the economy from the worst recession since the Great Depression. Which, while efforts were made to curtail it by the Bush administration, it was still something that the Obama administration had to do extensive finishing work. The market crash in 2008 was big enough that it actually affected other countries. It wasn't going to be some easy fix.

But to be quite honest, while I am not a fan of Bush, I am nearly positive that if he knew how bad it was going to get, he would have done things differently so as to not leave behind an unfinished job. Especially based upon a number of speeches he gave regarding the crisis. Like this one.

Quote:
the hypocrisy of the fascist liberals is laughable
Pretty much every hyper-partisan person shows hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What could russia say about Clinton to make her look worse than she already does?
That she was involved in an underground child prostitution ring out of a pizza joint?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...641.html%3Famp

Sen. Warner Points to Reports of 1,000 Russian Trolls Spreading

I know what the trumpies will say here. It's fake news.

Just read those articles and judge for yourself.

How many did Hillary hire?

Much more than that I'm sure.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

It should be a moment of reflection and a source of outrage.

Because people fell for this stuff. Hook, line, and sinker.

I'll definitely buy that and appreciate the clarification. Its hard to take those seriously who only see the one side of this issue. Thanks for the unbiased and realistic response!

Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Silly as it sounds..yeah. So they lied and spread false reports everywhere...no-one forced the ignorant to believe them..that is on them.
what false reports did the boogie-man spread

Hillary was her own worst enemy..and NOTHING false was spread (by anyone) about her....the people finally got to hear the truth about the fascist liberals, the dnc, and hitlery

I guess being butt hurt over having your eyes opened to the truth of how crooked the fascist liberals are is certainly reason to cry like a melting snowflake

Old 03-30-2017, 09:02 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
what false reports did the boogie-man spread

Hillary was her own worst enemy..and NNOTHING false was spread (by anyone) about her....the people finally got to hear the truth about the fascist liberals, the dnc, and hitlery

I guess being butt hurt over having your eyes opened to the truth of how crooked the fascist liberals are is certainly reason to cry like a melting snowflake
This is exactly where I draw the line. I don't want Russia or other bad actors messing with our elections, but if they are exposing actual truth, its hard to be upset about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies