Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If my partner came to me and told me he was no longer going to be allow himself to be alone with another woman, my first thought would be, "What did he do?" Kind of like people who have couples Facebook pages - I always wondered which one cheated.

In the professional world, how can I take a man seriously if he doesn't trust himself to be alone in a room with me? How can I respect someone who doesn't respect me enough to be alone in a room with me? As a woman, I could *never* do this kind of thing and exist in the professional world. It's sad to me that a man can.
What if he was, and you made accusations afterward. It happens all the time in crazy world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 07:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
It's weird and dreams to his inability to control himself and his view of all women willing to be with him and his view of women. Archaic caveman.
... is your own fantasy.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:15 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Reminds me of the Duggars and their " side hugs only" while their fingering the underage sisters and later having affairs.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... is your own fantasy.
Good try but hardly.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The thing I find disgusting about the "I can't be alone with a woman" is the implication that women are only good for one thing. It is also pretty disgusting that men believe that they can't control themselves without witnesses.

It isn't that "leftists blah blah blah for being loyal to his wife". The disgust with his policy isn't about his wife at all, it is about his idea that women are only good for one thing. And, his policy has nothing to do with his loyalty to his wife.
What a narrow view. There are people everywhere who love to follow celebrities around and shoot secret photos around which they write sleazy stories for publication. Surely you aren't so naïve as to think this can't happen to Pence?

There are anti-administration people who are just chafing at the bit to 'get something' they can use to destroy the reputation of someone they oppose.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Some are going as far as comparing it to "Sharia law." Are they bitter that Pence isn't some cheater like Bill Clinton? Are they angry he is a faithful husband? I can't wrap my head around this.
We have no idea if Pence snorts coke, visits prostitutes and is bi-sexual.

I could care less about his wife - but there does seem to be some political evangelical influence going on when he may try to legislate that people don't have fun before marriage and other crazy stuff (abstinence, lack of woman's health and family planning).

That stuff we REALLY care about and if his wife - who is not in elected office - is involved in making things worse for women, yeah...then I would REALLY care.

Thanks for bring it to my attention. I'll look further into it and perhaps donate more to PP>

Old 03-31-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We have no idea if Pence snorts coke, visits prostitutes and is bi-sexual.

I could care less about his wife - but there does seem to be some political evangelical influence going on when he may try to legislate that people don't have fun before marriage and other crazy stuff (abstinence, lack of woman's health and family planning).

That stuff we REALLY care about and if his wife - who is not in elected office - is involved in making things worse for women, yeah...then I would REALLY care.

Thanks for bring it to my attention. I'll look further into it and perhaps donate more to PP>
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Liberals want everyone to live by liberal principles. Now they'll probably organize demonstrations. I wouldn't be surprised.
So having dinner with a female cousin or uncle or former colleague is "liberal". This is really getting weird - like Sharia Law coming to America.....or at the minimum "going Amish".

If one does believe in our "liberal democracy", then one should stay on the pulpit instead of entering political office. Being in political office means he represents the gay drug using cheater to the exact same extent as the "guy who screws only his wife" (or claims so, anyway).

Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The thing I find disgusting about the "I can't be alone with a woman" is the implication that women are only good for one thing. It is also pretty disgusting that men believe that they can't control themselves without witnesses.

It isn't that "leftists blah blah blah for being loyal to his wife". The disgust with his policy isn't about his wife at all, it is about his idea that women are only good for one thing. And, his policy has nothing to do with his loyalty to his wife.
I see no evidence that he holds such an idea. This is an unwarranted conclusion you have made based on your own prejudice and lack of understanding.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:24 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
What a narrow view. There are people everywhere who love to follow celebrities around and shoot secret photos around which they write sleazy stories for publication. Surely you aren't so naïve as to think this can't happen to Pence?

There are anti-administration people who are just chafing at the bit to 'get something' they can use to destroy the reputation of someone they oppose.
What if he is photographed with a man at a restaurant and laterr that man is found out to be a homosexual?

Did he ever have a meeting with that politician from Kansas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies