Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 09:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times

Advertisements

...this thread could take a sharp turn if the DC Police ever fish a naked hooker and Pence out of the reflecting pool with a pair of panties on top of his head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 09:46 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengis View Post
...this thread could take a sharp turn if the dc police ever fish a naked hooker and pence out of the reflecting pool with a pair of panties on top of his head
lol!

Old 03-31-2017, 09:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm not freaking out. It's weird, especially since he calls his wife "mother", but then I'm also pretty confident Pence is a raging closet case, so it doesn't really matter.
Pretty much. I also thought it was creepy that Reagan called Nancy "mommy".

But then my dad called my mom "mama" a lot of the time, and yes, when I got old enough to know some things, I thought it was weird. They had no issues with talking to folks of the opposite sex on their own, though - and they were definitely faithful to each other.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Some are going as far as comparing it to "Sharia law." Are they bitter that Pence isn't some cheater like Bill Clinton? Are they angry he is a faithful husband? I can't wrap my head around this.

Sometimes I have to wonder where you guys come up with this stuff. No, in fact, if Pence is devoted to his wife, I like him even better . Look at how close Barack is to Michele, that is something we always loved to see. There was no closer family anywhere than the Obamas, and if Pence and the Mrs. are that close, great.

Yeah, we are really "freaked out" because Pence happens to love his wife !

Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For crying out loud.

You all just elected a guy who can't stay monogamous, who brought his mistress along on a ski holiday with his wife and family.

^^^^This!

Old 03-31-2017, 09:55 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
...this thread could take a sharp turn if the DC Police ever fish a naked hooker and Pence out of the reflecting pool with a pair of panties on top of his head
/thread and start a new one for that when it happens.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:56 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think it's telling that he calls his wife "Mother." I knew one woman who called her husband "Daddy" and it was kind of repulsive.

Vice President Mike Pence calls his wife 'mother'

It almost sounds like Pence doesn't trust himself to be alone around women. I wonder why that might be? And like another poster suggested, this could pose a problem, since there are a number of female women leaders around the world that as a VP or President, he would be expected to meet with. Will "Mother" need to be present for all of them?
Right, our modern world clashes with that old fashioned modesty because women are in business and positions of power.

It isn't just him, I remember some Christian guys saying the same type of thing, and it was to avoid the appearance of impropriety and not to provoke gossip, not because they could not control themselves. It was supposed to be respectful of the wife and family in a traditional way.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:09 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
What is freaky is that he calls his wife MOTHER. I hate it when friends wives call their husband DADDY also. Just something so wrong with the thought of it...

Old 03-31-2017, 10:14 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
I totally support Pence's devotion to his wife, as long as his views on marriage don't translate into laws for everyone. If I ever get married, I want a strong, devoted relationship with my spouse.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:19 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Some are going as far as comparing it to "Sharia law." Are they bitter that Pence isn't some cheater like Bill Clinton? Are they angry he is a faithful husband? I can't wrap my head around this.
Lefties, praise it when people will cheat, lie and come into the country illegal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies