Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:20 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What if this were Obama under investigation for collusion with Russians?

I wonder if the conservatives would be downplaying things, saying that there was "no real crime committed."

Hmmm....I wonder.

Obama and Trump should be called to testify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 08:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:

I wonder if the conservatives would be downplaying things, saying that there was "no real crime committed."

Hmmm....I wonder.
If Obama was accused of colluding with the Russians to effect an election, the Republicans would give President Obama the benefit of the doubt and not insist that this be investigated any further.

Who am I kidding? APRIL FOOLS!

The Republicans, as Chuck Shumer said, would be howling at the moon. We already have witnessed countless investigations of HRC on Benghazi that yielded nothing and should have yielded nothing because there was no wrongdoing. The Russian intervention is far more serious and we don't even know if it is ongoing.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:33 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then why waste the time? No laws were broken, or the FBI would have swaulked, like they did with Hillary.
Maybe there was no "intent"..... LOL!
The FBI and senate are still investigating we will know when it is concluded, Nunes isn't in any rush with his investigation.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It's called treason.

Johnny ,tell the man what he has won!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:

Hmmm....I wonder.
These things work both ways.

I have no doubt that the liberals would be saying that there is zero evidence of Obama's involvement and that the right was on a witch hunt.
And let's not forget "racism". "They are only doing this because Obama is black. They can't stand seeing a black man in a position of power."

Old 04-01-2017, 12:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Well, let's see....

As Secretary of State, Hillary signed off on a deal that gave Russia control over 20% of our uranium.

This happened right after the Russians made a big contribution to the Clinton Foundation.

And the Clintons used foundation money as an expense account to pay for their lavish lifestyle and book speeches for Bill Clinton at up to $750,000 for 40 minutes.

So Hillary Clinton is guilty of treason (much more than Trump could possibly be) and taking bribes -- but nothing has happened to her.

As Secretary of State, Hillary used a private server that she claimed did not process any classified documents. It turned out that it did process classified documents that could have been hacked by Russia.

Hillary also deleted 30,000 emails in such a way that they could never be recovered. They might have contained classified information or indications that she was using the office of Secretary of State to do favors for foreign governments contributing money to the Clinton Foundation.

Congress subpoenaed Clinton's emails before she "acid washed" them, ordering her to preserve them as evidence. She ignored the subpoena and destroyed the evidence. Her staff who participated in that act refused to comply with a congressional subpoena to show up and testify. They also physically destroyed her cell phones using a hammer.

So Hillary is guilty of mishandling classified documents, destroying evidence, and obstruction of justice.

But nothing has happened to her.

While Hillary was under investigation by the FBI, the head of the Justice Department (of which the FBI is a part) Loretta Lynch secretly met with Bill Clinton on a plane in Phoenix, thus compromising the integrity of the investigation into Clinton. Immediately thereafter, James Comey, the FBI director, citing a statute that criminalizes even the unintentional mishandling of classified documents, insisted that Hillary should not be prosecuted because she had no intent to mishandle said documents.

So Loretta Lynch and James Comey are guilty of obstruction of justice.

But nothing has happened to them.

You all were saying something about Trump and the Russians....?

Old 04-01-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It's called treason.
Nope.

I've already explained that it doesn't fit the definition of treason under American law. Read the first post in this thread again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As I said in another tread that the OP asked the same question, colluding with a foreign power to tip an American election is treason.
Nope. This has already been explained.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 AM

What I find hilarious about this eight month investigation is that we already have the answer to the question that it is "asking."

In a speech during his campaign, Trump called on the Russians to release "the 30,000 deleted Hillary emails that they undoubtedly have in their possession."

How interesting that nobody said a thing about that.

Then, against all expectations, Trump won, and suddenly there "needs to be an investigation" to find out what we already know.

What we have here is not an investigation, but a fishing expedition in which it is hoped that Trump and his associates will compromise themselves such as happened in the Valerie Plame investigation.

Trump supporters should take note of the Republicans (including the leadership in both houses of Congress) who are allowing this to take place.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:05 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The only law Trump broke is that he's not a Demoncrap so they (MSM & Dems =same people) are on a hissy fit witch hunt.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:30 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
He broke McCain law. I think it is Logan act. You can see here former AG response to these kind of questions. It is going to be moral outrage rather than breaking some law. Basically moral outrage turning into impeachment. I think, that is what democrats are hoping for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo16QamjIc

No.

This has nothing to do with anything except trying to make Trump's team appear as dirty as the Democrats who were exposed by WikiLeaks for cheating in the election.

And let's face it, a lot of people really didn't want Trump.

The big prize, the Supreme Court, has been given to conservatives for a generation.

The influx of immigrants, both legal and illegal, that Democrats were hoping would finally, and permanently, politically disenfranchise white males will at least be curtailed.

And worst of all, the wages of working Americans might (gasp!) begin to make up lost ground relative to increases in productivity.

It's a real **** sandwich for a lot of people.

So, while no laws appear to have been broken, that doesn't mean we can't pretend that doesn't matter and press on our political show trial as though laws were broken, even if they weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies