Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 06:52 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,531,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
A foreign power can be considered an enemy of the United States without being in a declared state of war with the United States. I give you North Korea and Iran as prime examples.

And I've already told you that treason is being used as a generic catch word. Jonathon Pollard, the American intelligence officer who spied on behalf of U.S. ally Israel, was considered treasonous, but he was convicted under the Espionage Act.

As to what law Trump broke, no one has accused Donald Trump of anything.

So if there's no crime, why are the trumpettes so fearful of committee investigations by a Republican controlled legislature?

Trump's sycophants don't trust what is their own party (for the majority of them), to dependably skew the results of an investigation, to his favor. They fear the truth, which is their most frightful opponent and might force them out of their fantasy world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:19 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,014,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump's sycophants don't trust what is their own party (for the majority of them), to dependably skew the results of an investigation, to his favor. They fear the truth, which is their most frightful opponent and might force them out of their fantasy world.
Most of us were here during election night day. None of the commentators and analysts on any TV not even mentioned this Russia thing. Not even single poll analyst talked about it. Most of them pointed out about lack of message and losing blue collar voters in those three states (MI, PA and WI) as a reason for Hillary election lost. She could have won if she did her home work in those three states. Even CNN Jake taper pointed out ridiculous nature of Hillary not visiting WI.
EU, US and every one is pointing at Russia now. Wondering how many resources do they actually have to influence in this many places. It is also sad that some people message is getting swept away under this notion instead of influencing policies.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:20 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,547,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly. If everything was all on the up and up, hold the hearings and get it over with. Time for tax reform!
Tax reform for the rich. What a joke.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:22 PM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, let's see....

As Secretary of State, Hillary signed off on a deal that gave Russia control over 20% of our uranium.

This happened right after the Russians made a big contribution to the Clinton Foundation.

And the Clintons used foundation money as an expense account to pay for their lavish lifestyle and book speeches for Bill Clinton at up to $750,000 for 40 minutes.

So Hillary Clinton is guilty of treason (much more than Trump could possibly be) and taking bribes -- but nothing has happened to her.

As Secretary of State, Hillary used a private server that she claimed did not process any classified documents. It turned out that it did process classified documents that could have been hacked by Russia.

Hillary also deleted 30,000 emails in such a way that they could never be recovered. They might have contained classified information or indications that she was using the office of Secretary of State to do favors for foreign governments contributing money to the Clinton Foundation.

Congress subpoenaed Clinton's emails before she "acid washed" them, ordering her to preserve them as evidence. She ignored the subpoena and destroyed the evidence. Her staff who participated in that act refused to comply with a congressional subpoena to show up and testify. They also physically destroyed her cell phones using a hammer.

So Hillary is guilty of mishandling classified documents, destroying evidence, and obstruction of justice.

But nothing has happened to her.

While Hillary was under investigation by the FBI, the head of the Justice Department (of which the FBI is a part) Loretta Lynch secretly met with Bill Clinton on a plane in Phoenix, thus compromising the integrity of the investigation into Clinton. Immediately thereafter, James Comey, the FBI director, citing a statute that criminalizes even the unintentional mishandling of classified documents, insisted that Hillary should not be prosecuted because she had no intent to mishandle said documents.

So Loretta Lynch and James Comey are guilty of obstruction of justice.

But nothing has happened to them.

You all were saying something about Trump and the Russians....?
Hillary is not our president

Old 04-01-2017, 10:41 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,902,217 times
Treason? What a hoot coming from so many treasonous liberals.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:19 PM

29,823 posts, read 11,399,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Assuming Trump "colluded" with the Russians and got them to hack the Hillary campaign's emails, what law did he break?

I know it wouldn't be the law against treason, which only comes into play if you a) levy war against the United States or b) give aid and comfort to the enemy.

Russia is not an official enemy of the United States.

We have not declared war on them, nor they on us.

So what law did Trump break?

And what law did Flynn break when -- as incoming national security adviser -- he promised the Russians that Trump would lift some of the sanctions imposed by Obama? (assuming that actually happened.)

From what I can tell, no laws were broken.

So what we're seeing now is just political theater.
It is all just so silly. So the Russians or the CIA /FBI pretending to be the Russians hacked the DNC. All I heard at that time from the MSM was that no one cared. Bigger impact was Comey and his public statements but you can't blame them on the Russians so that is all ignored now by the left.

I almost feel sorry for the left. Almost.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:09 AM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It is all just so silly. So the Russians or the CIA /FBI pretending to be the Russians hacked the DNC. All I heard at that time from the MSM was that no one cared. Bigger impact was Comey and his public statements but you can't blame them on the Russians so that is all ignored now by the left.

I almost feel sorry for the left. Almost.
This is not political, it affects our country and our democracy. That's why the senate intelligence has over 25 people they want to interview next week and they haven't ruled out others as well. If our democracy was comprised by another country then we have to get to the bottom of this. Do you just want to live in la la land and pretend this is all fake news. That's your right. Not sure where you live but I would suggest you come to DC and sit in on the hearings. You would have a much better understanding what is going on

Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,395,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
By your (il)logic, N Korea, N Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, et al were not our enemies since we haven't declared war on anyone since 1941, right?

We seem to nave spent an awful lot of blood and $$$ fighting those who aren't our enemies.
Don't blame me, blame Congress.

It has the power to declare war. It has refused to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
What laws has Trump broken? Well lets start with the emoluments clause and his many conflicts of interests. "The emoluments clause was written precisely to stop a person like Trump." (The Washington Post.) A lawsuit was filed against him the day he took office, but this could prove to be an uphill battle.
I asked for a law.

You have not provided one.

Quote:
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around how someone could lose an election with 3 million more of the popular vote.
Go back to high school and study civics.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,395,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So you concede that treason doesn't amount to waging war against the U.S. or that the U.S. can have enemies that aren't currently at war with the United States.....
No. I haven't conceded that at all.

What I have conceded is that Hillary is guilty of treason according to the liberals' definition of that term.

Quote:
Yes, out of all of those documents, the FBI found about three that were marked 'Confidential'...three...
Wrong. They found over fifty that were classified.

Quote:
Except that they were recovered by the FBI through other sources. Your innuendo falls flat on its face.
The deleted 30,000 emails were not recovered by the FBI.

Nice try, though.

Quote:
Why then, they must be guilty! In fact weren't some of them granted immunity for testifying?
They ignored a congressional subpoena. That's what Democrats do.

Quote:
After a massive investigation by the FBI, which found that there wasn't enough evidence to make any charges stick in a court of law...something you admit right below here...
No, I don't.

I suggest you take a course in reading comprehension.

Then you might understand what I say and what the law says.

Quote:
So these two are guilty of obstruction? Then why isn't Trump's justice department pursuing charges?
Trump said he wanted to give Hillary a pass.

I think that's a stupid thing to do. Especially considering that the Democrats aren't giving him any pass.

Quote:
Again, the first post in this thread was such a flop, there's nothing left but deflection.
Oh, stop being so defensive.

We all know that Hillary is a crook and her husband is a pervert.

They perfectly represent the character of Democrats, progressives, leftists and liberals as a whole!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:04 PM

29,823 posts, read 11,399,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is not political, it affects our country and our democracy. That's why the senate intelligence has over 25 people they want to interview next week and they haven't ruled out others as well. If our democracy was comprised by another country then we have to get to the bottom of this. Do you just want to live in la la land and pretend this is all fake news. That's your right. Not sure where you live but I would suggest you come to DC and sit in on the hearings. You would have a much better understanding what is going on
Not political?

Come on. If Clinton had won and there was similar talk that Russia had wanted her to win, etc just like what is going on with Trump. You are telling me you would be just as vigilant and want a full investigation no matter how long it would drag on and how it might affect her ability to govern? I don't believe that for a second.

Its all political and this fake indignation of Russia compromising our democracy is just phony. It is the left pushing all this that is hurting democracy. How about Rice and the unmasking as well as what was leaked to the media? There were laws broken there, whether Rice did the leaks or someone else. Last time we had one political party spying on another the way this appears was watergate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies