Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 09:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Any article you link me to prove medical mistakes are not a threat that starts with this. * Anyone who has seen several derogatory articles about me on the web and is curious about what the real story is, please read this and this. is obviously bs. It's well know, it's all over the news and giving me links with a couple of doctors opinions on a conspiracy just makes me laugh. No need to waste your time anymore. I see where your scientific basis is coming from.
That article came from a blog that Suzy loves and it is very much a pro-vaccine, anti- alternative health, mock anyone who doesn't agree using childish insults type of blog. There are a lot of those types of blogs out there by the way. Very polarizing. And it's not surprising that when certain posters get all of their information from such blogs that they become extremist in their views. I would bet money that those blogs are industry funded at their root.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I would bet money that those blogs are industry funded at their root.
As is Suzy?

Check out the post history. It's all related to praising western medicine, even here in the politics forum. Just sayin'

Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
As is Suzy?

Check out the post history. It's all related to praising western medicine, even here in the politics forum. Just sayin'
You know you've lost the argument when you accuse the other side of being paid.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You know you've lost the argument when you accuse the other side of being paid.
...unless you look at their history, study their strong irrational bias, and come to an informed conclusion that they may in fact be paid.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
...unless you look at their history, study their strong irrational bias, and come to an informed conclusion that they may in fact be paid.
I heard tinfoil hats can protect you from measles, no need to vaccinate!

Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Oh, come on! "Irrational" is your bias. Actually, suzy_q2010's posts reflect the thinking of the medical and scientific experts world-wide. This includes health experts in countries with the dread "socialized medicine". The pro-vax position is the default position, even here in the US, actually especially in the US which doesn't have near the anti-vax movements of Australia, Europe and Japan. It's you anti-vaxers who hold the alternative position, that these people who have spent entire careers actually researching vaccines - and by researching I mean working in labs, with patients, etc, not reading anti-vax websites - are wrong and you're right.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:40 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Will someone please tell me why the pro-vaccination crowd labels those like me, people who think folks ought to be Free To Choose as being anti-vaccination? I despise the implication. I'm anti having some ******* dictate what I MUST do based on emotional BS. I cannot find an enumerated power in any Constitution in the US that says government has the authority to compel medical treatment of any kind, including preventative.

I've been vaccinated so has my wife and kids. I'm simply opposed to anyone, for any reason compelling others to obey THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates. The very concept is anti-American. It flat out defies LIBERTY... the very LIBERTY our nation was founded upon.

Have your beliefs and special ed morality. See if I care. Just quit demanding a RIGHT to impose it upon everyone else.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Oh, come on! "Irrational" is your bias. Actually, suzy_q2010's posts reflect the thinking of the medical and scientific experts world-wide. This includes health experts in countries with the dread "socialized medicine". The pro-vax position is the default position, even here in the US, actually especially in the US which doesn't have near the anti-vax movements of Australia, Europe and Japan. It's you anti-vaxers who hold the alternative position, that these people who have spent entire careers actually researching vaccines - and by researching I mean working in labs, with patients, etc, not reading anti-vax websites - are wrong and you're right.
Looks like I ruffled your feathers, eh?

Just like the medical establishment. They hate being proved wrong. They believe they are the end-all-be-all. Well I've been proudly non-pharmaceutical for a decade after terrible run-ins with doctors and malpractice. Oh, and I've traveled to 19 countries since. And never felt better. Oh, but science will call me an anomaly...

Old 04-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Someone will have to copy this and post it, as KS_Referee has me on ignore. However, I can't let this go.

"I cannot find an enumerated power in any Constitution in the US that says government has the authority to compel medical treatment of any kind, including preventative."

Pro-vax people have pointed out over and over that the US Supreme Court has ruled that public health is a value that should be protected, that no one has a "right" to go around infecting people, Jacobson v Massachusetts, 1905. They have ruled that mandatory vaccine mandates for school attendance are constitutional even in the absence of an epidemic, Zucht v King, 1922.

The Libertarian Party nominee for president in 2016, Gary Johnson, supports mandatory vaccination.
In Reversal, Gov. Gary Johnson Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination | Vermont Public Radio
"Libertarian presidential candidate and former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson is newly in favor of mandatory vaccination, he says, after learning more about the science of immunization. . . . “You know, since I’ve said that … I’ve come to find out that without mandatory vaccines, the vaccines that would in fact be issued would not be effective,” he said. “So … it’s dependent that you have mandatory vaccines so that every child is immune. Otherwise, not all children will be immune even though they receive a vaccine.”

He does believe vaccination should be handled on the local level, which is exactly as it is now.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Looks like I ruffled your feathers, eh?

Just like the medical establishment. They hate being proved wrong. They believe they are the end-all-be-all. Well I've been proudly non-pharmaceutical for a decade after terrible run-ins with doctors and malpractice. Oh, and I've traveled to 19 countries since. And never felt better. Oh, but science will call me an anomaly...
*Adjusts tinfoil hat*
"Ha ha ur mad so u lose!"

Troll logic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies