Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Define "improper."

Is it improper to offer Putin more flexibility after the election so he doesn't make any big waves before the election?
Not if you are the actual sitting president, no.

Trying to turn that into improper is nonsense.

But theres a counterpoint, and thats that Turning phone calls to discuss meeting, and getting to know each other is ALSO not improper.

Improper is doing things like "making comments that show you know podestos emails are about to be leaked, right before the Russians do so". Because that involves foreknowledge of a crime.

Improper is working with Nunes to derail a investigation-by discussing classified documents contents.

Things like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 08:38 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Not if you are the actual sitting president, no.

Trying to turn that into improper is nonsense.

But theres a counterpoint, and thats that Turning phone calls to discuss meeting, and getting to know each other is ALSO not improper.

Improper is doing things like "making comments that show you know podestos emails are about to be leaked, right before the Russians do so". Because that involves foreknowledge of a crime.

Improper is working with Nunes to derail a investigation-by discussing classified documents contents.

Things like that.
Why wouldn't that be improper? That is influencing an election with a quid pro quo.

"Hey Putin, I'll let you run more amok with a longer leash if you wait until after the election! Let me hammer Mitt "Cold War" Romney more for suggesting you are a geopolitical adversary"

Obama deceived the American people and gave Russia a longer leash - and we now complain about his aggressive actions post 2012 election.

Right...

Is it proper that Hillary helped Russia secure Uranium and now there are more reports that her foundation got more money from Russians and her husband got paid $500,000 by a Putin backed company for a short speech?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...m-company.html

If Russia was playing - they were almost certainly playing both sides. They wouldn't put all of their chips on the side heavily predicted to lose.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:39 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
So predictable. What will happen is that they will not find anything that links Trump to the DNC hacking, but Comey will be pressured by Democrats in the FBI to come out with a vague statement that doesn't completely absolve Trump and leaves a dark cloud over him, to give the Democrats some ammo in next midterms and presidential election. Because if he says "We don't have anything, case closed," he gets tons of flack from the Democrats, NYT, WaPo, etc. These intelligence agencies are becoming like a 4th branch of government.
There is no question that they will drag this out for as long as they can.

The Russian conspircy theory started 8 months ago, and so far not a single shred of evidence has been presented.

Everybody knows I don't like Hillary, but let's be honest, the Benghazi hearings were a dog, and pony show, this Russian conspircy theory is more of the same.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:58 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The Russian conspircy theory started 8 months ago, and so far not a single shred of evidence has been presented.
Of course there's no evidence -- criminal investigations never reveal the evidence they have before the trial. Some of the evidence against Trump may not be revealed for decades if it's classified.

The press and the public can only speculate what evidence exists behind the secure walls of the FBI. I give a better than a 50-50 chance that Trump is guilty of 1) collusion with the Russians to release stolen DNC data during the election and 2) illegal acceptance of foreign campaign contributions. Arrows that point towards this include Comey's statement that the investigation includes a criminal component; the involvement of the Treasury's financial crimes unit; evidence of Manafort's money laundering from Cyprus and Belize; Nunes' bizarre behavior; and more that I won't list here.

Michael Steele, former RNC chair, said today that Trump will not finish his term in office.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Of course there's no evidence -- criminal investigations never reveal the evidence they have before the trial. Some of the evidence against Trump may not be revealed for decades if it's classified.

The press and the public can only speculate what evidence exists behind the secure walls of the FBI. I give a better than a 50-50 chance that Trump is guilty of 1) collusion with the Russians to release stolen DNC data during the election and 2) illegal acceptance of foreign campaign contributions. Arrows that point towards this include Comey's statement that the investigation includes a criminal component; the involvement of the Treasury's financial crimes unit; evidence of Manafort's money laundering from Cyprus and Belize; Nunes' bizarre behavior; and more that I won't list here.

Michael Steele, former RNC chair, said today that Trump will not finish his term in office.
Yeah I heard that one. bought more shares of "Trump won't be president at the end of 2017" at $.25 each. A 75% return on investment. But only if I win. And I don't think there is a 50% chance of Trump himself being guilty. In fact I suspect its closer to 30% for him. And 50% for his Aides. And 30% oddly enough is the same odds Nate Silver gave him of winning the presidency. But I think there is a 50% chance he wont be in office in 9 months.

I'm not really sure WHAT to think of his behavior. A lot of people want to assign a lot of different ideas on the cause. I know I don't like it, but I have no idea if its calculated, or not.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:21 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

I'll give you dems credit, you never give up hope, no matter how long this drags out without any evidence to back it up.

Spoiler
When this is all over, you dems are going to end up very disappointed.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I'll give you dems credit, you never give up hope, no matter how long this drags out without any evidence to back it up.

Spoiler
When this is all over, you dems are going to end up very disappointed.
I give you credit, that was a masterful use of the spoiler tag

We are having too many statements from Comey, and others directly that say otherwise. Not enough to move forward, but absolutely enough to merit investigation.

And the actions by the Trump Administration are simply bizarre. There may be something. The question is...is it something stupid, or something real?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And should it turn out otherwise? Will you acknowledge you supported a traitor?

Haha, yeah, right ! They would support their leader regardless of if we had compromising pictures of him and a goat. When he did the con job on them, they were ripe for the picking and now can not admit any of his many failures are real.

The day they remove Trump from that office you will see them complaining it was a setup.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:21 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
Quote:
The most they've come up with is "We think Russia tried to influence our election by trolling through the internet." That's right, our tax dollars are being spent on trying to figure out the identity of internet trolls.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:31 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The most they've come up with is "We think Russia tried to influence our election by trolling through the internet." That's right, our tax dollars are being spent on trying to figure out the identity of internet trolls.
Do you really think that is what they meant? They just googled US election and that was basically the cause of the hack?

Wake up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies