Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:50 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Do you all ever get tired of this topic? Yes, it is a fact. The Democratic Party veered way of course and is floundering badly. They need to focus on ALL folks who are struggling, not simply minorities. Trump won. The republicans are ecstatic- we get it- we lost and are screwed for the foreseeable future. Some of us worry about it every day. Some of us know, change happens and nothing stays the same. It wasn't too many years back everyone said the Republican Party was screwded. Enjoy this time if you are a republican but don't fool yourself either. Most folks are somewhere in the middle politically. The folks who post on this forum do not represent the majority. As much as conservatives believe "all things conservative" will win out, history suggests otherwise. We will land somewhere in the middle on most issues. But we get get it. You won, we lost. It's your time to gloat- Enjoy it.
I voted for Trump and mostly agree with what you are saying. The far left will support the D candidate no matter who that person is or what their platform is becuase the alternative is too terrible for them to conceive of. The far right will support the R candidate no matter who that person is or what their platform is because the alternative is too terrible for them to conceive of. Most of us are in the middle leaning a bit to the left or a bit to the right. We're the ones who decide elections. We're the ones both parties need to speak to, not the extremes. Much of the problem with the extremes is that they don't realize just how much out of touch with the middle they are. They over-focus on each battle (stupid stuff like bathrooms) rather than on the larger war.

Many of us have voted on both sides of the equation. For example after voting twice for Bush I voted for Obama the 1st time because I thought he might represent us all against the big money interests that Bush was too cozy with. That didn't happen and so he didn't get my vote the 2nd time. This last time Hillary was just so utterly corrupt and wrapped up with identity politics that it was easy to overlook Trumps faults. Though I don't agree politically with Bernie on many issues, I'd of still considered him seriously if he had been the candidate. I couldn't consider Hillary for even a moment, hence Trump was the only viable candidate to choose from.

Trump's electoral win was with narrow margins in key states. There was no mandate in that regard. He very much does not an edge in 2020 unless the Dems again put up a horrible candidate. That is a real possibility given they are charging full steam ahead with the same old identity politics. At the same time Trump would have lost many of his 2016 voters if that abominable healthcare plan had passed. 2020 boils down to whichever party is less stupid will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I am sure the Democrats don't want to be tainted by racism and ignorance anyways ... unlike the Republicans who will sell their soul to the devil and sacrifice their firstborn just to win an election.

Is winning at all costs worth losing the moral high ground?
You should ask Hillary, she did it and still lost. Partisan blinders probably won't let you ask, or even see, that.

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If that were the case, we would not have "The Donald" as your BOSS.
& here we are. Where governing is still the problem, & he's still clueless.

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just keep doing what you're doing........that's all the help they could ever wish for.

Exposing the DNC for what they really are, has worked very well so far. Hasn't it. It got you "The Donald" as your BOSS.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
And lose more and more as they keep the crap up.

It wasn't the Russians. It was you.
Keep what up, exactly? It's Trump and his cronies who are misbehaving, not the Dems. As Trump supporters keep repeating, the Dems are powerless. So with a Republican supermajority, why is Trump still unable to make his core campaign promises a reality? I suppose golfing vacations at Mar-a-Lago, temper tantrums at the White House, and whining Tweetfests take up too much of his time.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
LOL @ beta male. We don't have alphas and betas in polite society. They can emerge in combat and prison. Which have you experienced?
You still don't understand why the Ron Paul Tea Party had so much influence. Why the house went republican in 2010. Why the Senate went Republican, why 32 states went Republican, and now you got "The Donald" to be your daddy.
Keep doing what your doing. It is working well... For Republicans.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"Never" is a long time, BB.

But Trumplings sure have a stranglehold on America right now.

You guys are so full of "win."

You are right. Never is a very long time. At one time I thought that I'd "never" vote for a Republican for President. But I did just that.

I was a registered Democrat for many years. I voted for Clinton, Gore, Romney, Obama. But after seeing what happened to that party I dropped by DEM registration and went independent. I'm not the only Democrat who has done this.

I won't marry myself to a political party now. But since we are a two party system, I will say the current GOP reflects my priorities far more than the Democrats. If the Democrats want to win back my vote, then they need to start making some vast changes starting with admitting as to why they have lost all 3 branches of government.

Until they do this, and put some new leadership in place, instead of constantly bleating about the Russians, then they will remain a fringe regional party.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Exposing the DNC for what they really are, has worked very well so far. Hasn't it. It got you "The Donald" as your BOSS.

So far, the Donald hasn't been able to BOSS his own party.

Or even his tweet phone.

Maybe it's his tiny hands.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:58 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:

It wasn't the Russians.
According to the CIA and FBI Russia hacked the 2016 presidential election in order to help Donald Trump win.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rump/95528318/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/16/1...n-interference

Old 04-02-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I think we have lost some young voters, at least temporarily, to candidates who claim to be libertarian, but really aren't when it comes right down to it.
Yes, those in High School, cannot stand the restrictive and regressive DNC platform of taking liberties to micro-manage lives how they think.

The younger gen is rebelling!
You don't think for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies